Floyd Mayweather: MTV Cribs

Floyd broke a hand as recently as the Baldomir fight, because that's what it took to keep Baldo off of him.

The last time I read anything about Floyd actually breaking a hand was his bout with Carlos Hernandez. If he broke it against Baldo, I don't recall any of the news sites reporting it.

Well other peopled mentioned how he still has hand trouble, but that shit still stays in your mind, and makes you think about how it risks your career everytime you throw hard. Plus the power needed to take top level guys out is what fucks up his hands, not hitting bags. And yeah Ali backed his shit up which is why people loved him, although they hated him at first from being all brash and cocky. People always wanted to see the cocky black champ lose. Floyd does his cocky shit for attention because people will never love him due to his style. My point is he does the same talking as Ali, but because he only boxes and doesn't brawl people don't like him. But its still an act to get noticed. Ali is considered the greatest for his out of ring shit as much as his in ring shit. If Floyd just kept his mouth shut boxing circle guys might like him more but I guarantee you most people would still have no idea who Floyd Mayweather is.

Good post, but I disagree with the last line. Look how nice Meldrick Taylor was. People loved him and he had a lower ko ratio than PBF.

Also, Pernell Whitaker is very beloved by his fan base

Im growing on Floyd. Used to hate him because of the Oscar fight. Anyone have the Roy Jones Jr. Cribs

That one was annoying too..lol.. I loved watching Roy fight in his prime, but damn I cant stand to hear him talk.

Watch his fight with Emmanuel Burton/Augustus. That was the first Mayweather fight I saw and it was his test out fight at 135 before he made a permanent jump in weight. Floyd can fight when he wants to (barring injuries).

That was a great fight. PBF's voice cracked when he was told he had a little blood in his nose. Like he was about to cry but caught himself, but he manned up. Thats how I know he's got more than he's willing to give to the fans that made him. I know damn well he can ko most the guys he fights. I think he could have done a hell of a lot more damage to DLH as well. He just wasnt willing to take the risks necessary to get it done.

The last time I read anything about Floyd actually breaking a hand was his bout with Carlos Hernandez. If he broke it against Baldo, I don't recall any of the news sites reporting it.

Just because the news sites didn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Floyd and Roger are actually "gasp" very cordial in person. All around nice guys. Like KK said earlier, get a camera around Floyd and he is a totally different person.
When I was at PBF's training camp, Mario Lopez came to interview him for his little sports show or what not, and Lopez was tellin him how he trains at wild card with freddie and how Roach is the best on the focus pads blah blah blah and Floyd didnt say much. Then the cameras come on and Folyd and Roger are working the focus mitts (WITH BOTH OF THEIR EYES CLOSED)and Mayweather looks to Mario and then to the camera, smiles, and says, "Whats Freddie got on this"? Mario couldnt say shit. Funny stuff right there.

I wonder how much money Floyd really has... He was making less than 8 million before he fought Oscar. There is no way he is as rich as he poses to be.

Well, i think he will have enough. But he is never as good as business man like Oscar.

How much money has Oscar?

Just because the news sites didn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It's reported if it happens. That goes for every big fighter. They are all being watched like a hawk

It's reported if it happens. That goes for every big fighter. They are all being watched like a hawk

lol Your naivety is adorable.

There are many, many things that by tradition are hidden, or not spoken about when outsiders such as members of the media are around. Guaranteed, the only individuals that are aware of Floyd's true physical condition are only the innermost members of his camp. Anything that is shown or discussed with the media or visitors is done so with careful consideration and purpose.

First is onto something, and it has to do with the nature of Journalism. People need to remember that reporters are not INVESTIGATIVE reporters. They print what they hear, or what's told to them by someone. They don't go searching for truth the way people seem to think they do generally nowadays, that's not their job. That's why there's a difference between a reporter and an Investigative Reporter. The latter would talk to Floyd's physician, his Uncle, and dig until the truth is known. Normal reporters report, and are onto the next story.

Hear that? he it's raymond noodles (as he pronounces it) and he dont speak japanese and hes on the cover. PBF is a baller hate it or love it.

There are many, many things that by tradition are hidden, or not spoken about when outsiders such as members of the media are around. Guaranteed, the only individuals that are aware of Floyd's true physical condition are only the innermost members of his camp. Anything that is shown or discussed with the media or visitors is done so with careful consideration and purpose.

True..until after the fight..then it has become common place to report that you fought through adversity. Example: Roy Jones vs. David Telesco. Example Shannon Briggs vs Imbragimov. Example Winky Wright vs. Sam Soliman. Floyd's no exception. He complains about his hands often and when he can back it up, he does.

You've been posting good stuff anytime I see you around here. Try to post more often man.

True..until after the fight..then it has become common place to report that you fought through adversity. Example: Roy Jones vs. David Telesco. Example Shannon Briggs vs Imbragimov. Example Winky Wright vs. Sam Soliman. Floyd's no exception. He complains about his hands often and when he can back it up, he does.

Boxing has as much propoganda as politics and the whole "fighting through adversity" excuses are very much a part of that propoganda. The whole idea that "it's reported if it happens." is naive. There is plenty of stuff that happens that is never covered and plenty of stuff that is covered that never happened. And that doesn't even take into consideration the half-truths and misleading info that is purposely "leaked" by a fighter's camp. Yes Floyd has hand troubles but there are maybe 4 or 5 people including Floyd and his doctor that really know what the extent of those troubles are from day to day or from fight to fight. I guarantee that you, I, and the reporters following Floyd know nothing more than Floyd wants us to know.

I would also love to see Mayweather man up and take on the challenge from Sean the Juiced shark Sherk.

Back