Floyd Mayweather: Terence Crawford is hands down #1 P4P

If Loma beats one of Berchelt, Easter, Linares or Flanagan while they're still riding high, then he'll probably be my number 1.

Last edited:
Homochenko's fucking hilarious. However here's a hot take, the fans should note that the more exotic fighter is actually Bud, b/c he's a black dude from Nebraska. For foreigners who aren't familiar with the States, that's like seeing a black dude from Warsaw. Exotic af.

Also I am not a hugger of either Bud or Homochenko, I been staying glued to Matthysse's nuts, but they are both super cool. And they seem to have no empathy.

Like if I killed a guy, I could call either of them and they'd help me hide the body and wouldn't snitch under the worst of pressure in the interrogation room. But they're smart, too. Like Kobe minus the rape stuff.

It's either Crawford or GGG, with Loma as #3 and then Mikey and Srisaket. I edge it to Terence, but not by a lot.

Depending on how things play out, we could have the #1 P4P slot in hot contention for a while. The Srisaket/JFE winner will have a strong claim for #1 too, particularly if the performance is impressive.
After rewatching Sri/Chocolatito again, I'm leaning more towards Sri in the Estrada matchup. I want Estrada to come through, but that dude ran through Roman last time out. JFE is going to have a hard night ahead of him.

Crawford.

You could've fooled me based on the standards you put on Loma.

You said :
If Loma beats Berchelt, Easter, Linares or Flanagan while they're still riding high, then he'll probably be my number 1.
So, he basically has to beat 4 champions in two different weight classes, and he MIGHT be your no.1 P4P?

If I read that and knew nothing about Crawford's resume, I would assume this guy would have to be the next coming of Sugar Ray Robinson.

Who did Crawford beat? Julius Indongo, Postol, Gamboa ... are those guys better than Rigo, GRJ and Walters?

Is his resume so good that he should have a significant gap between him and the no.2?

Has he beaten any fighter ranked in the P4P list?

I just don't think Crawford's resume is good enough to place him as the unanimous P4P fighter.

It's going to be that kind of fanbase for Lomachenko. How long until somebody coins a rude name for his fans? With the number of "Loma is GOAT" type of threads, I don't think it'll take long for people to get tired of it. My guess is Homochenkos.

Haha. I like Lomachenko. I also like Floyd. But it is pretty obvious he is uncomfortable with retirement and being out of the spotlight.

There is no clear P4P #1 right now. These are the latest major list updates.

The RING
1) GGG
2) Crawford
3) Loma

TBRB
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

ESPN
1) Loma
2) GGG
3) Crawford

BWAA
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

BoxRec (computerized)
1) Canelo
2) Loma
3) GGG

Most of them seem to be MMA fans coming from the heavies, as well; Rogan saying that he had reinvented boxing or whatever nonsense he spouted likely has something to do with that. It happens to any really talented fighter who starts getting close to breaking through as a star, though, so it's to be expected. Homochenkos might get some traction.

A lot of weird racists sprinkled in there. Now that they don't have Conor to cheer on. I just don't get why they're attracted towards boxing anyways, just do your own thing.

The RING
1) GGG
2) Crawford
3) Loma

TBRB
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

ESPN
1) Loma
2) GGG
3) Crawford

BWAA
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

BoxRec (computerized)
1) Canelo
2) Loma
3) GGG
I don’t think should be a unanimous top 3 but I see why.

It's between Crawford and Loma. I think Loma is more skilled but I get the argument for Crawford. With a few more solid names on his record Loma will be the undeniable #1 tho.

That said Floyd has a know bias for...ya know.

P4P is such a lame concept -- only the "little guys" care about that vague/vapid title.

both Lomachenko and Crawford are extremely boring to watch. You know what's important to promoters and TV networks? Who is the most entertaining fighter and the answer to that my friends is 1) GGG 2) Canelo 3) Kovalev

The RING
1) GGG
2) Crawford
3) Loma

TBRB
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

ESPN
1) Loma
2) GGG
3) Crawford

BWAA
1) Crawford
2) Loma
3) GGG

BoxRec (computerized)
1) Canelo
2) Loma
3) GGG

It's speculative, so hard to argue with any of them, IMO. I think Loma made a statement Saturday night, but I think he still has more to prove to be the clear #1, and again, not sure there is always a "clear" #1. Depends on the era and people can make good points for more than one right now with Ward retired.

It's speculative, so hard to argue with any of them, IMO. I think Loma made a statement Saturday night, but I think he still has more to prove to be the clear #1, and again, not sure there is always a "clear" #1. Depends on the era and people can make good points for more than one right now with Ward retired.

That's what I mean, it's pretty wide open. I could make a case for Crawford, GGG and Loma. Floyd said "hands down" as in it's clear. It's not.

Taking some of their best wins:
GGG (Jacobs, Lemieux, Brook, Geale, Murray)
Crawford (Postol, Indongo, Gamboa, Beltran, Burns)
Lomachenko (Rigondeaux, Walters, Russell Jr., Martinez, Sosa)
Canelo (Cotto, Trout, Lara, Chavez Jr., Old Mosley)

I think Lomachenko has beaten the best fighters in the most impressive fashion.

Back