First Concert?

Ozzy on the Bark at the Moon tour with Motley Crue opening in 1984 at the old Summit (now Osteen's fucking Lakewood Church). I was 11 and had gotten into the music big-time once I heard Speak of the Devil and Number of the Beast, begged my parents to let me go lmfao My step-dad and his little brother took me, they weren't into either band before but after Motley Crue played Helter Skelter as an encore, they thought it was cool as hell. During intermission, this really wasted mofo made his way down our aisle, lost his balance as he passed in front of me and rolled about 6 rows down into a pile in a seat - I can still see that as if it was just yesterday. Good times.

@faustian

Kind of off topic, but I remember seeing the cure at the DTE, which is a outdoor venue. The DTE has two stages. A main stage and another on the lawn. Muse were one of the opening acts. They ended up playing under a tent by the parking lot with about 30 or so people watching. While interpol played on the main stage.

My mother took me to this concert:

poster_23_august_1981_courtesy_of_dietmar_raphael_640.jpg

I won't answer because that's one of those secret answer questions. :)

Pantera, Morbid Angel, Soulfly, Nothingface back in 2001

Creed, Jerry Cantrell, 3 Doors Down, American Pearl at the Alpine Valley. I think I was 13 with my older sister. We drank and smoked weed all night. Good times.
Creed with Jimmies Chicken Shack and Finger Eleven was my second concert I think.

Edit: Confirmed 1998

Quiet Riot in '83, they were just getting popular and opened for Yngwie Malmsteen and Iron Maiden! The start of the Metal Health tour, was awesome. I was 13.

Not so much a concert as an impromptu gig, but in around 2003ish, Common, Kanye West (just before dropping College Dropout) and an Unsigned John Legend visited a popular record shop in West End (London) called Deal Real and freestyled for about an hour.

I remember Common wrecking the old Rakim "Paid In Full" beat before introducing Kanye as the next big thing in hip hop. I wasn't really interested in him as I was marking out for Common and I didn't know much about Kanye at the time, but he was actually pretty dope and I instantly became a fan (before he turned into a self-indulgent knob).

Then John Legend started singing over Biggie's "Juicy" beat and everyone went crazy, then jumped on a keyboard and started covering Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder hits.

It was pretty awesome and crazy to look back at it when you consider how big Kanye and Legend are now, pretty chuffed that I got to witness two superstars before they were famous, shame I couldn't immortalise the moment, Camera phones were pretty shitty at the time, doesn't stop me from bringing that moment up every chance I can though, lol.

Deny everything
You're being framed
It's all a set up!

I'm way too honest. Better inspiration would be this song.

Yeah you're right it was 88 and I was 12, this (http://www.metallipromo.com/slay.html) says 1988 and remember buying a white baseball style concert shirt with black arms and my mom bleached it turning the arms brown and ruined it. Wore it once and paid $35 for it which was like $350 to a 12 year old. :mad: Great concert though. I don't think Cinderella performed though.

Damn, that sux. :(

I saw them that year on the headlining tour the preceded the Priest dates. Can't say enough about how much better the small venue was for them. Don't remember Cinderella either. Think we showed up late (thankfully).

Swedish death metal concert

Bands I had never heard of called Mastodon, Ghost and Opeth. I'm not a fan of Metal, but my brother was and he encouraged me to get in the moshpit. I had a blast after that, people were bouncing off of us like dominoes.

The band Ghost had a lead singer dressed as a satanic pope with flames shooting out of a pendulum. His back-up crew were dressed as skeletons.

I still hate death metal, but experiencing it live and drunk was awesome.

Too bad Mastodon was probably in their post-crushing phase. That band touring on Remission and Leviathan was something else.

Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

ZZ Top when Velcro fly came out 85 or 85, then Iron Maiden on Lost somewhere in time tour with Yngwie Malmsteen about the same time. I think The Tubes might have been like 84 though I forget.

Yeah you're right it was 88 and I was 12, this (http://www.metallipromo.com/slay.html) says 1988 and remember buying a white baseball style concert shirt with black arms and my mom bleached it turning the arms brown and ruined it. Wore it once and paid $35 for it which was like $350 to a 12 year old. :mad: Great concert though. I don't think Cinderella performed though.

My parents stopped me from going to the Cinderella concert coz they were being assholes.

Would definitely pay to watch Ghost and Rae do a set of OB4CL and Iron Man tracks.

I saw Wu Tang and Rage against the machine
also saw cypress hill with house of pain and funk doobiest

baked as fuck

So weird that this popped up in results for a random youtube search I just did (Nothing to do with rap or Chamillionaire)

Never heard that before. His best shit was 00-05.

Homestead to da 44 is a great cd.

MichaelJackson Bad tour. I was 11 i think

Ozzy on the Bark at the Moon tour with Motley Crue opening in 1984 at the old Summit (now Osteen's fucking Lakewood Church).

<{walkerwhut}>

Oh man, I didn't know that. Saw a ton of shows there...

The first show i saw was Slapshot at The Rat in Boston in '91. If you mean bigger concerts, then it would be Morrissey in '92.

Ted Nugent / Aerosmith double bill at Rosemont Horizon in 1986.

Yeah, Steven Tyler was still swigging whiskey on stage and doing backflips off the drum riser at that point. I was more of a Nugent fan going in and bought his tour shirt before the show. Aerosmith turned out the better show that night. Great production and they just rocked the hell out. Nuge was no slouch but Aerosmith just tore it up. Of course that was before they started writing a bunch of shitty ballads.

So it must be all downhill from there, right?
LOL, naw. I saw Floyd on the Division Bell tour the next summer at Mile High stadium in Denver. Rage was amazing though. Small venue too. Less than 1,000 people.

LOL, naw. I saw Floyd on the Division Bell tour the next summer at Mile High stadium in Denver. Rage was amazing though. Small venue too. Less than 1,000 people.

I saw Floyd that same tour at BC Place stadium.

Back