Floyd turned 40 today.

So hey did you know Floyd's 40 years old now?

Being the greatest quarter back ever is great and everything but only one or two countries care about American Football so I find it hard to consider them amongst the greatest sportsmen of all time. Maybe that's a tad unfair but it's surely easier to be an elite or ATG in a talent pool of thousands say compared to being the best football (soccer) player of all time.

I made the same argument myself many months ago. But, American football is the most popular sport in continental North America. It's by far the most popular national sport in the US. American pro football (the NFL) beats every other sport out there in popularity. The Super Bowl is the most watched live sporting event in North America and nothing else comes close. If you want to air a commercial during halftime then it'll cost you like a half million to a million per whatever small slice in a time slot that is, I forget. Companies spend millions to air their commercial once during halftime and, with the Super Bowl, they go all out in production and halftime shows.

I agree with you about soccer and the whole international vs national argument. As I said, I've talked about it before. In the US nothing beats professional football and even collegiate football is wildly popular and a top 3/5 sport. That's just how it goes. Olympic Games & World Championships gold medals & trophies are international and the most prestigious awards you can win, in that order. They just don't mean as much to sports fans despite their markedly increased difficulty to win. We also get one Super Bowl a year and don't have to wait 2 (WC's) or 4 (OG's) years like in Olympic-style amateur boxing's two most prominent international competitions.

Last edited:
John Elway is better than Tom Brady. Too much goofball shit around the Patriots Super Bowls too warrant Tommy being the best.
If I had to create a team from scratch and pick a QB as my first pick, I wouldn't pick Brady.
Elway, Marino, Manning, and Montana I'd take over Brady.
Can you name 4 players from the Patriots Super Bowl rosters besides Brady? 4 All-Pro and/or future HOF'ers, can you?

Montana is kind of easy: Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott. That was a stacked team for long time, way above the level of players Brady has had to win with year in year out.

Elway: Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, Bill Romanowski, Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith (all of them All-Pros, with 4 going to or in the HOF) Household names.

Marino: Mark Clayton and Mark Duper, Tony Nathan, Jackie Shipp

Manning: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Adam Vinatieri

All of the above mentioned QBs had All Pros and Pro-Bowlers all over their rosters on both sides of the ball. Household names at the time.
All of the receivers mentioned were light years better than the crew Brady has had for his Super Bowl wins

Julian Edelman didnt even make the Pro-Bowl this year yet hes considered the best receiver on the team.
Based on what Brady had to work with as a team and still win the most SBs in history, can't be denied. Its one thing when you can drive and come back down 25 with Rice, Taylor, Craig and Clark....It's another thing when you do it with Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola and Martellus Bennett. Respect the greatness!

If you had to start a franchise from the bottom up, and got the choice of any qb in history, would you choose Brady?
I'd choose Elway. The man went to 3 Super Bowls with dirt as his wide receivers before getting a championship squad and winning 2.
Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery and Shannon Sharp were hardly dirt, theyre better than what Brady has. Dont forget Terrel Davis was setting rushing records or leading the league. Elway didn't have to rely on his Wrs so much.
Montana was good but I think him and Bill Walsh were like Brady and Bellicheck. No Bellicheck no Super Bowls.
Marino mightve been purely the best technical quarterback in history but his team's were always so bad he never got a ring. He did at least play in one though.
No Walsh no Super Bowls, No Shannahan no Super Bowls, No Dungy no Super Bowls, No Shula No Super Bowl appearance...Come on man they're all Hall of Fame Coaches.

Sure some of the other guys may have had better physical attributes than Brady but with the better talent they had across the board they couldn't win more than Brady has. It's ok to be a fan of the other guys, but they havent accomplished what Brady did, AND with much less talent on paper.

Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery and Shannon Sharp were hardly dirt, theyre better than what Brady has. Dont forget Terrel Davis was setting rushing records or leading the league. Elway didn't have to rely on his Wrs so much.

No Walsh no Super Bowls, No Shannahan no Super Bowls, No Dungy no Super Bowls, No Shula No Super Bowl appearance...Come on man they're all Hall of Fame Coaches.

Sure some of the other guys may have had better physical attributes than Brady but with the better talent they had across the board they couldn't win more than Brady has. It's ok to be a fan of the other guys, but they havent accomplished what Brady did, AND with much less talent on paper.
I was talking about the first 3 Elway lost when he had a shit squad. He won the last 2 with those guys.

I was talking about the first 3 Elway lost when he had a shit squad. He won the last 2 with those guys.
My point exactly...Even the great John Elway needed those guys to win. What has Brady had? Go ahead, please name 4 or 5 HOF calibre players that Tom Brady won his Super Bowls with. Or how bout just All-Pros. You can combine all 5 wins and maybe Gronk will be a shoe in HOF'er. Tom Brady did more with much less.

Oh "TBE TBE!!!", dont wait too long if you come back.

My point exactly...Even the great John Elway needed those guys to win. What has Brady had? Go ahead, please name 4 or 5 HOF calibre players that Tom Brady won his Super Bowls with. Or how bout just All-Pros. You can combine all 5 wins and maybe Gronk will be a shoe in HOF'er. Tom Brady did more with much less.

How long do you think Brady's got left in the game? The analyst "experts" on ESPN's First Take like Bayless and co. think another 2 or 3 years where he'll clinch one more championship before retiring. Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45. He lives for football and his wife wants him to retire. I'm thinking 2 more years but no more than that. If he can win another then he'll tie MJ for 6 championships. Jordan is my favorite fellow American athlete of all time and I watched him perform both three-peats. The Dream Team going to the Olympics and blowing the competition out to claim gold will always be remembered. Jordan has two Olympic gold medals, one as a collegiate player in '84 (despite 14 countries boycotting with the former Soviet Union) & one as a pro in '92 with the Dream Team. He also won the Pan Ams as a collegiate player.

Anyway, that'd be a hell of a feat if Brady could win 6 NFL championships like Jordan did in the NBA.

Last edited:
How long do you think Brady's got left in the game? The analyst "experts" on ESPN's First Take like Bayless and co. think another 2 or 3 years where he'll clinch one more championship before retiring. Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45. He lives for football and his wife wants him to retire. I'm thinking 2 more years but no more than that. If he can win another then he'll tie MJ for 6 championships. Jordan is my favorite fellow American athlete of all time and I watched him perform both three-peats. The Dream Team going to the Olympics and blowing the competition out to claim gold will always be remembered. Jordan has two Olympic gold medals, one as a collegiate player in '84 (despite 14 countries boycotting with the former Soviet Union) & one as a pro in '92 with the Dream Team. He also won the Pan Ams as a collegiate player.

Anyway, that'd be a hell of a feat if Brady could win 6 NFL championships like Jordan did in the NBA.
That would be crazy a 6th. Winning a Super Bowl is not easy and without a stacked team of all pros, Im not sure they can make another run. But if anyone is gonna do it, this would be the guy. I could see Brady surprising everyone and retiring after next season.

That would be crazy a 6th. Winning a Super Bowl is not easy and without a stacked team of all pros, Im not sure they can make another run. But if anyone is gonna do it, this would be the guy. I could see Brady surprising everyone and retiring after next season.

Yeah, very true. I was watching the Oscars last night and it turns out there was yet another mix-up.

Love him or hate him, he was a true great and his longevity was incredible.

I made the same argument myself many months ago. But, American football is the most popular sport in continental North America. It's by far the most popular national sport in the US. American pro football (the NFL) beats every other sport out there in popularity. The Super Bowl is the most watched live sporting event in North America and nothing else comes close. If you want to air a commercial during halftime then it'll cost you like a half million to a million per whatever small slice in a time slot that is, I forget. Companies spend millions to air their commercial once during halftime and, with the Super Bowl, they go all out in production and halftime shows.

I agree with you about soccer and the whole international vs national argument. As I said, I've talked about it before. In the US nothing beats professional football and even collegiate football is wildly popular and a top 3/5 sport. That's just how it goes. Olympic Games & World Championships gold medals & trophies are international and the most prestigious awards you can win, in that order. They just don't mean as much to sports fans despite their markedly increased difficulty to win. We also get one Super Bowl a year and don't have to wait 2 (WC's) or 4 (OG's) years like in Olympic-style amateur boxing's two most prominent international competitions.
Outside the US it isnt even called football. The only folk who like it are geeks that cant get in other sports teams. It's also boring as shit to watch, it's just an advertising delivery product. Rugby for padded up lycra fairies who cant play for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Outside the US it isnt even called football. The only folk who like it are geeks that cant get in other sports teams. It's also boring as shit to watch, it's just an advertising delivery product. Rugby for padded up lycra fairies who cant play for more than 30 seconds at a time.
Spoken like a true bloke thats never tried it.
Strap em up one day and see how many 30 second plays you can last. Its hand down the 1st or 2nd most violent team sport on earth, (Hockey would be the other). Thats why they wear so much protection, and still they get seriously injured. Fairies? Guaranteed if you can play American Football you can play a LOT of other sports.
Dont talk about something you have no knowledge of.

Im just as big a fan of (Soccer, Footbal, Futbol, Futebol, Calcio), or whatever someone wants to call it and equally respect the physical demands of it. Sports are different, and everybody has their preferences. But American Football is hardly the sport youd be wanting to call soft, just watch a practice one day, educate yourself before you talk about it.

We know that. Call it American Football for all I care. Nobody is saying it's an international sport. It has roots in Rugby if you did your homework. It descended from Rugby before the NFL was even formed here in the US. American football here collegiately & through the NFL is by far the most popular sport. It's the most popular sport on the North American continent, not just the US.

Take some hits in American Football and you'll change your tune quickly. Concussions are a serious issue in the NFL. In 2015 a major motion picture starring Will Smith aptly named "Concussion" was released. They're carted off the field often due to injuries that range in severity. The athletes are some of the best in the world and they're scouted based on their ability. Their performance is measured and constantly assessed and reassessed. Look at the NFL combine link I posted. A geek can't bench 225 pounds for multiple reps or run a 40 that fast.

According to your sig you're a very experienced Judoka that would know how to break your fall when being thrown. NFL players' padding and helmets don't help them much if any when they're getting steamrolled by rival large athletic men that intend to put a hurting on them. American Football is a full contact sport, not table tennis.

Last edited:

Elway wouldn't have one of his SBs without TD and Favre would have 2 instead of 1.

We know that. Call it American Football for all I care. Nobody is saying it's an international sport. It has roots in Rugby if you did your homework. It descended from Rugby before the NFL was even formed here in the US. American football here collegiately & through the NFL is by far the most popular sport. It's the most popular sport on the North American continent, not just the US.

Take some hits in American Football and you'll change your tune quickly. Concussions are a serious issue in the NFL. In 2015 a major motion picture starring Will Smith aptly named "Concussion" was released. They're carted off the field often due to injuries that range in severity. The athletes are some of the best in the world and they're scouted based on their ability. Their performance is measured and constantly assessed and reassessed. Look at the NFL combine link I posted. A geek can't bench 225 pounds for multiple reps or run a 40 that fast.

According to your sig you're a very experienced Judoka that would know how to break your fall when being thrown. NFL players' padding and helmets don't help them much if any when they're getting steamrolled by rival large athletic men that intend to put a hurting on them. American Football is a full contact sport, not table tennis.

And this is all from just one guy. HE KNOCKED OUT his own fucking brother in law.

no disrespect to elway, marino, montana, graham, whoever else you want to throw out. But the debate over who the best qb is of all time is over. Sorry its Brady and its not close anymore
This is my bias but I'd probably personally pick A-Rod over Brady. Mostly for the mobility in the pocket aspect.

Going down in history Brady is GOAT don't get me wrong. But given the speed of defenses and such I'd probably if they were both in the draft in 2017, I'd pick A-Rod.

This is my bias but I'd probably personally pick A-Rod over Brady. Mostly for the mobility in the pocket aspect.

Going down in history Brady is GOAT don't get me wrong. But given the speed of defenses and such I'd probably if they were both in the draft in 2017, I'd pick A-Rod.
I think if we had a draft again today not knowing anything about the guys other than their combine stats and college accolades, Brady would still be a 12th QB picked...lol..kind of silly to think you wouldn't take him if you knew that he would take you to 7 Super Bowls and Aaron Rodgers wouldn't.....Nobody is arguing that physically there aren't better options. But its undeniable that Tom Brady has some intangibles that we cant quantify on paper that have made him more successful. We could say the Packers have a very similar personnel as the Pats. Maybe a part of the equation is the consistency of the coaching staff vs the changes A-Rod has had to play through. Its been a perfect storm for the Pats and you have to give management the credit for that.

And this is all from just one guy. HE KNOCKED OUT his own fucking brother in law

Oh this is a great example!!!
Would you believe he only played Quarterback in High School...lol? His school (Torrey Pines) was in our league and I saw him every year. He never played defense cause he was a top qb prospect they didnt want to get hurt.
I think he was a Top 5 QB in the State and #1 Baseball Pitcher in the State too (California). So much for that theory of football players being "fairy nerds that couldnt make it in other sports"....A guy who played half of his football life at the softest position on the field (minus the kicker), ends up being one of the fiercest hitters in the history of the NFL...lol

Back