First confirmed case: 23 ft reticulated python kills and consumes 25 year old adult male human whole

A nice interaction between man and animal. I just don't know whether it should be categorized as affinity on the part of the snake rather than having recognized an effort- and risk-free food source. It was certainly touching to see the old man feel such affinity for the snake.

I just don't know if this is really that different, on the snake's part, from those stories you hear about snakes befriending and becoming a big brother to the mouse they were supposed to eat...because they're not hungry for a little while.

This is definitely not the first case of a python eating someone.

On the general subject, my buddy owns one - an albino reticulating python. It's pretty cool. Occasionally he brings it by and it will hang out on the sofa. Eventually, they become unmanagebly large and I've discussed with him the idea of donating it to either a sanctuary or the Academy of Sciences, if they were interested.

This is definitely not the first case of a python eating someone.

On the general subject, my buddy owns one - an albino reticulating python. It's pretty cool. Occasionally he brings it by and it will hang out on the sofa. Eventually, they become unmanagebly large and I've discussed with him the idea of donating it to either a sanctuary or the Academy of Sciences, if they were interested.

Please post another source of a python eating a fully grown adult human.

The thing with reptiles though is do they form real bonds with their owners? A snake, for example, seems to learn to view a given human as neither a threat nor food, so it doesn't get defensive or aggressive around them.
I would guess a lot of snake owners feel like it's a bit more than that. The boa I had as a kid would come and find me. I would open her cage and go watch tv or whatever, and she would always come snuggle up, crawl on me for a bit and go to sleep on me, and she only did that with me despite there being 4 people in the house who were all friendly with her. Of the 5 snakes we had, two had favorite people and the other three didn't seem to care. She also bit the fuck out of me on several occasions, but love is like that.

I would guess a lot of snake owners feel like it's a bit more than that. The boa I had as a kid would come and find me. I would open her cage and go watch tv or whatever, and she would always come snuggle up, crawl on me for a bit and go to sleep on me, and she only did that with me despite there being 4 people in the house who were all friendly with her. Of the 5 snakes we had, two had favorite people and the other three didn't seem to care. She also bit the fuck out of me on several occasions, but love is like that.

So you had a bipolar snake?

You're like the bravest sherdogger ever

Maybe the guy wanted to take autoerotic asphyxiation to new heights...

We need a genetic modified 6ft tall 100pound mongoose.

Please post another source of a python eating a fully grown adult human.

I was a bit overzealous with the "definitely," but while Ive never read anything about it (I don't seek out animal attack "news") I've seen shows on wildlife channels discussing events where such and such owner had owned a python for this many years until one day it finally killed him. Perhaps none of them were fully consumed.

I was a bit overzealous with the "definitely," but while Ive never read anything about it (I don't seek out animal attack "news") I've seen shows on wildlife channels discussing events where such and such owner had owned a python for this many years until one day it finally killed him. Perhaps none of them were fully consumed.

Thanks. I know of pythons consuming small children.

This shocked me a little. I know they are the world's longest snake, but I had no clue they could actually swallow an adult human whole. Small children I know of.

This is the only fully confirmed case of a reticulated python deliberately killing and consuming an adult human as the process of retrieving the body from the python's stomach was documented by pictures and videos taken by witnesses. It happened this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39427458

This will mess with your mind. Snakes helped us evolve into the motherfuckers we are.

Thanks. I know of pythons consuming small children.

Yeah, I've seen various animal attack shows cover this sort of event, and it tends to be the same of two general circumstances. Boatman in the amazon is randomly attacked, or reclusive stoner guy keeps boa in its own room outside of a cage (because it's grown to enormous size). One day he walks in to feed it and wham - adios, reclusive stoner dude.

The thing with reptiles though is do they form real bonds with their owners? A snake, for example, seems to learn to view a given human as neither a threat nor food, so it doesn't get defensive or aggressive around them. But is it feeling any of the things that the other guy listed?

You're the Zookeeper, you tell me.

This story is like 10 months old.

I'm not gonna lie I didn't read the story but why in the fuck would you want to own something that's gonna get that big in the first place. You're never gonna know 100% if it's gonna want to make you into a tasty morsel..Fucking stupid LOL

It wasn't a pet. It was a wild reticulated python.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back