Floyd Mayweather: MTV Cribs

"I don`t even speak japanese and i`m on the cover" that was pretty funny.

I hate people who tell other people how to act. Plus you aren't the best fighter on Earth.

Who cares how good I am as a fighter. His daddy put him in the gym from the time he wore diapers and he came out a damn fine fighter with an extremely weak personality. Roy Jones suffered the same upbringing, but at least he tried to ko people when he said he was going to.

Who cares how good I am as a fighter. His daddy put him in the gym from the time he wore diapers and he came out a damn fine fighter with an extremely weak personality. Roy Jones suffered the same upbringing, but at least he tried to ko people when he said he was going to.

Wow, he hasn't KOed someone in 3 fights, thats the crime of the century. He was trying to KO Judah till the low-blow mob scene in the ring. He wasn't able to KO DLH, guess what? Nobody but Bernard Hopkins has been able to, and Baldomir is a tough mother fucker. You call his personality weak, how often do you hang out with Floyd? Oh thats right never. Do you say anything with credence?

Wow, he hasn't KOed someone in 3 fights, thats the crime of the century. He was trying to KO Judah till the low-blow mob scene in the ring. He wasn't able to KO DLH, guess what? Nobody but Bernard Hopkins has been able to, and Baldomir is a tough mother fucker. You call his personality weak, how often do you hang out with Floyd? Oh thats right never. Do you say anything with credence?

It's not that he hasnt ko'd anybody. It's that I know he has the ability. He knows he has the ability. He says he is going to. Then he lays back and throws 30-40 punches a round content with the decision. If he wasn't like "you can wave the white flag or go out on your back" before every fight, it wouldnt be such a big deal, but the fact that he promotes fights one way and then gives us a glorified sparring session is what burns me.

His personality is obviously weak. DO you think people with strong personalities have to rely on the villain role? Do you think people with strong personalities have to walk around with 500,000 dollar rings (price tag hanging) and 15 gs of money to "make it rain"? Come on man. Sugar Ray Leonard had a strong personality. He didnt have to throw money at cameras to distract people away from the fact that he had no personality. That's why he got endorsement deal after endorsement deal and was a household name. Floyd has all the skill in the world and the million dollar dollar smile. The only reason that he's not as big as Sugar Ray was in because of his personality flaws.

It's not that he hasnt ko'd anybody. It's that I know he has the ability. He knows he has the ability. He says he is going to. Then he lays back and throws 30-40 punches a round content with the decision. If he wasn't like "you can wave the white flag or go out on your back" before every fight, it wouldnt be such a big deal, but the fact that he promotes fights one way and then gives us a glorified sparring session is what burns me.

His personality is obviously weak. DO you think people with strong personalities have to rely on the villain role? Do you think people with strong personalities have to walk around with 500,000 dollar rings (price tag hanging) and 15 gs of money to "make it rain"? Come on man. Sugar Ray Leonard had a strong personality. He didnt have to throw money at cameras to distract people away from the fact that he had no personality. That's why he got endorsement deal after endorsement deal and was a household name. Floyd has all the skill in the world and the million dollar dollar smile. The only reason that he's not as big as Sugar Ray was in because of his personality flaws.

An old business practice. People would rather pay to see a villain get beaten up, than to see someone they like fight someone they don't have any preference or bias against. Its not about personality, and its not obviously weak. He's obviously an intelligent business man, because he knows people want to pay to see some loudmouth get shut up, and thats a bigger draw than just paying to see someone they like. By creating this villain persona straight out of professional wrestling, he's guaranteed himself strong market value and drawing ability. You know why people paid to see Wresltlemania? To see Roddy Piper get beat up. You know why people pay for Mayweather fights? To see him get beat up, and until he does people will keep on paying and hoping the next guy is the one to do it.

An old business practice. People would rather pay to see a villain get beaten up, than to see someone they like fight someone they don't have any preference or bias against. Its not about personality, and its not obviously weak. He's obviously an intelligent business man, because he knows people want to pay to see some loudmouth get shut up, and thats a bigger draw than just paying to see someone they like. By creating this villain persona straight out of professional wrestling, he's guaranteed himself strong market value and drawing ability. You know why people paid to see Wresltlemania? To see Roddy Piper get beat up. You know why people pay for Mayweather fights? To see him get beat up, and until he does people will keep on paying and hoping the next guy is the one to do it.

I agree with you...finally!

However, I believe PBF would have been much more successful marketing himself as the good guy like SRL did. Million dollar smiles sell tickets. Lets take DLH for example. Yes, he has a very shady history and all his former trainers thought he was an asshole, but when the cameras come on he is polite and respectful to sport. As a result, he can fight anybody in the world and the fight will sell. PBF on the other hands needs a dance partner that can draw to make the villain strategy work because people don't want to see him display his skills. They just want to cross their fingers and hope he gets caught.

I'd give all my money to speak a minute with him..

Move to Vegas.

I'd do the same, I'd absolutely love to hear Floyd tell me how he's the greatest fighter ever in person, it would be soooo much better than just hearing it on TV all the time.

I'd do the same, I'd absolutely love to hear Floyd tell me how he's the greatest fighter ever in person, it would be soooo much better than just hearing it on TV all the time.

My boy Diego can attest to this. When he met Floyd in person and said to Floyd "yeah I'm trying to make it in the Fight Game, too."

Floyd's immediate response:

"Oh I do that in my sleep."

My boy Diego can attest to this. When he met Floyd in person and said to Floyd "yeah I'm trying to make it in the Fight Game, too."

Floyd's immediate response:

"Oh I do that in my sleep."

That sounds about right. Still, it's pretty damn funny.

He wasn't being a prick, he was making a joke.

He lives in Spanish Trails, right by where Corrales passed.

No shit, you know Shane lives right behind where I work, too.

He can't go for KOs because of his hands. Since his fighting style because of his hands is not fan friendly he matches that with a not fan friendly act to sell better. The fighters that are loved are exciting in the ring in terms of brawling and knockouts. Ali did the whole trash talk better than everyone shit too, but no one now talks about that being a problem.

Anybody find a place us canadians can watch this?

He did this during the De La Hoya Mayweather 24/7....He has a lot of expensive cars that he does not know shit about, and his friend only knows how to say stuff like 24" in wheels. Floyd is still a dumbass even with all the money in the world.

haha, Floyd being Floyd, hes cocky but hes funny at the same time, what a character.
oh and....damn his house is fantastic.

He can't go for KOs because of his hands. Since his fighting style because of his hands is not fan friendly he matches that with a not fan friendly act to sell better. The fighters that are loved are exciting in the ring in terms of brawling and knockouts. Ali did the whole trash talk better than everyone shit too, but no one now talks about that being a problem.

1) Mayweathers hand problems are long gone. He throws 8000 punches a day in practice. My hands shake badly for hours after only 1/4th of that. You cant tell me he has bad hands if he throws that many. I think when he was younger he was throwing punches wrong and hurting his hands, but now he's corrected that. He sure turned it up and got Chop chop out of there. He just had to put himself in harms way to do it. .. which leads me to Ali

2) Ali talked a whole bunch of mess, but he also put himself in harms way to try to best his opponent without the assistance of the judges. When you watch Ali, you come away knowing that he thought he was the better man regardless of where the fight went. You dont see that with PBF. He's just too cautious.. which wouldnt be a prob like I said... but you cant talk like sonny liston and fight like Willie Pep and expect people to buy your gimic.

Back