Floyd turned 40 today.

What goofball shit happened with their Super Bowls?
Spygate, deflategate, The Tuck rule game, Pete Carroll's a bone head and throws it, The Falcons blow the game.

Every time it's something goofy.
Montana won 4 rings and didn't have so much asterisk type material surrounding him or opponents who gave away the game

In their defense, they suffered from the same shit when they lost to NYG during their perfect season.

Spygate, deflategate, The Tuck rule game, Pete Carroll's a bone head and throws it, The Falcons blow the game.

Every time it's something goofy.
Montana won 4 rings and didn't have so much asterisk type material surrounding him or opponents who gave away the game

In their defense, they suffered from the same shit when they lost to NYG during their perfect season.

Spygate and Deflategate were bullshit that nobody takes seriously and neither had to do with a Superbowl. The Tuck Rule? First off, it was a rule (albeit a dumb one) that had been called on the Patriots themselves earlier that season. And only asswipe Raider fans blame the Pats for a fucking referees call. Pete Carrol's call was only "stupid" because it was intercepted. Saying the Falcons blew the game might be the only thing you mentioned that could actually hold water, depending on who you talk to. 28-3 lead by the end of the 3rd quarter? On paper it looks like they blew it but watching the game, you saw the Patriots explode into action in a way rarely ever seen. Brady went Super Saiyan God Mode and solidified his spot as the best Quarterback to ever play the game.

Spygate and Deflategate were bullshit that nobody takes seriously and neither had to do with a Superbowl. The Tuck Rule? First off, it was a rule (albeit a dumb one) that had been called on the Patriots themselves earlier that season. And only asswipe Raider fans blame the Pats for a fucking referees call. Pete Carrol's call was only "stupid" because it was intercepted. Saying the Falcons blew the game might be the only thing you mentioned that could actually hold water, depending on who you talk to. 28-3 lead by the end of the 3rd quarter? On paper it looks like they blew it but watching the game, you saw the Patriots explode into action in a way rarely ever seen. Brady went Super Saiyan God Mode and solidified his spot as the best Quarterback to ever play the game.

The Patriots scandals are largely bullshit (in the sense that they determined a Patriots win in any case) and I really don't think there is any credible way to really minimize Brady's accomplishments, but that was shit playcalling by Pete Carroll.

Last edited:
John Elway is better than Tom Brady. Too much goofball shit around the Patriots Super Bowls too warrant Tommy being the best.
If I had to create a team from scratch and pick a QB as my first pick, I wouldn't pick Brady.
Elway, Marino, Manning, and Montana I'd take over Brady.
lol...

no disrespect to elway, marino, montana, graham, whoever else you want to throw out. But the debate over who the best qb is of all time is over. Sorry its Brady and its not close anymore

no disrespect to elway, marino, montana, graham, whoever else you want to throw out. But the debate over who the best qb is of all time is over. Sorry its Brady and its not close anymore

Pretty much. Peak can be debated, but not overall greatness. I say that as someone who really doesn't care for Brady.

Pretty much. Peak can be debated, but not overall greatness. I say that as someone who really doesn't care for Brady.
same. Im a raider fan who had to sit through the Tuck Rule game.... And even i still will admit it

This. Those 25 unanswered points didn't mean shit. I'm not even a big NFL fan and live in PA. I just know genuine greatness when I see it in Brady & the Pats.

So we're glorifying his money persona that led to the best not fighting the best? Doesn't seem consistent with being a fan of the sport.

Everything that you just stated is true. PBF shouldn't necessarily be glorified either but he's gone and Money aka TBE is still alive and now 40. We don't get a choice in this one.

In a boxing fight, Conor McGregor has very little chance of defeating Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It is completely irrelevant how old or how young Floyd Mayweather Jr. is.

Last edited:
One of the best that ever did it, the best fighter of my generation, and now he's officially half the age of Seano. Time flies. Our legends of the ring are getting old quick! We gotta remember to respek them while the're still around.

Now we post Testaments to Floyd's Greatness:

2F7473D100000578-3363911-The_38_year_old-a-40_1450351307861.jpg

1412936333223_wps_4_floydmayweatherI_m_spendi.jpg
Happy BDay Floyd

Being the greatest quarter back ever is great and everything but only one or two countries care about American Football so I find it hard to consider them amongst the greatest sportsmen of all time. Maybe that's a tad unfair but it's surely easier to be an elite or ATG in a talent pool of thousands say compared to being the best football (soccer) player of all time.

@slimpickenz84
Brady having 5 rings doesn't just make him better than Montana who has 4 rings, never lost a super bowl and never threw an interception in a Super Bowl.
This is like the whose the greatest boxer ever argument. Are we going off head to head or off resume and legacy?
If we're talking pure skill than I would love to see you explain to me how Brady is better than Elway, Marino, Montana and Manning.
Better arm? Better accuracy? Quicker release? Can he read defenses better than them? Is his feet quicker? Is he good in the pocket as well as out.
Your argument is that he won 5 rings.
Robert Horry won 7 NBA rings. No one thinks he's better than Michael Jordan who has 6.

Floyd is opening a strip club I hear

@slimpickenz84
Brady having 5 rings doesn't just make him better than Montana who has 4 rings, never lost a super bowl and never threw an interception in a Super Bowl.
This is like the whose the greatest boxer ever argument. Are we going off head to head or off resume and legacy?
If we're talking pure skill than I would love to see you explain to me how Brady is better than Elway, Marino, Montana and Manning.
Better arm? Better accuracy? Quicker release? Can he read defenses better than them? Is his feet quicker? Is he good in the pocket as well as out.
Robert Horry won 7 NBA rings. No one thinks he's better than Michael Jordan who has 6.

Yeah. There's obviously more to judging greatness than just winning N Super Bowls with that many championship rings. How good is the QB at running the ball? Success & overall composure in the pocket when under pressure, as you mentioned. How good is their arm, their quality of short to long distance passing, number of interceptions during their respective Super Bowls, field vision (reading the other team's defensive strategy), field IQ, spatial awareness (gauging distance), foot speed, agility, and general athleticism of each QB, ball release speed, precision of their passing, timing, leadership, and so on. There's a lot of the same stuff that we judge in boxing and combat sports that applies, many factors to take into account in judging how "great" a QB is overall.

Brady didn't run the 40 very fast but I've seen slower. Here are his official NFL combine stats when he was drafted back in 2000. http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Tom&l=Brady&i=4732

I grew up watching the QB's you named and enjoyed watching them. However, Brady imo is on another level. If he wins a sixth Super Bowl with the Pats, and I do believe he has one left in him, then this discussion can still be had but it's going to be much harder for the rest of the pack to even be considered.

Last edited:
Yeah. There's obviously more to judging greatness than just winning N Super Bowls with that many championship rings. How good is the QB at running the ball? Success & overall composure in the pocket when under pressure, as you mentioned. How good is their arm, their quality of short to long distance passing, number of interceptions during their respective Super Bowls, field vision (reading the other team's defensive strategy), field IQ, spatial awareness (gauging distance), foot speed, agility, and general athleticism of each QB, ball release speed, precision of their passing, timing, leadership, and so on. There's a lot of the same stuff that we judge in boxing and combat sports that applies, many factors to take into account in judging how "great" a QB is overall.

Brady didn't run the 40 very fast but I've seen slower. Here are his official NFL combine stats when he was drafted back in 2000. http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Tom&l=Brady&i=4732

I grew up watching the QB's you named and enjoyed watching them. However, Brady imo is on another level. If he wins a sixth Super Bowl with the Pats, and I do believe he has one left in him, then this discussion can still be had but it's going to be much harder for the rest of the pack to even be considered.
If you had to start a franchise from the bottom up, and got the choice of any qb in history, would you choose Brady?
I'd choose Elway. The man went to 3 Super Bowls with dirt as his wide receivers before getting a championship squad and winning 2.
Montana was good but I think him and Bill Walsh were like Brady and Bellicheck. No Bellicheck no Super Bowls.
Marino mightve been purely the best technical quarterback in history but his team's were always so bad he never got a ring. He did at least play in one though.

@slimpickenz84

Brady's 5 rings to Montana's 4, isn't the only reason he's a better quarterback. His stats, regular season and post season, blow Montana out of the water. 5-2 > 4-0 in Super Bowls, and theres no arguing that.

Now is Brady more athletic than prime Marino, Manning, or Rodgers? Probably not. But this and the whole "rings doesn't count towards legacy" argument is only for people trying to make a case for Brady not being the greatest. Brady's never been the fastest or most athletic quarterback. But he's no slouch in either category either. His snap to release is under 2 seconds and the guy can put the ball anywhere he wants to, especially under pressure.

I know everybody is blowing Aaron Rodgers nowadays because he's the best "thrower of the football" in the NFL right now. But if you're looking for the best, you either consider every stat, or none. Brady has 5 rings, and fuck yes that counts. He doesn't need to be the fastest or the most accurate. Brady is the definition of a clutch quarterback. He is the greatest. Down 28-3 with 2 minutes left in the third quarter of the fucking Super Bowl would've sank the heart of any other quarterback and their team. Even Rodgers. Brady eats that type of shit up no problem. He showed why he's the best ever. All time, Brees has yardage and Peyton has touchdowns. Brady could eclipse that. Or he might not. But when it matters, the post season especially, Brady is the greatest to ever play the game. There isn't even a close second.

If you had to start a franchise from the bottom up, and got the choice of any qb in history, would you choose Brady?
I'd choose Elway. The man went to 3 Super Bowls with dirt as his wide receivers before getting a championship squad and winning 2.
Montana was good but I think him and Bill Walsh were like Brady and Bellicheck. No Bellicheck no Super Bowls.
Marino mightve been purely the best technical quarterback in history but his team's were always so bad he never got a ring. He did at least play in one though.

If I had the luxury of hindsight then I'd choose the guy that got my team to the Super Bowl and won it the most times. You make some good points though. I grew up watching Montana, Marino and Elway. The Pats aren't even my team per se but they're an adopted one after the Steelers then the Eagles. I'll also root for the Browns, even the Bengals since I live in North Western PA. I'll support the North-East Coast teams on this map whether they're one of my favorite teams or not, just not the Ravens.

east-coast-usa-map.jpg

Last edited:
Back