Floyd Mayweather "I'll Go After Conor" Vows Not to Fight His Defensive Style Fans are Accustomed to

Lol....and you believe him?

Floyd is staying the fuck away from Conor for AT LEAST the first 5 rounds. Pitter pat BS punches and evasion.

Conor should fake being tired to get him to plant his bitch feet.
Floyd is going to be hitting harder than conor, he will walk him down and make conor get on his bike mark my words lol. Conor is not a threat.

He was already walking down Ortiz by round 2 and was likely going to stop him one way or another (Ortiz mentally folded before taking his full beating). Against Cotto he showed plenty of offense, as well (he threw around 700 punches in that fight, nearly 200 more than Cotto). Hell, he walked down Mosley for most of their fight. He has fought more defensively against some of his opposition, but it's not that hard to pick out performances where he put out plenty of offense. People talk about him as if he was an exaggerated version of Erislandy Lara when that's really never been the case.
Floyd has always been able to adapt and adjust really well. Once he gets comfortable he can put down one hell of a beating on his opponents. He has a great understanding of how to best mix together offense in defense.

Also I forgot that Floyd threw that many punches against Cotto. I need to watch that fight again.

Floyd has always been able to adapt and adjust really well. Once he gets comfortable he can put down one hell of a beating on his opponents. He has a great understanding of how to best mix together offense in defense.

Also I forgot that Floyd threw that many punches against Cotto. I need to watch that fight again.

The Cotto fight was actually quite enjoyable. I don't think Cotto came away with many rounds at the end of the day (three on my card if I remember right), but he definitely pushed Floyd more than he's used to being pushed in that fight. Cotto was competitive throughout and actually forced Floyd to get out of second gear (which he doesn't always like to do). His jab, infighting ability, and ability to do more than one thing well (pressure Floyd back to ropes behind his jab and also move and box Floyd behind the jab at times) brought more out of Floyd than we're used to seeing. If Cotto had better stamina, things could have been a lot closer down the stretch (Floyd pulled away after Cotto's mid fight rally and wasn't miles away from stopping Cotto late in that fight).

The Cotto fight was actually quite enjoyable. I don't think Cotto came away with many rounds at the end of the day (three on my card if I remember right), but he definitely pushed Floyd more than he's used to being pushed in that fight. Cotto was competitive throughout and actually forced Floyd to get out of second gear (which he doesn't always like to do). His jab, infighting ability, and ability to do more than one thing well (pressure Floyd back to ropes behind his jab and also move and box Floyd behind the jab at times) brought more out of Floyd than we're used to seeing. If Cotto had better stamina, things could have been a lot closer down the stretch.
Oh for sure, he was the right type of boxer to put against Floyd. Tough pressure infighters have always been the ones to make Floyd go the extra mile. Personally, I chalked his stamina draining to body shot (which I remember a lot of). When he wants Floyd can be a mean S.O.B and really tear up the body.

Does it matter?

Yes it does

Yep. Before video cameras. That's just a reenactment doofus.

415.gif

Floyd used to be a killer at lighter weight classes. The more weight he went up and the older he's gotten the less power and aggressive he has fought.

He was a beast prior to the 'hand injuries' no doubt...the Gatti fight and Ricky Hatton are classics too but he just hasnt been the same since the hand injuries.

Didn't know he had hand injuries. It's kind of like fedor and cormier. Cormier hasn't shown a lot of striking power since he broke his fist on bigfoots head.

Ahh yes...I remember the turn of the Century.

And he won every fight to this day. I'm new to mma What's conors win streak at? Or his longest winning streak in his career. And because of his self belief won't allow him to lose. That's one of the things they hype about him.
Just wondering about these stats of mmas goat .

He says this every fight. Anyone who pays attention will not be fooled. Floyd will do as he always does, run away and pitter patter punches.

And he won every fight to this day. I'm new to mma What's conors win streak at? Or his longest winning streak in his career. And because of his self belief won't allow him to lose. That's one of the things they hype about him.
Just wondering about these stats of mmas goat .
We are talking real fighting vs boxing here. Huge difference. If floyd fought for real he would not be undefeated.

He knows he suckered Conor into a fight and the guy fell for it

Conor's basically gonna be dead and all his dumb fans will be like "what happened to the law of attraction? Its not working! Oh noes we've been scammed!" :D

You guys see Floyd laughing but you don't realize how hard he works. Think of the hardest day you've worked in your life, so hard that you collapsed, and realize there is a guy out there that works twice as hard - thats Floyd

Glad this fight is this month so these dumbass mma fans can see what world class striking looks like
Boxing not striking. Don't ever forget who would win in a real fight. Conor has the balls to cross over unlike floyd.

Boxing not striking. Don't ever forget who would win in a real fight. Conor has the balls to cross over unlike floyd.

lol there is not a man on the planet who wouldn't take a fight with Mayweather for 100 million. It takes no balls whatsoever.

Back