Forum preservation thread | Page 10

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Cocakillbana, Apr 7, 2017.

1. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    I partially posted it because people rag on Coca for only complaining on this forum or whatever but he at least put out 40-50 muay thai videos.

Thycidides likes this.
  2. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Where does it say fighting abroad? It says internationally famous. Because you guys seem butthurt that thais don't get international recognition. All i'm saying is alot of thais could be alot more famous than they are but you say you don't care about marketing, only the truth? The truth is lack marketing is what makes them not get the attention they deserve.

Tayski likes this.
  3. verrix White Belt

verrix
    needs more captions explaining everything

AbeRudder likes this.
  4. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    But does such a video pass the content test?

5. Thycidides Blue Belt

Thycidides
    I would totally listen to a JT and Coca podcast, or read a website if they made one. I kind of want to see those liverkick articles Coca mentioned. The two of them are great and I enjoy thier threads.

verrix likes this.
  6. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Yeah good job by Coca. I guess him, Yodsanan, Snubsnoze etc always had their kickboxing vs muay thai elitism discussions but personally it's all the sarcasm in Jtrs post that i don't like.

7. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    If a video of that Sean Fagan guy can get alot of views, I'm sure a video of Panpayak could get much more views than that.

8. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Perhaps but it would need people finding and clicking the video to start with.

9. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    They're mostly trash. Hell, I occasionally see my old posts on here that make me shake my head.

10. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    I've never been good at self-promotion. Sometimes I'll post a link but that's about as far as I go.

11. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Not without a nice click bait title, provocative thumbnail, upbeat metal soundtrack, and Facebook spams...

SuperLuigi likes this.
  12. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    99.99999999% of Thais who are "internationally famous" fight internationally. And if Pet Utong was to ever hope to become even remotely as famous as the other guys you mentioned, sorry as I am to say it, he wouldn't do it fighting in the stadiums and would probably have to do kickboxing.

So yes I put words in your mouth by virtue of making far better sense of your post than it deserved.

13. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Lol.

So first you're butthurt because thais don't get a fair amount of attention in comparison to Takeru and Tenshin, then you say people should just appreciate him for fighting in stadiums, now you're saying it would be impossible for Pet U Thong to be as famous as the other guys i mentioned (i guess Saiyok, Buakaw, Sittichai?). So you're fucked either way, what are you even trying to accomplish?

I didn't suggest Pet U Thong should fight abroad because i'm fine with him figgting thais. I'm sure there are a handful of other people who appreciate Pet U Thong just for what he does, but if he wants more fame the marketing needs to be targeted to a wider audience, not only to gamblers. This can be done without fighting abroad, but if he wants even more fame then yes, fighting abroad in countries around the world is optimal. Not denying that at all, it's how the current promotional structure of kickfighting works.

Ultimately for people to appreciate nak muays just for what they are, the promotions need to market themselves towards an international audience too and not just towards gamlers. I think this is already happening with all these new promotions with online live streams,, more social media presence etc. Not there yet but going in that direction.

14. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707

World's Best, y'all <45>

15. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Some people will watch and retweet about every shitty combat sports events under the sun, except stadium muay thai. Must be all the amazing promotion they did, as apposed to those dumb stadium promoters who have know idea how to get their product out there.

verrix likes this.
  16. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    The circle jerk is well under way.

verrix likes this.
  17. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Nah they're not dumb they just focus on a different audience which is fine, but the kind of publicity promotions get are a result of their marketing strategies. I don't really follow the japanese kickboxing scene but if they do get that much publicity i guess their target group is different and also bigger than from that of stadium promotions. Their (promoters and managers) product idea might not even be to put on the best fighters against each others but to create hyped "stars" that compete in fights that create intense emotions in their audience that consists mostly of casual fans. Obvously this doesn't appeal to everyone and certainly not for you and coca it seems. This is a common phenomenon in all businesses, not only the kickfighting world. For examole, I avoid McDonalds because i think it's shit, but billions of other people still enjoy it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  18. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    That wasn't even a kickboxing bout, it was a Lethwei bout in Japan. I can assure you the the target group of Lethwei events taking place anywhere, let alone in Japan, is not bigger or different than that of stadium promoters. There are no stars to build in Lethwei, there are no storylines, they aren't trying to build intense emotions, nothing. There is no marketing strategy to Lethwei events taking place in Japan and I'm certain that the event had zero promotional muscle behind it. It's just a random event which got picked up because all you need to do is hold a kickfighting event with nonthais and there are people like this who will tweet about it.

Events with nonthais in them get a leg up in "promotion" and "visibility" by default.

19. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Events and fights which feature exclusively thais on the other hand need to be avoided like the plague.

I'm sure that if you were to ask these people, or any journalists or fans, what they thought about muay thai, they'd say that they loved it and would happily watch it given the opportunity. Their twitter timelines and websites tell a very different story. They suggest something closer to a personal vendetta.

20. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    I did not watch the video clips i'm talking from a general point of view and not necessarily "K-1 style kickboxing vs muay thai". I mean even in thailand Max get better TV ratings than stadium fights (many of them are not even televised) because again, their target audience is different.

Btw, looking at the retweet/like rate it looks like people did not care much about these fights? Not sure what those tweets are supposed to prove.

AndyTran likes this.