Forum preservation thread

Why do you seemingly view Wright's podcast as something far greater than this forum? Why is Wright doing an hour podcast once a week more valuable than JT putting in more time here when more people probably read this forum than listen to his podcast.

This isn't content?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/thailand-at-the-1996-atlanta-games.3492813/

Please expound on Wright's content if you would. It wasn't long ago he was a "Dekkers was fighter of the year" guy. Don't you loathe those people? You're often the first to mock them on here. He also said Armen Petrosyan was a top 10 fighter in kick fighting. You would laugh if that was said on here. "___________ played the Thai game and won the fight on points." That combined with butchering the name is about the content I remember from Steven Wright. That one thread from JT is greater "content" than anything from Warman's podcast. Rian Scalia was the person who would have some interesting things to say back when I would listen, not Wright.
I don't know why you just wasted your time writing all of that when it had nothing to do with the point I made. You little girls get butthurt because guys like Steven or Laurence get publicity. They do because they produce actual media content and get their name out there. You two nerds are are trapped in a sub forum on a MMA website wondering why your voices aren't being heard...

Yes, in the sense that he competes in a sport more people follow worldwide within a promotion that has some name value to back it up. People are bigger kickboxing fans than muay thai fans, that's just a matter of fact.

People are bigger kickboxing than muay thai fans because of artifice and bullshit. So it clearly isn't justified. What Panpayak and Sam A have done is night and day compared to Takeru and Tenshin.

You didn't even attempt to respond to the question.

The Lucas Bourdon, Caposa, Liverkick, Steven Wright, Bestafer7, Jeffrey James twitter accounts amount to one nonstop disgusting Japanese kickboxing and MMA circle jerk. They put Snubnoze and Yodsanan to shame.

I don't know why you just wasted your time writing all of that when it had nothing to do with the point I made. You little girls get butthurt because guys like Steven or Laurence get publicity. They do because they produce actual media content and get their name out there. You two nerds are are trapped in a sub forum on a MMA website wondering why your voices aren't being heard...

It had everything to do with what you were saying. You were hyping steven Wright up like his podcast is somehow greater than what JT does on here. Again, why is producing a weekly podcast so significant? Why does content produced here not count, especially when it probably reaches more people? What does Lawrence Kenshin have to do with anything? He and Wright are not comparable in the attention they get.

As far as producing media content, I've been there, done that. Hell, last I remember, a Muay Thai piece I wrote for liverkick was the second most viewed thing in the history of the site behind a Badr Hari article.

People are bigger kickboxing than muay thai fans because of artifice and bullshit. So it clearly isn't justified. What Panpayak and Sam A have done is night and day compared to Takeru and Tenshin.

Ponder what it would be like if a 16-year-old not from Thailand beat Kongsak, Nong-O, Singdam, Petboonchu and then beat Saenchai shortly after turning 17. That wouldn't just be a huge deal within kick fighting, it would be picked up all over the combat sports media and maybe beyond that. A Thai does this and it's mostly a shrug.

The Lucas Bourdon, Caposa, Liverkick, Steven Wright, Bestafer7, Jeffrey James twitter accounts amount to one nonstop disgusting Japanese kickboxing and MMA circle jerk. They put Snubnoze and Yodsanan to shame.

To Bourdon's credit, I'll sometimes search a fighter on Twitter, a tweet of his will show, and it's often very similar to posts we make on here. To the dismay of Snub, that dude definitely reads this "content" or even posts here.

Ponder what it would be like if a 16-year-old not from Thailand beat Kongsak, Nong-O, Singdam, Petboonchu and then beat Saenchai shortly after turning 17. That wouldn't just be a huge deal within kick fighting, it would be picked up all over the combat sports media and maybe beyond that. A Thai does this and it's mostly a shrug.

True, although I suppose that this would be somewhat "special" since no nonthai, to the best of my knowledge, has ever accomplished anything remotely this good. But the likelihood is that combat sports media would mostly just focus on the kid being a 16 year old phenom, who had to juggle school and fighting, and couldn't even buy a beer yet. Instead of putting it in it's proper historical context, they'll just play up the story of being "an average 16 year old kid who kicks ass and fights grown men". Combat sports artifice and "storytelling" over all.

There really isn't anything to say that being 16 or 17 years old makes you any more or less likely to accomplish this stuff. It is muay thai after all.

Last edited:
To Bourdon's credit, I'll sometimes search a fighter on Twitter, a tweet of his will show, and it's often very similar to posts we make on here. To the dismay of Snub, that dude definitely reads this "content" or even posts here.

It's only muay thai fanboiism when we say it, though.

According many on this forum, much of what me and Coca are saying is just common knowledge and that we're not really debunking anything or exposing anyone's lies. If this is so, then why is this forum so dead set against us saying this stuff, what's the harm if we're just telling people what they already know? But then when someone says that the way Lion Fight is covered by Sherdog and the way that it promoted itself was totally disingenuous or that Tenshin and Takeru aren't the be all and end all of kickfighting, that they've been reported and promoted as, the response is always something to the affect of "ha, ha, ha, you know nothing about promotion noobs!!!!!!!". I thought what we were saying was common knowledge?

The truth is that there is so much artifice, misinformation and outright lying going on in kickfighting in the name of "promotion", that the average fan couldn't tell distinguish their left hand from their right.

Last edited:
We've had people posting threads in this forum asking if Saenchai will fight in Lion Fight, because they've been told that this is the pinnacle of muay thai. This stuff we rail against obviously has a pernicious effect.

HD video, english commentary, and vtrs may be part of the reason why people gravitate to a lesser product. But the fact that these sports, promotions and fighters are touted as the best, when they absolutely are not, clearly has an effect as well. If more people knew the facts about where kickboxing and muay thai actually stacked up compared to one another, this would definitely make a difference in how much attention they got and how they were viewed.

Last edited:
People don't like it when you use passive aggressiveness or sarcasm to get your points trough. If you would speal normally fewer people would complain

No, I did respond just fine. The sports are different enough for people like one and not the other.

I could care less about someones skill level and accomplishments, if I find the ruleset and scoring aesthetically unpleasing.

Muay thai and kickboxing are totally different sports

make up your mind.

Last edited:

Yodwicha and Saengmanee winning against big names was a quite big discussion back then when they were 16 and they are still just as talked about as any japanese kickboxer on here.

And again, you're using the term "kickfighting". If this site was a muay thai site or even this subforum alone, you could be mad. But since most people are kickboxing fans and don't care about what happens in muay thai I don't understand you being salty.

I think people were trying to hype Ginsanglek a few month ago but it seems like the hype has died out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back