Floyd Mayweather "I'll Go After Conor" Vows Not to Fight His Defensive Style Fans are Accustomed to

Floyd will toy with him and stop him if he really chooses to push for it. It wont even be competitive after the first 3 rounds. You can hope whatever you want im just telling you whats going to happen.

How do you interpret the Paulie sparring then? I am new to boxing but have watched MMA for a long time. Initially when the boxing community talked about the levels of skill that boxers come to over time I was totally on board and convinced. But many of those people predicted Connor to have no chance with Paulie. I dont know what happened for sure with their sparring but it sounds like it was competitive. I thought that was not supposed to happen at all. The boxing community made it sound like Paulie would absolutely outclass Connor. I dont believe that happened.

These are real questions and points I want addressed not arguments.

He will shoulder roll all day, and point fight. General public will be in for a surprise

How do you interpret the Paulie sparring then? I am new to boxing but have watched MMA for a long time. Initially when the boxing community talked about the levels of skill that boxers come to over time I was totally on board and convinced. But many of those people predicted Connor to have no chance with Paulie. I dont know what happened for sure with their sparring but it sounds like it was competitive. I thought that was not supposed to happen at all. The boxing community made it sound like Paulie would absolutely outclass Connor. I dont believe that happened.

These are real questions and points I want addressed not arguments.
Paulie was fat, out of shape and retired and still went 12 rounds while jetlagged and gave some serious work to conor. Thats not supposed to happen if you are supposed to be some killer like conor portrays himself as.

If you throw a fat out of shape paulie in with a guy like errol spence paulie would get stopped in the sparring session. Conor went 12 hard rounds with him while in almost peak shape that is not a good sign at all. Not only that conor was really trying hurt him too lol

mayweather-im.-5.gif

FewSlowFinnishspitz-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif

Offensive Floyd is no joke
You think 20's Floyd is showing up? Lmao

Paulie was fat, out of shape and retired and still went 12 rounds while jetlagged and gave some serious work to conor. Thats not supposed to happen if you are supposed to be some killer like conor portrays himself as.

If you throw a fat out of shape paulie in with a guy like errol spence paulie would get stopped in the sparring session. Conor went 12 hard rounds with him while in almost peak shape that is not a good sign at all. Not only that conor was really trying hurt him too lol

I hear that and accept it however it IS interesting that Connor was competitive with Paulie even though Paulie is supposed to be levels and levels above Connor. I am just saying Connor is doing better than anyone in the boxing community has predicted.

I hear that and accept it however it IS interesting that Connor was competitive with Paulie even though Paulie is supposed to be levels and levels above Connor. I am just saying Connor is doing better than anyone in the boxing community has predicted.
And to be fair Paulie is most likely full of shit

Awaiting the credible unbiased opinion of Conor fans who've watched 2 MMA fights and have never watched a full boxing match and have only seen Mayweather in YouTube videos...

<{anton}>

He says this before every fight. He'll go in and do his usual thing.

I don't think Floyd will even need to. Conor will come aggressive leaving easy openings for Floyd who will most likely Put him away .

This. I have the think that Conor and his team have come up with little traps or strategies. Might not work. But having two or three backup plans like that is necessary.

Plan A: throw in the towel

He showed up a bit for Canelo, Hatton, and Maidana. Not the same as Pretty Boy but he had his moments where he walked them down and sat down on his combos.

This. In his fight against Canelo he was there going toe to toe with him. He wasn't running or being overly defensive.

Some of the Conor nut huggers clamining Floyd just runs and is overly defensive should go watch that fight. And I'm not even a fan of Floyd.

Floyd will toy with him and stop him if he really chooses to push for it. It wont even be competitive after the first 3 rounds. You can hope whatever you want im just telling you whats going to happen.
And I'm telling you he's 40. Never be shocked when a guy falls apart at 40 in combat sports.

This. In his fight against Canelo he was there going toe to toe with him. He wasn't running or being overly defensive.

Some of the Conor nut huggers clamining Floyd just runs and is overly defensive should go watch that fight. And I'm not even a fan of Floyd.
pretty sure conor did plenty of running and turning his back against nate , which is illegal in boxing so if he tries that LOL

I believe him

The only reason why Floyd fights defensive is because he fights world class elite boxers

Conor is a far cry from a world class elite boxer. Floyd will be able to do whatever he wants to Conor including stopping him within 6
Let's bet on it. Sig bet. If Floyd stops him within 6, you win. Otherwise I win.

good to hear Mayweather has altered his strategy to rushing across the ring to knock out the counter striker, good job strategists

He was already walking down Ortiz by round 2 and was likely going to stop him one way or another (Ortiz mentally folded before taking his full beating). Against Cotto he showed plenty of offense, as well (he threw around 700 punches in that fight, nearly 200 more than Cotto). Hell, he walked down Mosley for most of their fight. He has fought more defensively against some of his opposition, but it's not that hard to pick out performances where he put out plenty of offense. People talk about him as if he was an exaggerated version of Erislandy Lara when that's really never been the case.
I think the Guerrero fight is the most similar to this one, and it's wasn't a cakewalk for Mayweather.

Last edited:
I don't think MMA fans fully realized how ridiculous Aldo looks in that GIF from a boxing perspective. Top MMA fighters regularly run face-first into punches in the most comical ways.

Back