Floyd mayweather back in the gym

Rematch with Conor? Would be a logical thing to do. Conor with 6 months of training pure boxing beats Floyd. Conor had next to no time to prepare for Floyd last time around, and still won 4 rounds, and only lost cuz he hadn't had the experience of going 12 rounds.

There is a special place in Hell for people who believe this nonsense.

Rematch with Conor? Would be a logical thing to do. Conor with 6 months of training pure boxing beats Floyd. Conor had next to no time to prepare for Floyd last time around, and still won 4 rounds, and only lost cuz he hadn't had the experience of going 12 rounds.
what a joke

Conor could train boxing for 10 more years and he'd get nowhere near Floyd's level

You know what frightens me?

The fact that Maywether toyed with, and sandbagged agains,t McGregor in the first fight it wouldn't surprise me at all if a second fight was booked and FM took a dive to set up a rubbermatch.

When hundreds of millions of dollars are involved people will do anything. And if Floyd knows the eventual outcome will vindicate him while earning him north of 100M...you damn best believe he's do it in a heartbeat.

There's a certain psychopathy of greed that us common men will never understand.

The sad thing is that there are quite a few people on sherdog that think you're being serious, and agree with that.

This is old footage guys, from the McGregor camp. If he would have been posting vids like these the odds would have plummeted lol.

i have never been wowed by a jab in my life till i watched that...

Pac rematch or another Canelo payday?
canelo would demolish floyd at this point. mayweather isn't stupid, he's not fighting anyone anymore. especially not a killer with a grudge like canelo.

time gets us all, there's no shame in that.

im-not-even-oara8c.jpg

This is a thing of beauty.

never saw him hit the bag with that kind of conviction, his hands must feel ok. For those of you with short memories, Ike Quartey might have the best jab ever seen south of the heavyweight division. For some reason, don't know why, but when you think of jabs in history, it's usually guys like Louis, Holmes and Ali who get a mention, the little guys never are named. I've never heard "Duran had a lethal jab" or "Emile Griffith could kayo a man with a jab". Been some good ones though.

Smaller guys with pretty good jabs include Oscar, Pep, Wright, Hearns and Hagler, among others. Kovalev, Loughran and Foster aren't small guys, but their jabs are effective.

Smaller guys with pretty good jabs include Oscar, Pep, Wright, Hearns and Hagler, among others. Kovalev, Loughran and Foster aren't small guys, but their jabs are effective.
absolutely, but for whatever reason, i don't know why, they usually don't get mentioned. It's always Joe Louis, Liston, Ali, Holmes you never or rarely hear people rave about the little guys' jabs. My personal fave was Haglers, it would surprise because his reach was unusually long and it would shake up a man, sugar ray was knocked totally backwards by his jab at times. Also, right jab was often vertical which gave credence to some of Dempseys (and bruce lee's) theories about the vertical punch using more of your body weight.

Jabically speaking GGG deserves a mention for the middleweights too

Sergio had a great jab when he focused on it, as well. Quartey's was a fucking shotgun. I like a strong jab, it's very useful and a simple punch that can be beautiful to watch when it's perfected, which isn't easy despite its simplicity. I think I remember Holmes or somebody talking about Holmes, saying he had like 3 or 4 different types of jabs. Norton actually jabbed pretty damned well against Larry in their fight too, iirc. Actually had Norton taking that when I scored it, I think.

Sergio had a great jab when he focused on it, as well. Quartey's was a fucking shotgun. I like a strong jab, it's very useful and a simple punch that can be beautiful to watch when it's perfected, which isn't easy despite its simplicity. I think I remember Holmes or somebody talking about Holmes, saying he had like 3 or 4 different types of jabs. Norton actually jabbed pretty damned well against Larry in their fight too, iirc. Actually had Norton taking that when I scored it, I think.
norton was a strange case, he outjabbed ali, maybe the only who did when ali was any good.

Back