First confirmed case: 23 ft reticulated python kills and consumes 25 year old adult male human whole

it always boggles my mind when I see people own very large snakes as pets

or even worse when they drape them around their own bodies

no that isn't an affectionate pet, that thing is sizing you up for a meal
lol I think its kind of an implied sexual thing with some dudes.

I do not consider myself an animal expert so I could be wrong but I just don't believe a reptile is mentally capable of showing affection or a legitimate emotional bond with its owner due to their primitive brains. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Have you not seen any of the videos posted that have some people relaxing and enjoying time with their reptiles?
Is it the exact same thing as a mammal or bird, of course not. But they are capable of recognizing and liking/disliking certain people.
Max our tegu certainly will crawl in your lap if he likes you.
ZZ5StSy.jpg

pponF6O.jpg

Have you not seen any of the videos posted that have some people relaxing and enjoying time with their reptiles?
Is it the exact same thing as a mammal or bird, of course not. But they are capable of recognizing and liking/disliking certain people.
ZZ5StSy.jpg

pponF6O.jpg
Would hit......

The lizards pretty cool as well.

They can swallow basically anything, especially a 23 foot motherfucka, but if it's too big it'll likely end up killing them. A snake that large swallowing a full grown Indonesian man (they're usually pretty small) isn't really all that surprising to me. That snake was huge and that guy was likely pretty small like most people over in that part of the world. The only thing that surprises me is that we don't hear more cases like this. Most people are good enough at staying away from such creatures but having so many billions of people in the world, I'd expect more of them would be devoured by a big ass snake.

This dumbass python tried swallowing a gator and ended up exploding lmao

Snake-vs-Alligator-554734.jpg

This dumbass python tried swallowing a gator and ended up exploding lmao

Snake-vs-Alligator-554734.jpg

Lol, this is one of the things that came to my mind when I mentioned how they'll eat basically anything, even if it's too big, and it'll kill them. I remember this pic/story. There was a recent one where a snake (not sure what kind) but it was pretty small, ate some big ass centipede or something like that and it was basically the same size as the snake or bigger and the motherfucker ate its way out of the snakes body or some shit. Either it was that or the thing was too big and it ended up like this snake that blew up from eating that gator.

ZZ5StSy.jpg

pponF6O.jpg

Nice lizard. Tegus are from the monitor family am I correct? Hmm...I guess I stand corrected. I'll draw the line at legged reptiles. I still think snakes couldn't care less who cares for them as long as they're fed.

It seems the more we learn about reptile behaviors the more social they can be. In general if a snake is well fed and used to people it has no reason to be aggressive. Also they enjoy spending time near people because people are warm, other reptiles can seem to form bonds.

Being attracted to heat is pretty different than bonding.

Nice lizard. Tegus are from the monitor family am I correct? Hmm...I guess I stand corrected. I'll draw the line at legged reptiles. I still think snakes couldn't care less who cares for them as long as they're fed.
Tegus while they look like monitors are an example of convergent evolution and aren't remotely related.

im pretty sure ive heard about this happening in the amazons in brazil before

maybe even twice

Pythons aren't found in South American [nature].

It might have been anacondas and the cases might not have been confirmed.

Back