Finally Real Gung Fu

tekkennlee

Hot cars and fast girls
@purple
Reaction score
How to Apply Traditional Techniques: Parry and Palm Strike
This is is how i was taught, But White Crane Gung Fu ,Your thoughts .

Kung Fu Myth Buster: How to Apply Monkey Boxing!!

Kung Fu Myth Buster!! How to Apply Snake Boxing!!

Kung Fu Myth Buster: How to apply Drunken Boxing!!

Shaolin Shoot Takedown Defense

I was taught to drive his head to the ground face first then brake his shoulder and then his fingers, then blind him .

Kung Fu Myth Buster: Chinese Grappling Part 3: War Wrestling Reversals!!

https://youtu.be/oaauw3X_kuc

In White Crane Gung Fu, we blind first then throat, then Groin, then we take you down and brake fingers or legs, arm-bars all. If he cant see you he can defend you, just like in the UFC, when a fighter gets a finger in the eye, notice he is done . He needs time to get his sight back and they dont even try hard to blind them, its allways an accident ,well sometimes .

99% of the time when fighters get kicked in the nuts or eye poked and they go down, it's usually an exaggerated reaction.

Why would they do that? For many reasons.

1. Gets a point taken away from the opponent .

2. You get breather (which is why sometimes fighters choose to continue right away and not take their 5 minute break when they realize the breather works better for their tired/hurt opponent than them.

3. Possible disqualification

4. It really did hurt them quite a bit, and though they haven't lost the ability to fight, they're impaired and they know it happened unfairly so they'll exaggerate to get the reff to step in and give them the well deserved break to get back to 100% to try to fight at their best.

Though these strikes are effective, they're also exaggerated in their ability to end a fight.

Thank God we have a white guy in a hat sharing the secret / authentic Kung Fu that actually works. :rolleyes:

99% of the time when fighters get kicked in the nuts or eye poked and they go down, it's usually an exaggerated reaction.

2. You get breather (which is why sometimes fighters choose to continue right away and not take their 5 minute break when they realize the breather works better for their tired/hurt opponent than them.

4. It really did hurt them quite a bit, and though they haven't lost the ability to fight, they're impaired and they know it happened unfairly so they'll exaggerate to get the reff to step in and give them the well deserved break to get back to 100% to try to fight at their best.

Though these strikes are effective, they're also exaggerated in their ability to end a fight.

I hope you're trolling. A deliberate full force kick to the nuts can definitely end a fight, especially if we're talking out of a sport environment without a cup.

I hope you're trolling. A deliberate full force kick to the nuts can definitely end a fight, especially if we're talking out of a sport environment without a cup.
But dat der PCP / heroin + adrenaline

I have the impression that when people realize that this styles work if drilled and sparred correctly in non-boxing gloves combat, mma Standup game will totally change.

I have the impression that when people realize that this styles work if drilled and sparred correctly in non-boxing gloves combat, mma Standup game will totally change.
If it did work you'd have kung-fu fighters winning the golden belt in Lethwei. Or wait, I forgot.. The techniques are so lethal that they'd rather not use them in competition, right?

Krav maga, kali, jeet kune do, wing chun, and many other styles train with hard kicks to the groin in training. Still you never see the dramatic reaction as you see from MMA fighters

If it did work you'd have kung-fu fighters winning the golden belt in Lethwei. Or wait, I forgot.. The techniques are so lethal that they'd rather not use them in competition, right?

Since when is Lethwei the basis to define what's working or not?
Barely anyone competes in Lethwei apart from the Burmese, a few Thai fighters, and a handful of Western fighters who are crazy enough.

Since when is Lethwei the basis to define what's working or not?
Barely anyone competes in Lethwei apart from the Burmese, a few Thai fighters, and a handful of Western fighters who are crazy enough.
It was only an example of a combat sport with a very lenient ruleset where contestants only use wrapped hands. If kung-fu techniques were so effective when not using gloves, as stated above, the Burmese would surely have adopted kung-fu techniques instead of using western boxing techniques. The simple reason why they went with boxing techniques is that they are more effective at damaging the opponent.

It was only an example of a combat sport with a very lenient ruleset where contestants only use wrapped hands. If kung-fu techniques were so effective when not using gloves, as stated above, the Burmese would surely have adopted kung-fu techniques instead of using western boxing techniques. The simple reason why they went with boxing techniques is that they are more effective at damaging the opponent.

They barely train / use western boxing techniques though. They typically use the techniques from their martial art, Burmese boxing / Lethwei. There are other martial arts which are effective and not really used in Lethwei, so you can't really use that as a basis.

I don't get why a parry or hand fighting is seen as some exotic tactic that isn't common western boxing . I kind of assume most people who are casually interested in martial arts don't watch or practice it.

I know that is the case for Mauy Thai as it is very niche and hasn't gotten proper exposure.

I went to a krav maga class where they actually practiced kicking each other in the balls while wearing cups . They actually made light contact. It sucked. I would not do that again. I get hit there on accident even in BJJ. Same thing with eye pokes, they happen enough on accident in any type of fully contact sparring that you kind of get used to them and learn to avoid them. they also don't take much effort to learn and it is always the least experienced people that poke me.

But something like a heel hook you need to practice and drill if you want to avoid being fucked up.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for years: nothing beats double tiger claw in a real combat situation. Crane techniques are also criminally underrated.

It can... and it can not. It's an attack based on pain. Not on a CNS attack

But dat der PCP / heroin + adrenaline

Joking aside. This is true. In the Marines we have countless cases to look back into all the way from WW2 to Vietnam where even having LITERALLY RIPPED someone's testicles off did not stop them in a life and death situaiton. They had to be strangled and stomped in order to be stopped.

Sure it's effective and I'd go straight for the nuts in a street fight if it's wide open. But to think the guy is going to bend down like a cartoony father in a sitcom is equally stupid.

Some mother fuckers get shot 13 times in the chest and still live and fight back, but kicking the nuts is a sureway of stopping someone? Please.

Totally? No. At most you'll get some different moves being used more often. Did Lyotos Karate kid crane kick totally change the game? Or Barbosas spinning heel kick?

Joking aside. This is true. In the Marines we have countless cases to look back into all the way from WW2 to Vietnam where even having LITERALLY RIPPED someone's testicles off did not stop them in a life and death situaiton. They had to be strangled and stomped in order to be stopped.

Sure it's effective and I'd go straight for the nuts in a street fight if it's wide open. But to think the guy is going to bend down like a cartoony father in a sitcom is equally stupid.

Some mother fuckers get shot 13 times in the chest and still live and fight back, but kicking the nuts is a sureway of stopping someone? Please.
I've read some stories and posts from some LEOs that dealt with big dudes hopped up on drugs + adrenaline, and it was like fighting a zombie + animalistic rage

Then there's stuff like this

You Have been watching to many movies I have been in many fights with guys 250 pounds 5/10 eye jab put him down like a bay fight was over easy . I kicked a guy in ths Groin one time fight was over he didnt get up fight was over. I hit a guy in the throat with a punch fight was over. Shot 13 times and keeps fighting only in the movies. But there are guys tough as hell i kicked a guy so hard in the chest he went into the air flew back hit the ground . Got up and we kept fighting . And If I brake your fingers you cant grab me so you are over . Why dont you think they dont allow you to brake fingers in the UFC . REAL WORLD not movies.

Last edited:
I've read some stories and posts from some LEOs that dealt with big dudes hopped up on drugs + adrenaline, and it was like fighting a zombie + animalistic rage

Then there's stuff like this

LOL they were not even trying to stop him they shoud of shot him 13 times lol. If he was black they would of shot him 50 times REAL TALK.

FWIW, this is a "house of cards" argument and assumes that people who do martial arts that are applicable want to compete. I work in a highly competitive boxing Gym and the number of people who actually want to pursue competing in boxing (in one of the most famous Gyms in the U.S. and the World) is still relatively small compared to the hobbyists who train here.

If you hate Gung Fu, there's plenty of arguments you could make, but this is a shitty one.

Back