Floyd Mayweather "I'll Go After Conor" Vows Not to Fight His Defensive Style Fans are Accustomed to

I don't think MMA fans fully realized how ridiculous Aldo looks in that GIF from a boxing perspective. Top MMA fighters regularly run face-first into punches in the most comical ways.

That's true, the same way boxing fans don't fully realize how much better at movement MMA fighters are.

I mean seriously, look at this pro boxer and his movement here. Is standing still in the pocket and weaving slightly called technique? I suppose so. Conor will move in and out like a normal sized penis in a large vagina.
$

Look at how a pro mover does it. Boxers look stuck in the mud in comparison.
200.gif

He could ve selling wolf tickets, he might do it and ko conor, but at the end of the day hes setting himself up for failure.

That's true, the same way boxing fans don't fully realize how much better at movement MMA fighters are.

I mean seriously, look at this pro boxer and his movement here. Is standing still in the pocket and weaving slightly called technique? I suppose so. Conor will move in and out like a normal sized penis in a large vagina.

Look at how a pro mover does it. Boxers look stuck in the mud in comparison.

It is actually impossible to tell the difference between a trolling MMA fan and an honest one, because they all say equally stupid stuff.

I don't think MMA fans fully realized how ridiculous Aldo looks in that GIF from a boxing perspective. Top MMA fighters regularly run face-first into punches in the most comical ways.

yea, high level boxers would never run face-first into punches

oh wait

sunleaf-web-george-sunleafweb-lamberis-chicago-evanston-youtube_v0bjjaqdhpg.gif

yea, high level boxers would never run face-first into punches

oh wait

sunleaf-web-george-sunleafweb-lamberis-chicago-evanston-youtube_v0bjjaqdhpg.gif

That was after 10 rounds where Hatton was already taking a beating and knew he had to go for broke. He tries to shift to land a big shot but Floyd see's it coming and delivers the check hook. You cannot compare the striking skills on display here with those displayed by Stipe and Fab (or any other MMA fighters). The gulf in class is light years apart.

I think the Guerrero fight is the most similar to this one, and it's wasn't a cakewalk for Mayweather.

It kind of was. That fight wasn't remotely close and he gave Guerrero a half-decent beating, as well. Guerrero was also a very well established boxer with decent skill, great cardio, a bit of infighting ability, and very good durability. Basically, they're not particularly similar.

Boxing not striking. Don't ever forget who would win in a real fight. Conor has the balls to cross over unlike floyd.
Bullshit. Connor is grabbing a payday higher than he would ever get in MMA. Nothing to do with balls. It has to do with tens of missions of dollars.

Are you being serious?
Stylistically, which fight of Mayweather's was more similar? Guerrero is the only bigger, awkward southpaw Mayweather has fought in the past decade.

I just rewatched the first 5 rounds a few days ago. Mayweather lost some of the early rounds. Officially he only lost 2, but many rounds were very close. Guerrero pressured well and landed pretty well.

It kind of was. That fight wasn't remotely close and he gave Guerrero a half-decent beating, as well. Guerrero was also a very well established boxer with decent skill, great cardio, a bit of infighting ability, and very good durability. Basically, they're not particularly similar.
Although I agree the fight wasn't that close, it also wasn't an easy fight for Floyd like Ortiz, Berto, even Cotto. Guerrero's toughness, size, awkwardness and stance all created some issue for Floyd.

My statement was that Guerrero is the recent Mayweather opponent who is most similar to McGregor. Bigger, longer, awkward southpaw. McGregor is better at the counter left. Guerrero is going to be better in the pocket and on the front foot.

It's hard to tell, right? They say so many strange things with such conviction.
Which of Mayweather's recent opponents were bigger, awkward southpaws?

Have you ever watched that fight? I had Guerrero winning 4 rounds.

Based on what you wrote, it's likely you don't know much about boxing.

Which of Mayweather's recent opponents were bigger, awkward southpaws?

Have you ever watched that fight? I had Guerrero winning 4 rounds.

I agree that Mayweather's most similar fight was the one against Guerrero. I do not remember how I scored that fight, but it was close to a shut-out.

I agree that Mayweather's most similar fight was the one against Guerrero. I do not remember how I scored that fight, but it was close to a shut-out.
Ok, so you are a guy who likes to make snarky comments about fights you don't remember that well.

I scored 4 rounds for Guerrero. Mayweather took over later. My point stands that it wasn't a cakewalk. The style was not as easy for Floyd as Ortiz's style was, for example.

Ok, so you are a guy who likes to make snarky comments about fights you don't remember that well.

I scored 4 rounds for Guerrero. Mayweather took over later. My point stands that it wasn't a cakewalk. The style was not as easy for Floyd as Ortiz's style was, for example.

I remember it fine.

I thought Ortiz gave Floyd a better fight than Guerrero while it lasted actually.

I remember it fine.

I thought Ortiz gave Floyd a better fight than Guerrero while it lasted actually.
Ortiz was getting owned. He resorted to the headbutt because he was breaking mentally.

Ortiz was getting owned. He resorted to the headbutt because he was breaking mentally.

I agree, but he was not doing that bad at all at the beginning of that fight. He was just a mentally weak person which is pretty much the opposite of Robert Guerrero.

Floyd will walk him down and land hard counters and pot shot all night

Lol at the mma only guys thinking being agressive means rushing in like a bull and brawling

Back