First Concert?

Journey during their "Raised on Radio" in 86/87. Randy Jackson was playing bass. Great concert.

Glass Tiger opened up for them. They sucked balls.

A free Everclear concert on a military base when I was 12, it was a lot of fun.

Wasn't it like '88-'89? Slayer was touring on South of Heaven when they did that run of stadium shows opening for Priest.

They did put on a fun show. Saw them the last time in 1992, that was a crazy show with a bunch of fights between punks and skins. Was like mma before mma.

Fun for sure. Lots of songs to sing along with. Last time I caught 'em was with G.B.H. on an anniversary tour I think. Could be mis-remembering that though. Not to much violence the times I saw 'em. First time they opened for 7 Seconds so half the audience was probably girls. :)

Wasn't it like '88-'89? Slayer was touring on South of Heaven when they did that run of stadium shows opening for Priest.

Fun for sure. Lots of songs to sing along with. Last time I caught 'em was with G.B.H. on an anniversary tour I think. Could be mis-remembering that though. Not to much violence the times I saw 'em. First time they opened for 7 Seconds so half the audience was probably girls. :)

Yeah you're right it was 88 and I was 12, this (http://www.metallipromo.com/slay.html) says 1988 and remember buying a white baseball style concert shirt with black arms and my mom bleached it turning the arms brown and ruined it. Wore it once and paid $35 for it which was like $350 to a 12 year old. :mad: Great concert though. I don't think Cinderella performed though.

KMFDM with Human Factors Lab and Army of the Universe.
There are A LOT of hot fucking chicks at industrial concerts btw.

Dis shit brought the house down.

Last edited:
Creed, Jerry Cantrell, 3 Doors Down, American Pearl at the Alpine Valley. I think I was 13 with my older sister. We drank and smoked weed all night. Good times.

Swedish death metal concert

Bands I had never heard of called Mastodon, Ghost and Opeth. I'm not a fan of Metal, but my brother was and he encouraged me to get in the moshpit. I had a blast after that, people were bouncing off of us like dominoes.

The band Ghost had a lead singer dressed as a satanic pope with flames shooting out of a pendulum. His back-up crew were dressed as skeletons.

I still hate death metal, but experiencing it live and drunk was awesome.

first concert was a long, long time ago.
Sabbath opened for Jethro Tull on a college campus in NJ.
we lived in NY but crossed the bridge, heavily stoned, and went to the show.
to see those bands in a small venue like that was memorable to say the least.

saw both bands numerous times in the ensuing years. (along with Zepplin, Doors,
Deep Purple, Allman Bros, BOC, The Who and The Dead.

Not even as embarrassing as the second show I ever saw live.

first concert was a long, long time ago.
Sabbath opened for Jethro Tull on a college campus in NJ.
we lived in NY but crossed the bridge, heavily stoned, and went to the show.
to see those bands in a small venue like that was memorable to say the least.

saw both bands numerous times in the ensuing years. (along with Zepplin, Doors,
Deep Purple, Allman Bros, BOC, The Who and The Dead.

You saw the Doors? Are you over 60 years old?

I saw them before Jimbo died and then I saw them at a free concert in Central Park after he was gone.
Ray tried to do the vocals, and he was actually decent, but it just wasn't the same of course.
they disbanded shortly thereafter.
they did one song written by Jim although manzarek and kreiger are listed as having written it and, listening to it, you can just imagine him singing it.

Nine inch nails during the fragility tour, at the palace of auburn hills in Michigan. Perfect circle opened up for them, which was really cool because I was a big fan of tool

Rush, The Signals tour late '82 or early '83. Got high as all fuck on the second-hand marijuana smoke...

Back