Floyd turned 40 today.

Oh this is a great example!!!
Would you believe he only played Quarterback in High School...lol? His school (Torrey Pines) was in our league and I saw him every year. He never played defense cause he was a top qb prospect they didnt want to get hurt.
I think he was a Top 5 QB in the State and #1 Baseball Pitcher in the State too (California). So much for that theory of football players being "fairy nerds that couldnt make it in other sports"....A guy who played half of his football life at the softest position on the field (minus the kicker), ends up being one of the fiercest hitters in the history of the NFL...lol
Lynch was a monster.

I think if we had a draft again today not knowing anything about the guys other than their combine stats and college accolades, Brady would still be a 12th QB picked...lol..kind of silly to think you wouldn't take him if you knew that he would take you to 7 Super Bowls and Aaron Rodgers wouldn't.....Nobody is arguing that physically there aren't better options. But its undeniable that Tom Brady has some intangibles that we cant quantify on paper that have made him more successful. We could say the Packers have a very similar personnel as the Pats. Maybe a part of the equation is the consistency of the coaching staff vs the changes A-Rod has had to play through. Its been a perfect storm for the Pats and you have to give management the credit for that.
Part of my thing with Brady is generally.. even if his defense isn't full of studs they're more than competent at stopping people. Since the SB the Packers D has been ass.

Gotta wonder what Rodgers could have done with the defenses Brady has had.

Its hand down the 1st or 2nd most violent team sport on earth, (Hockey would be the other).

This. Terry Sawchuk, one of the greatest NHL ice hockey players ever, had the face to prove it (before they wore masks). There's a regular poster here with a Sawchuk AV. Terry could've been cast as Frankenstein.

131211-life-hockey-goalie-sawchuk-1966.jpg

pN6t4oB.jpg

Grand Rapids Griffins' Mitch Callahan had his jaw broken by the puck, teeth smashed out and upper lip ripped open. He was struck in the mouth by the puck a second time and lost another tooth during a light practice in late 2015. This doesn't even cover being checked hard against the plexiglass, high-sticking or all of the fighting that commonly occurs between rival/opposing players from all positions.

article-2596345-1CCF009600000578-937_306x423.jpg

NHL: Knockouts (KO's & TKO's) compilation. Ground & Pound has also been employed against unprotected heads on the ice. You can essentially assault other players legally. This compilation captures some of that and they put up the "Tale of the Tape" during some of their fights lol. Fighting is a part of the sport in the NHL and ice hockey is a true international sport (winter) along with its cousin, field hockey (summer). Both are recognized Olympic sports.

Last edited:

And this is all from just one guy. HE KNOCKED OUT his own fucking brother in law.

I didn't know he knocked out his own brother-in-law. That's nuts. I know of him though. He was a monster on the field. Here are 10 big hits resulting in knockouts that I'll post to contribute. There's some variety in this video.

Last edited:
I didn't know he knocked out his own brother-in-law. That's nuts. I know of him though. He was a beast on that field. Here are 10 big hits resulting in knockouts that I'll post to contribute. There's some variety in this video.

Hockey players go hard too but you don't hear about those ridiculous injuries like football players (at least you don't seem to) and those dudes have fucking swords strapped to their feet.

Admittedly you have those hits like the ones from Scott Stevens almost killing Kariya, ending Lindros' career, and the one from Burrows to Horton that changed the way the Bruins played that Stanley Cup that year but still.

The Kozlov and Kariya hits by Stevens I thought they were dead.

The injury difference I think cause in Hockey its a by-product of the sport and football its the very essence of the sport
I didn't know he knocked out his own brother-in-law. That's nuts. I know of him though. He was a monster on the field. Here are 10 big hits resulting in knockouts that I'll post to contribute. There's some variety in this video.

Thread officially jacked I think:

Thats cool an all, but honestly didnt watch. Im not a big fan of those KO videos in football. They're pretty rare in the scheme of how many plays happen per game and the number of games there are, and the game in general is what I was getting at. When a common defensive end vs offensive tackle battle every play looks like a UFC HW Championship clinch, you know this game is real deal. And not even including the missile shots from 20 yrds at high speed by 215-230lbs sprinters in these type of videos posted. Lets not forget everybody is at the least 190-200lbs and up from there (we're talking Lt. HW small fast guys and HW on up unlimited to the mid-high 300 lbs that can move and throwdown) The NFL has the most concentrated collection of rounded physical specimens in the world, theres no arguement. Guys like to say soccer players are good athletes. Yeah, they are, but catch Ronaldo in a clothesline one time or throw him in a gauntlet in practice and that fool would quit and take up tennis one minute later if there was no soccer. Messi? Shit, his little ass would be a great placekicker, thats it, Rooney, same thing... NBA? Theres a few guys but theres plenty that got a lot of bitch in them and the game allows them to get away with it and still be a star. In football aint no bitches allowed, you gotta bring it AND be gifted to make plays.
Nobody really likes to see those hits glorified much, cause now with the the CPE issue it hurts the games image, when theres more to it than just kill shots. Without using the dramatic perfect timing of those kill-shots, our point is this, even just asking that poster to block the guy in front of him for 5 plays straight would whoop his ass.

Last edited:
The injury difference I think cause in Hockey its a by-product of the sport and football its the very essence of the sport

Thread officially jacked I think:

Thats cool an all, but honestly didnt watch. Im not a big fan of those KO videos in football. They're pretty rare in the scheme of how many plays happen per game and the number of games there are, and the game in general is what I was getting at. When a common defensive end vs offensive tackle battle every play looks like a UFC HW Championship clinch, you know this game is real deal. And not even including the missile shots from 20 yrds at high speed by 215-230lbs sprinters in these type of videos posted. Lets not forget everybody is at the least 190-200lbs and up from there (we're talking Lt. HW small fast guys and HW on up unlimited to the mid-high 300 lbs that can move and throwdown) The NFL has the most concentrated collection of rounded physical specimens in the world, theres no arguement. Guys like to say soccer players are good athletes. Yeah, they are, but catch Ronaldo in a clothesline one time or throw him in a gauntlet in practice and that fool would quit and take up tennis one minute later if there was no soccer. Messi? Shit, his little ass would be a great placekicker, thats it, Rooney, same thing... NBA? Theres a few guys but theres plenty that got a lot of bitch in them and the game allows them to get away with it and still be a star. In football aint no bitches allowed, you gotta bring it AND be gifted to make plays.
Nobody really likes to see those hits glorified much, cause now with the the CPE issue it hurts the games image, when theres more to it than just kill shots. Without using the dramatic perfect timing of those kill-shots, our point is this, even just asking that poster to block the guy in front of him for 5 plays straight would whoop his ass.

Yeah, good points. The NFL does have the most concentrated collection of elite athletes in the world. I agree with that. Ronaldo is an elite athlete though in general and especially in his sport. The CTE issue is a big one, especially when the NFL reports lower numbers of concussions than what's really out there. The NFL has at least 4-5x as many concussions as the NHL according to the research. It's likely a lot higher than that, even.

Last edited:
Yeah, good points. The NFL does have the most concentrated collection of elite athletes in the world. I agree with that. Ronaldo is an elite athlete though in general and especially in his sport. The CPE issue is a big one, especially when the NFL reports lower numbers of concussions than what's really out there. The NFL has at least 4-5x as many concussions as the NHL according to the research. It's likely a lot higher than that, even.
Did you know girls and womens soccer from youth to pro universally has 10Xs more incidents of concussions than the same range of football?

the robin black of football. intellectual masturbation and overcomplicating everything for no reason doesnt make u smarter brah

This has to be one of Queen B's alts.

no it isnt

Yes, it is.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. would literally have to be 47-55 years old for Conor to have more than 1% chance of winning a boxing fight against him.

We are talking about two elite competitors in two completely different sports.

That is one of the reasons that I hope that Dana White, UFC, and WME can stop this boxing fight from happening.

Yes, it is.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. would literally have to be 47-55 years old for Conor to have more than 1% chance of winning a boxing fight against him.

We are talking about two elite competitors in two completely different sports.

That is one of the reasons that I hope that Dana White, UFC, and WME can stop this boxing fight from happening.
>"yes it is"
>admits im right in literally the next sentence

>"yes it is"
>admits im right in literally the next sentence

This is what I wrote:

In a boxing fight, Conor McGregor has very little chance of defeating Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It is completely irrelevant how old Floyd Mayweather Jr. is.

This is what I should have written:

In a boxing fight, Conor McGregor has very little chance of defeating Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It is completely irrelevant how old or how young Floyd Mayweather Jr. is.

What I thought was that YOU were saying that Conor has more than 1% chance of winning a boxing fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. because Mayweather Jr. is now 40 years old.

To reiterate, I don't think that 40 is old at all, especially when you are Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Mayweather Jr. is known for not absorbing exorbitant amounts of damage throughout his career.

Back