Floyd Mayweather: MTV Cribs

I cant believe I cant see this because I don't live in the states....Bullsh*t!!!!

Boxing has as much propoganda as politics and the whole "fighting through adversity" excuses are very much a part of that propoganda. The whole idea that "it's reported if it happens." is naive. There is plenty of stuff that happens that is never covered and plenty of stuff that is covered that never happened. And that doesn't even take into consideration the half-truths and misleading info that is purposely "leaked" by a fighter's camp. Yes Floyd has hand troubles but there are maybe 4 or 5 people including Floyd and his doctor that really know what the extent of those troubles are from day to day or from fight to fight. I guarantee that you, I, and the reporters following Floyd know nothing more than Floyd wants us to know.

The odds makers follow boxers like hawks. Example, DLH vs. Chavez 1. Chavez denied reports that he ahd been cut in training until after the fight. He was being watched and it was reported. That happens with all big boxers. Yes, some things slip through, but a casted hand would not.

I watched the end - what an idiot. I hate him more now than I did, and that's hard to do. pbf just reinforced a lot of stereotypes.

I wonder how much money Floyd really has... He was making less than 8 million before he fought Oscar. There is no way he is as rich as he poses to be.

Well a 12,000 sq ft house in Vegas on a relatively small plot of land goes for 7-8 million dollars. I figure he can afford that.

Yes, some things slip through, but a casted hand would not.

Not all breaks require casts per se.

Ive never seen a hand break that didnt.

On top of that, people are watching Mayweather. If he's not going to the gym, they want to know why. Boxing reporters and oddsmakers are just as cut throat as the paparazi...

and on top of all that, Mayweather has always been one to report that he just fought under adversity. He wants people to know that he's so great that he could win with one hand.

Not every hand break requires a cast, ask any physician.

Mayweather's hand was OBVIOUSLY hurt against Baldomir as he didn't use it for 4 rounds and ran like a burnt dog so bad people got up and left, and when the mic was in his face did he declare to the World that he fought through adversity? No.

But hey, believe whatever you like.

I dont believe he was running because his hand was hurt. He was running because he didnt think he could hurt the man and he didnt want to take any risks because the big DLH fight was looming.

Ive never seen a hand break that didnt.

On top of that, people are watching Mayweather. If he's not going to the gym, they want to know why. Boxing reporters and oddsmakers are just as cut throat as the paparazi...

and on top of all that, Mayweather has always been one to report that he just fought under adversity. He wants people to know that he's so great that he could win with one hand.

There is just a certain way that things are done in boxing that you obviously don't understand.

Neither do you.

Look oddsmakers gather information on every aspect of an upcoming fight, football game, etc. They gather every ounce of info they can about the players/fighters to gain an edge on the betters. On top of that, gamblers do the same. On top of that, boxing sites are trying to get an edge on the competition by providing the stories first.

Now take all that, then consider the fact that PBF is quite fond of telling anybody that will listen that he was hurt.

What, exactly, am I missing here?

Dude, you are missing the common sense that allows you to separate fact from fiction. A world class gym that is home to champion boxers is a much different environment than Hollywood. Yes, there are oddsmakers and such that are always trying to get inside information, but that doesn't mean they actually have a clue as to what is going on. I sincerely dare you to travel down to Floyd's gym and interrupt his training with some Investigative Reports shit.

And not Mayweather Boxing Club either. Come down to Top Rank, where there's always a "Gym Closed" sign on the door, and notes up prohibiting cameras.

Dude, you are missing the common sense that allows you to separate fact from fiction. A world class gym that is home to champion boxers is a much different environment than Hollywood. Yes, there are oddsmakers and such that are always trying to get inside information, but that doesn't mean they actually have a clue as to what is going on. I sincerely dare you to travel down to Floyd's gym and interrupt his training with some Investigative Reports shit.

Come on man... The gym is just one place where info is gathered on fighters. People watch the hospitals, clubs, even the burger joints to gather info on fighters.
The truth is that Floyd hurts his hand a lot, but it's just pain or he would go to the hospital, stop going to the gym, likely be wearing a cast, probably be scheduled for surgery, and he would personally send copies of his x-rays ala Roy Jones to anybody that doubted his toughness.

Back