Floyd on fighting MMA: "I'm not a f***in degenerate"

I hope this little dude head kicks the shit out of Floyd. Conor had too much to lose. These Asian organization would probably give him a bonus for doing it

Floyd is the master of self promotion. He says shit like this to get his name out in the media and on forums so people start talking about him and mention his latest project, which I guess is his Japan exhibition.

Cliffs: I know boxing is beginner level and I'd get my ass kicked outside of these pampered rules. I'm scared I might actually cry from a leg kick.

club_banger_soirtgjfpotisdhgjpfitoghjpdfitoghjpigyofdhjdfpgoixhjgfyh-png.483953
This is some AV worthy shit

Can't really hate on Floyd for this, he's got little to gain and almost everything to lose. He's actually doing these MMA guys a favor by giving them attention and taking these fights.

On McGregor and Nurmagomedov still talking about him
“I’m the face of just combat sports period. Whether it’s boxing or MMA, I’m the face of it all. … I’m not even worried about those guys. Conor McGregor, he already know what happened with that. Khabib running his mouth. He wants to get in there, I’ll take care of him, too.”

On a potential fight vs. Nurmagomedov
“If it happens, it happens. If it don’t, I’m still going to have a great life.”

On fighting MMA with special rules
“Everything is always on my times. I’m the A-side always. I’m not going to fight in an MMA ring. If I do fight in a MMA ring, boxing only. Everything is my rules, it’s my way. I worked hard to put myself in the position that I call all the shots, simple and plain. He may be a kickboxer, but he got to abide by my rules, simple and plain. And if he raises his feet, it’s in the contract, I get some more money.”

On fighting pure MMA
“I’m not a (expletive) degenerate. I’m not going into nobody else’s cage and do what they do. I would’ve did that from the beginning. I’m a boxer. Floyd Mayweather is a boxer. And if anybody wants to compete against me or fight against me, it’s in the cage. Simple and plain.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/floyd...-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-rizin-exhbition

I legit think Artem Lobov would agree to do stand-up only against him, and I hope Rizin makes it happen. “Revenge for Conor” angle is there, 50-0 vs Lobov’s 0.500 record, it’s all fives and zeroes baby, roll with it.

Granted, many MMA dudes would want a piece if Floyd Floydovich, but few (except maybe for Cody “ShitJustGotReal.gif” McKenzie) would be as awesome as Artem.

I'm surprised not too many people on here are pissed about Floyd speaking the simple truth.

Floyd is correct in stating that he's at a position in his career where he can call the shots. However if he cared for his legacy more than his care for money then he should have dedicated the time and effort to learn a bit about MMA and visit someone on their own turf to prove how great he really is.

Full blown MMA might be a bit of a stretch but a kickboxing competition is entirely possible, with Floyd implementing a modified rules set I totally believe a kickboxing match with head kicks taken out would be optimal and still competitive. Floyd just isn't open to actually challenging himself anymore, he only wants to take money fights that he believes he can win.

What he's doing now really doesn't prove anything other than Floyd can beat MMA fighters at boxing which should have been obvious from the beginning, he's just taking an easy pile of money.

I’m pretty sure boxing has more criminals and crackheads (lookin’ at joo Floyd’s family) than mma by far. By pretty much any metric.

At least in Murica, the vast majority of Po’ boi degenerates can’t afford BJJ classes. <{1-2}>

I legit think Artem Lobov would agree to do stand-up only against him, and I hope Rizin makes it happen. “Revenge for Conor” angle is there, 50-0 vs Lobov’s 0.500 record, it’s all fives and zeroes baby, roll with it.

Granted, many MMA dudes would want a piece if Floyd Floydovich, but few (except maybe for Cody “ShitJustGotReal.gif” McKenzie) would be as awesome as Artem.
Artem would agree to any rules fight with Floyd. Would be his biggest posible payday. But Floyd would be like whoo the fook?

Why does Floyd need to fight at all anymore? What more is there to prove and what more is there to gain?
He’s fighting an extremely undersized opponent in what’s basically amateurish exhibition type format for probably a few million dollars. Why not. Like he says, people keep caving to his claims so it’s very easy for him to take fights.

He’s done the hard work don’t get me wrong. I don’t follow boxing but I imagine fights with GGG and rematching a now-experienced winning Canelo would be better fights

On McGregor and Nurmagomedov still talking about him
“I’m the face of just combat sports period. Whether it’s boxing or MMA, I’m the face of it all. … I’m not even worried about those guys. Conor McGregor, he already know what happened with that. Khabib running his mouth. He wants to get in there, I’ll take care of him, too.”

On a potential fight vs. Nurmagomedov
“If it happens, it happens. If it don’t, I’m still going to have a great life.”

On fighting MMA with special rules
“Everything is always on my times. I’m the A-side always. I’m not going to fight in an MMA ring. If I do fight in a MMA ring, boxing only. Everything is my rules, it’s my way. I worked hard to put myself in the position that I call all the shots, simple and plain. He may be a kickboxer, but he got to abide by my rules, simple and plain. And if he raises his feet, it’s in the contract, I get some more money.”

On fighting pure MMA
“I’m not a (expletive) degenerate. I’m not going into nobody else’s cage and do what they do. I would’ve did that from the beginning. I’m a boxer. Floyd Mayweather is a boxer. And if anybody wants to compete against me or fight against me, it’s in the cage. Simple and plain.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/floyd...-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-rizin-exhbition
He's not wrong. Floyd has enough money and drawing power to always fight on his terms and ignore all other challengers, it's as simple as that.
<Fedor23>

Why does Floyd need to fight at all anymore? What more is there to prove and what more is there to gain?
Can you imagine an ego like that just slipping into a cosy retirement!? He needs people speaking his name

Floyd does what he wants - including triggering MMA fans.

Go back to wrestlemania or whatever the hell you came from, Lloyd.

Agree actually. He's got nothing to prove, he's just being active to stay current.

Back