First Concert?

My first concert was "The Clash" I was 13. I love the band, but unfortunately I have bad memories about the concert, my two friends and I ended getting beaten up by a bunch of bullies from my friends middle school. Security had to call our parents to pick us up. I do not know what was worse, getting beaten up, or the embarrassment of have to leave early and being handed off to our parents by security because we were beaten up.

my first concert was a free drop kick murphys show in boston ...

It was a gig at bar called The Republik in Calgary where I saw Pure and a band from my high school opened for them. This was back in 1992 or 93.

First real concert was Soundgarden at Max Bell Arena in Calgary in 1995. It was awesome. It was general admission on the floor and I was standing at the rail by the speaker. During one song Kim Thayil dropped his guitar and stage dove into the mosh pit then got body surfed back to the stage and kept playing.

There was some guy that came up right beside me and hung his head over the rail and puked all over the floor where security was. He slouched there for a couple of minutes then hopped the rail and onto the stage jumping around till security tackled him. I wiped the puke off the rail for the chick next to me with my shirt. Chris Cornell gave a case of Red Dog beer to a guy who sang Oh Canada on stage.

Good times.

Last edited:
My dad took me to Korn and Rob Zombie in 1997. I was 11 and it's still one of my favorite memories.

behemoth concert,

I was wearing my tie dye shirt,
big mistake

My dad took me to Korn and Rob Zombie in 1997. I was 11 and it's still one of my favorite memories.
Fuck me ! I've seen Korn probably 11 times now, being in Europe and being here now only Rob twice.
Still a Korn fan?

I never went to any as a kid. In fact, iirc the first concert I went to was in 2006 when I was already 22. I saw Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg together. Wasn't that great an experience because I ended up going alone because I didn't have any friends in to hip hop (still don't). Damn my white friends and their "metal" or their "rock".

maxresdefault.jpg

July 7th 1994. My older brother got me and him tickets to Metallica's "Live Shit". Changed my life

The Gigantour with Megadeath in Tucson Arizona

Halford and Testament at the House of Blues on Sunset in the year 2003. Leatherwolf was the supporting act, and they were fucking awesome in their own right. Testament opened with Eerie Inhabitants and Halford came out in his studded leather trenchcoat with Painkiller. I was 14 at the time.

George Jones at the Silver Legacy in Reno. He phoned it in.

First REAL concert was Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down and Powerman 5000 at Candlestick Park. That was a show.

My mom took me to see Ozzy in Oakland in 1981 when I was 2, then took me to see Iron Maiden when I was three.

But I don't remember those, so the first concert I went to as a teenager was Korn at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago in 1995.

My dad took my older sisters to see MC Hammer in '91 and I tagged along. I was 8 years old. Pretty cool.

First gig of my own choosing was '97 warped tour. I was big into Pennywise at the time and met Byron the drummer just wandering around the festival, so that was cool.

well this is going to out me on my age..well i was pretty young tbf, back then...
but my first gig/concert was.....

and it was here....1986
400-521.jpg

Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

Are you talking strictly national acts in large venues or do local bands in club/pub/bars count?

Back