First Concert?

My dad took me to the Christian rock band Newsboys concert when I was in grade 4. There was a spinning drum set, it was pretty cool at the time.

Seen the Newsboys multiple time. Met them once, after a show on their "Take Me to Your Leader" tour. Nice guys. Also, one time when they headlined a festival-type show at the Southern Star Amphitheater at the old Six Flags Astroworld (same tour IIRC, but maybe not was over 20 years ago lol), we were in the front row and earlier in the day and their bassist at the time, Phil Joel, was hanging out with us watching the other bands. Pretty cool.

Journey during their "Raised on Radio" in 86/87. Randy Jackson was playing bass. Great concert.

Glass Tiger opened up for them. They sucked balls.

I was going to go to that show, I lived in Shreveport at the time. Scrimped and save my money for a ticket. Got in my car to go buy one, started it up, turned on the radio. Just at that exact moment, the dj guy says "Journey show just sold out". Turned off my car, and went back inside the house saying, "Fuck!"

True story.

I was going to go to that show, I lived in Shreveport at the time. Scrimped and save my money for a ticket. Got in my car to go buy one, started it up, turned on the radio. Just at that exact moment, the dj guy says "Journey show just sold out". Turned off my car, and went back inside the house saying, "Fuck!"

True story.
Houston....it used to always be in the Summit, then many concerts were in Astroworld in the back, then I guess now it's Woodlands. Never saw Journey, but had floor seats at the Summit for Boston in 87. Good stuff!

Thanks everyone for contributing...this is one of those positive threads of which we need more :)

True story.

I saw that concert in the "old" Charlotte coliseum.

It was a fantastic concert. Got me some stinky pinky for the first time that night. Great times.

When I was like 8, my mom dragged me to a Dion and the Belmonts concert. My first "real" concert was Metallica in '91.

saw the black metal band mayhem here in san francisco at the old club cocodrie back in 97'. it might still be the most intense concert i've been to. they brought out a pig's head at the very last song, and threw it in the crowd. it was a surreal experience. very memorable.

August 2000, i was 18 :)
Festival Ilha do Ermal (Ermal Island) ... Its called island but its actually a peninsula .
A very rural area, with close to zero signs of civilization anywhere near of it. Just how i like it.
ermal_vista.jpg

It was the very 1st festival there...there were no limits, no boundaries, no urban circus .... i could live there.
Watched one of my fav bands, Deftones.
Good times
Sweet mate!

My very first concert that I went to outside of going to shit when I was little was back in 1998. I went to the Nickelodeon festival which had 98 degrees playing and the reason I went I had a major crush on this girl Erica. Thought i could smooch my way into dating her. We did kiss, I got to meet Keenan and Kel who were walking around the venue (Jones Beach Theater). However we never dated and she had no feelings for me outside of being very close friends. She is now my sister in law since my brother married her sister who was his high school sweetheart. Erica is married now and I'm single

I'm just thankful my first concert wasn't Poison. I can only imagine your response :);)

My third or fourth concert was Great White opening for Whitesnake in 1987. Not as terrible as Poison I guess as I went mainly for Whitesnake. Thing is, Great White blew them away that night. When they played "On your knees" the crowd was waaaay into it. They rocked out pretty hard and I remember more of their performance than Whitesnake's.

Last edited:
My very first concert that I went to outside of going to shit when I was little was back in 1998. I went to the Nickelodeon festival which had 98 degrees playing and the reason I went I had a major crush on this girl Erica. Thought i could smooch my way into dating her. We did kiss, I got to meet Keenan and Kel who were walking around the venue (Jones Beach Theater). However we never dated and she had no feelings for me outside of being very close friends. She is now my sister in law since my brother married her sister who was his high school sweetheart. Erica is married now and I'm single

A noble and solid story.

I gave my buddy my Phil Collins ticket in the 80s so that he could take a girl he'd been pining over.

In my first concert I performed.

I'm not into concerts, at least not as part of the audience. I want to do stuff, not watch it being done.

Tricked my parents into letting me go to the Family Values Tour in 1998 with my friend and his older brother. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ice Cube, Rammstein, and my 12 year old dumb ass going nuts. I just remember seeing a lot of tits and belting out every word to Nookie. It was good times.
Me too!!! Except I did not like any of those bands after seeing them live, haha.

Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

Poison at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD on June 13, 1993. Wish I could turn back the clock and live that one over again.

I'm just thankful my first concert wasn't Poison. I can only imagine your response :);)
Lol!! I know pal to each their own I shouldn't knock anyone's musical tastes as mine are the most diverse ever and many are questionable to the general public;) Cheers mate.

Ohh man, i remember my first concert. It was back in 2010 i guess. Before that i was actually a bit ... afraid of big concerts. So it was a Scorpions concert, it was a part of their farewell tour. It was in june 2010. Ohhh man, still remember the feelings and emotions i got in there. I wasn't a rock fan, i went there with my dad, he was a fan of scorpions. However, i enjoyed it so much! After that, i started to attend almost every single concert i could get to. The last one, was a tiny festival, set up by outdoorstages.co.uk. Well, despite it being a small one, the guys made it feel incredible. I liked the atmosphere so much, i felt like i was 14 years old, back in 2010, during the first ever concert i attended.

Last edited:
Back