Forum preservation thread

exactly. he made his breakthrough fight through a thai 99% of the kickfighting doesn't know. tells you much more how much respected the Lumpinee strap is in the fighting world, even though most people don't even follow the sport.
And Lumpinee champions get beat every 5 minutes, but it only matters when a nonthai wins impressively vs one of them.

How famous is this Tenshin guy? Is he as famous as say, Sangmanee?

And Lumpinee champions get beat every 5 minutes, but it only matters when a nonthai wins impressively vs one of them.

Making his pro debut in muay thai and knocking him out in the first round with a spinning backkick could also be a reason.

You two desperately trying to cram 2 different demographics into one, just so you can say muay thai is not getting attention.
Exactly.

More people watch Kickboxing not because of a tweet they do it because stadium Muay Thai makes absolutely zero effort to market the product to a non Thai audience.

I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp?

You two desperately trying to cram 2 different demographics into one, just so you can say muay thai is not getting attention.

They are the same demographic. Most people who like kickboxing claim to like muay thai and often don't even bother to differentiate between the two. There is a reason that this whole kickfighting label exists. Liverkick and Kiksie and whatever other websites which are out there are supposed to be kickboxing and muay thai websites.

Exactly.

More people watch Kickboxing not because of a tweet they do it because stadium Muay Thai makes absolutely zero effort to market the product to a non Thai audience.

Because jt and myself think it's better to promote the truth and we don't give a fuck about advertising, marketing, herd mentality and whatever else drives opinions and views.

Me and Coca and Rob are pretty much the only ones on this forum who even try. Coca made a whole thread about what Prajanchai had accomplished.
Ya, because the sport is hard to follow. Hence why nobody but a handful of people put in the time and effort to plug shit into Google translater just to watch a fight and have any clue about its context.

In the western world, no he isn't. In JJ and Cocas head he probably is.
This isn't even debateable. Look at the number of views this video has and it was being retweeted like mad in MMA circles.

And what does the western world have to do with anything? Sangmanee is Thai the majority of the people who know he exists are thai.

Because jt and myself think it's better to promote the truth and we don't give a fuck about advertising, marketing, herd mentality and whatever else drives opinions and views.
Well pin the blue ribbon upon your chest.

Unfortunately nobody cares, and neither of you are doing a good enough job spreading the word..

Exactly.

that's not even the point I'm trying to make. Even if Kickboxing and Muay thai would get the same treatment of worldwide coverage on a major network, you still couldn't blame people for not giving a shit about muay thai if the sport isn't appealing to them.

Ya, because the sport is hard to follow. Hence why nobody but a handful of people put in the time and effort to plug shit into Google translater just to watch a fight and have any clue about its context.

Why is it so much easier to follow what Tenshin has done and kickfighting in Japan generally? No one on here even knew who Tenshin was until recently when Karaevfan made a whole post about him.

This isn't even debateable. Look at the number of views this video has and it was being retweeted like mad in MMA circles.

And what does the western world have to do with anything? Sangmanee is Thai the majority of the people who know he exists are thai.

should I pull up a buzzfeed article with click numbers to prove anything? It's retweeted in mma circles because Tenshin actually does MMA.

wait a second, the Tenshin video is actually only on place 28. of his most watched videos.

should I pull up a buzzfeed article with click numbers to prove anything? It's retweeted in mma circles because Tenshin actually does MMA.
It was being retweeted well before he was in Rizin. You are in total denial, Tenshin has a million times the hype Sangmanee will ever have. The biggest new story on Sangmanee was after he almost died from poisoning. That is the kind of shit that outlets like to pick up.

The moment an analytical look into the relationships between these two sports became more of a discussion is when people started claiming "forum death." What comes when you look at these sports from that perspective? Something close to a terrible and cold hard truth.

Why is it so much easier to follow what Tenshin has done and kickfighting in Japan generally? No one on here even knew who Tenshin was until recently when Karaevfan made a whole post about him.

It isn't. It's just more fun to watch.

Different sports.

deadhorse.jpg

It was being retweeted well before he was in Rizin. You are in total denial, Tenshin has a million times the hype Sangmanee will ever have. The biggest new story on Sangmanee was after he almost died from poisoning. That is the kind of shit that outlets like to pick up.

Because people like kickboxing more.

Back