Floyd Mayweather: MTV Cribs

2) Ali talked a whole bunch of mess, but he also put himself in harms way to try to best his opponent without the assistance of the judges.

Yep, and nothing illustrates your point better than the first round of Ali/Young, when Ali did next to nothing but cover up, threw but three or four punches, landed none, yet Young still couldn't win the round on two of the judges scorecards.

Yep, and nothing illustrates your point better than the first round of Ali/Young, when Ali did next to nothing but cover up, threw but three or four punches, landed none, yet Young still couldn't win the round on two of the judges scorecards.

That was 1976. They had been calling Ali washed up since 73 when he lost to Norton. I'm talking about a prime Ali and I'm talking about a prime Maywether. You will never in your life see Mayweather take the risks to back up his talk the way Ali did. I dont think anyone on the planet would disagree with me on that.

That was 1976.

Yeah, it was, and because I tend to think so little of Ali's second reign for a number of reasons, I tend to speak out on it and probably more than I should.

An earlier version of Ali, whether it be from the 60's or early 70's, is certainly somebody I can respect a great deal.

Cracky, Mayweather will always have hand problems. The higher up in weight you go, the more you have to commit to your punches, meaning you have to put even more power into them. However when you do that against bodies you're naturally much smaller than, it has a very bad effect on your hands, and most of the time they'll break in said situations if you commit to KO a guy with every power punch you throw. His hand problems will always be there.

I can honestly say hes the greatest BOXER in my lifetime. P4P the best in the world and him and Hatton are going to make some serious money on this one fight reported 15 million per fighter. Plus PBF is not a dumb man im sure he invests his money wisely into everything he can. you dont become the greatest boxer in the world p4p without being smart.

Cracky, Mayweather will always have hand problems. The higher up in weight you go, the more you have to commit to your punches, meaning you have to put even more power into them. However when you do that against bodies you're naturally much smaller than, it has a very bad effect on your hands, and most of the time they'll break in said situations if you commit to KO a guy with every power punch you throw. His hand problems will always be there.

Like I siad, PBF used to throw his punches a lot more loosely and I'm certain that contributed to his hand problems. He has much better conrtoll over his punches now. A lot of speedy fighters have hand problems. More so than the most powerful guys. They have hand problems because they start their punches with unclinched fists and sometimes fail to properly clinch it before it hits the target.

I find Floyd extremely cocky

but that doesnt change the fact that he is funny as well

Like I siad, PBF used to throw his punches a lot more loosely and I'm certain that contributed to his hand problems. He has much better conrtoll over his punches now. A lot of speedy fighters have hand problems. More so than the most powerful guys. They have hand problems because they start their punches with unclinched fists and sometimes fail to properly clinch it before it hits the target.

Floyd broke a hand as recently as the Baldomir fight, because that's what it took to keep Baldo off of him.

1) Mayweathers hand problems are long gone. He throws 8000 punches a day in practice. My hands shake badly for hours after only 1/4th of that. You cant tell me he has bad hands if he throws that many. I think when he was younger he was throwing punches wrong and hurting his hands, but now he's corrected that. He sure turned it up and got Chop chop out of there. He just had to put himself in harms way to do it. .. which leads me to Ali

2) Ali talked a whole bunch of mess, but he also put himself in harms way to try to best his opponent without the assistance of the judges. When you watch Ali, you come away knowing that he thought he was the better man regardless of where the fight went. You dont see that with PBF. He's just too cautious.. which wouldnt be a prob like I said... but you cant talk like sonny liston and fight like Willie Pep and expect people to buy your gimic.

Well other peopled mentioned how he still has hand trouble, but that shit still stays in your mind, and makes you think about how it risks your career everytime you throw hard. Plus the power needed to take top level guys out is what fucks up his hands, not hitting bags. And yeah Ali backed his shit up which is why people loved him, although they hated him at first from being all brash and cocky. People always wanted to see the cocky black champ lose. Floyd does his cocky shit for attention because people will never love him due to his style. My point is he does the same talking as Ali, but because he only boxes and doesn't brawl people don't like him. But its still an act to get noticed. Ali is considered the greatest for his out of ring shit as much as his in ring shit. If Floyd just kept his mouth shut boxing circle guys might like him more but I guarantee you most people would still have no idea who Floyd Mayweather is.

which is why he commits his mouth to prefight hype ,THEN he commits to his running shoes come fight time .

Im growing on Floyd. Used to hate him because of the Oscar fight. Anyone have the Roy Jones Jr. Cribs

which is why he commits his mouth to prefight hype ,THEN he commits to his running shoes come fight time .

Yeah. You've never seen him fight. Or at least thats what I'll assume so you don't look totally clueless as to boxing.

Im growing on Floyd. Used to hate him because of the Oscar fight. Anyone have the Roy Jones Jr. Cribs

I'd also like to see the RJJ cribs.

Anyway, that episode of Floyd on cribs is pretty funny. The jewelry and closet....damn.

im just sayin he was gonna do all this and all that to DLH(KOing him out , giving him a beating etc etc blah blah blah) making a total ass of himself during all the prefight press conferences and then fought by throwing qtip like punches all night . im just stating what he said and sold me a ppv , yup my fault(which will never happen again).i didnt mean to hurt your feelings. id rather see a FIGHT (marquez/vasqez barrera/morales) than tap and run boxing as floyds 147lb boxing clinics and up .cept destroying gatti .

Watch his fight with Emmanuel Burton/Augustus. That was the first Mayweather fight I saw and it was his test out fight at 135 before he made a permanent jump in weight. Floyd can fight when he wants to (barring injuries).

Back