Former shredded, buff and fit guys. Why did you let yourself get fat? How did it happen?

im disgusted by what im reading in this thread btw. and for those that are blaming wives, kids, jobs, drugs, depression, blah blah blah. the most valuable thing you have is your health, if you care about being around as long as possible for your kids and loved ones, or want to be as susccesful as possible, or want to feel better, or whatever get ur shit straight homeboy, ur fucking up if u let urself go .

Plus it keeps your woman on her toes.

Metabolism slows down, I exercise less, I eat more. And old nagging injuries from high school wrestling keep me from hitting the gym or going to bjj class as much as I would like.

Buncha pussy ITT.

Currently shredded AF at 37.

What's your definition of " shredded AF" ? You wanna them 36 in waist 5'9 218 lbs " mostly muscle " shredded motherfuckers or a legit shredded motherfucker ? Because I see a whooooole lot of the former that delusionally believe that they are the later.

Working in an office...
stress.... losing appetite for an actual meal and then afterwards snacking when I would get hungry

What's your definition of " shredded AF" ? You wanna them 36 in waist 5'9 218 lbs " mostly muscle " shredded motherfuckers or a legit shredded motherfucker ? Because I see a whooooole lot of the former that delusionally believe that they are the later.

I'd say there are a lot of these guys here who think shredded means something else.
IMG_1277.JPG

The later but I'm not big either. Currently, 145lbs as of today. My waist measured 26". 16" arms. Deep 6 pack and vascular. I've worked hard over the last 4 months and I look damn good. But I'm not delusional either, could be bigger, could be more shredded. Always could be better.

How did this happen?

Work?
School?
Work & School?
Work, School, Family?
Laziness?
Long term relationship made you comfortable?

I hope that this never happens to me and even in cases of injury I still hope to do some sort of workout and eat decent.
This thread tells me that it's already happened. You should be ashamed of yourself.

At peak fitness level, i was always training for some sport or competition, and had that motivation. Now I'm old (48) and my body hurts from all the sports, and training is more about pain tolerance than muscle fatigue. It's not hard to lose interest and let it all slip away.

At peak fitness level, i was always training for some sport or competition, and had that motivation. Now I'm old (48) and my body hurts from all the sports, and training is more about pain tolerance than muscle fatigue. It's not hard to lose interest and let it all slip away.

Agreed. I'm going through my OHP workout today and was like, "Fuck this shit hurts!" Needed 14 reps at 155lbs, but could only bang out 11.

There's always a good excuse, right. It's hard for me to get motivated knowing I could gain 10 kg more fat, and still be gwapo...lol.

<Gordonhat>
I'm tall & lanky for my weight class. When I stopped training, I started gaining weight. My team mates thought I was lifting. They just didn't realized how difficult my weight management was for the past 2 years.

Still guapo in whatever weightclass, checking in.

Agreed. I'm going through my OHP workout today and was like, "Fuck this shit hurts!" Needed 14 reps at 155lbs, but could only bang out 11.
I've been crushing my workouts for a few weeks consistently now, and actually found some motivation, but woke up Wednesday and could not even bend over to tie my shoes. Two days later, shooting pain down my legs and I'm basically an invalid for now. That's about as de-motivating as possible, and getting even fatter and out of shape only makes it worse. It's a slippery slope!

im 39 and it hasnt happened
i stay on my grind because im not a soft bitch

Same here I'm 37, I don't lift as much now because I live in a fucking village in Alaska but always on the pull-ups, push-ups, sprints, running, jump rope, kettlebell shit.

Also for my job im spending weeks at a time hauling heavy backpacks around the Alaskan bush. I was in awesome shape when I got here then lost another 10-15lbs from work. Im probably in the best shape of my life and looking forward to the bighorn sheep hunting season, and those fuckers aren't going to be able to get away from me in the mountains.

Last edited:
Same here I'm 37, I don't lift as much now because I live in a fucking village in Alaska but always on the pull-ups, push-ups, sprints, running, jump rope, kettlebell shit.

Also for my job im spending weeks at a time hauling heavy backpacks around the Alaskan bush. I was in awesome shape when o got here then lost another 10-15lbs from work. Im probably in the best shape of my life and looking forward to the bighorn sheep hunting season, and hose fuckers aren't going to be able to get away from me in the mountains.
thats more of a workout than 99% of the pople alive do bro, dont sell urself short

Shit even I could probably do that. I thought you were some beast powerlifter....

thats more of a workout than 99% of the pople alive do bro, dont sell urself short

Yeah it's cool man, I mean I get to work outside in Alaska and make a government salary.

The real thing here is that at this time of year, there's not much surplus meat in villages as it's been nearly a year since the moose season. So it's all fishing for protein which is ok but no fat ass moose steaks until September.

All the god gets flown in so you need to sort of measure out what you're eating, you don't want to get drunk and cook up like 6 days worth of tacos and bread mix and use all your butter and shit like that lol.

Still buff and looking younger than my true age thanks mom & dad, football, fitness, & vanity. Thank you God for family, friends, blessing & sins I've learned from both...

161388-GWYNETH.gif

Back