Finally Real Gung Fu

FWIW, this is a "house of cards" argument and assumes that people who do martial arts that are applicable want to compete. I work in a highly competitive boxing Gym and the number of people who actually want to pursue competing in boxing (in one of the most famous Gyms in the U.S. and the World) is still relatively small compared to the hobbyists who train here.

If you hate Gung Fu, there's plenty of arguments you could make, but this is a shitty one.
I don't hate it. Practiced it for 5 years. I just find it inferior compared to thaiboxing which I have been doing for 15 years now.

You Have been watching to many movies I have been in many fights with guys 250 pounds 5/10 eye jab put him down like a bay fight was over easy . I kicked a guy in ths Groin one time fight was over he didnt get up fight was over. I hit a guy in the throat with a punch fight was over. Shot 13 times and keeps fighting only in the movies. But there are guys tough as hell i kicked a guy so hard in the chest he went into the air flew back hit the ground . Got up and we kept fighting . And If I brake your fingers you cant grab me so you are over . Why dont you think they dont allow you to brake fingers in the UFC . REAL WORLD not movies.
This you?

As for small joint manipulation, its because of their careers. It'd do no good breaking a fighter's fingers or toes, putting them out of work and training. Breaking them is alot easier than limb submissions

If it did work you'd have kung-fu fighters winning the golden belt in Lethwei. Or wait, I forgot.. The techniques are so lethal that they'd rather not use them in competition, right?

Compations have rules real fights dont have rules, big difference. I am not talking about you kick me i kick you you punch me i punch you . I am talking about you kick me i block you blind you hit vital spots end the fight as fast as possible brake fingers. This takes real timing and training in real fight training not i show you a block a finger jab work on it 5 times slow speed then tell you ok you are ready next lesion . No real training at real speed with real reactions . That other stuff you see is either to many students to train or old school style that is not updated to the times or a poor teacher .
And the guy that just beat BJ penn beat him using TKD i guess that works in the UFC Yair R he is ranked 10 in the UFC a TKD Black belt ,it works if you use it right proper training .

This you?

As for small joint manipulation, its because of their careers. It'd do no good breaking a fighter's fingers or toes, putting them out of work and training. Breaking them is alot easier than limb submissions

I can joke to but we are talking REAL TALK real fighting . I love all the arts what ever works i will learn it use it but people are using Karate that works in a fight and teaching old out dated blocks and over the head punches and punches from the wast that work in the old days , but people dont fight like that anymore . People are learning boxing now . Karate works look at Lyoto M UFC champ but he had to update his style it worked right yes it did. Hell Grace had to update JJ did he not , JUST MY THOUGHTS .

Last edited:
You Have been watching to many movies I have been in many fights with guys 250 pounds 5/10 eye jab put him down like a bay fight was over easy . I kicked a guy in ths Groin one time fight was over he didnt get up fight was over. I hit a guy in the throat with a punch fight was over. Shot 13 times and keeps fighting only in the movies. But there are guys tough as hell i kicked a guy so hard in the chest he went into the air flew back hit the ground . Got up and we kept fighting . And If I brake your fingers you cant grab me so you are over . Why dont you think they dont allow you to brake fingers in the UFC . REAL WORLD not movies.

You are lying, day dreaming, or wishing. Come back to reality. Yes i know its boring. But at least its real..

Wow, people that believe this kung fu garbage actually works is a dumb ass. Good luck trying that on a decent high school wrestler. These kung fooey dorks will get taken down and ground and pound. And what makes them think anyone else doesn't know how to poke eyes and grab nuts? Come on now. Even little kids know how to poke eyes and grab nuts.

If it did work you'd have kung-fu fighters winning the golden belt in Lethwei. Or wait, I forgot.. The techniques are so lethal that they'd rather not use them in competition, right?

I used to think the same, but in that argument you are assuming that all is already discovered and the fighters then only use what works in the cage. The thing is, there's not all discovered on Standup game as we see with recent applications of karate by Connor.

I think as time goes by, mma Standup will discover value in other martial arts to continue its evolution.

Anyone that say their techniques is too dangerous for competition or even sparring, you know it's their way of pussying out of fighting in competition or even just sparring.

How to Apply Traditional Techniques: Parry and Palm Strike
This is is how i was taught, But White Crane Gung Fu ,Your thoughts .

Kung Fu Myth Buster: How to Apply Monkey Boxing!!

Kung Fu Myth Buster!! How to Apply Snake Boxing!!

Kung Fu Myth Buster: How to apply Drunken Boxing!!

Shaolin Shoot Takedown Defense

I was taught to drive his head to the ground face first then brake his shoulder and then his fingers, then blind him .

Kung Fu Myth Buster: Chinese Grappling Part 3: War Wrestling Reversals!!

https://youtu.be/oaauw3X_kuc

In White Crane Gung Fu, we blind first then throat, then Groin, then we take you down and brake fingers or legs, arm-bars all. If he cant see you he can defend you, just like in the UFC, when a fighter gets a finger in the eye, notice he is done . He needs time to get his sight back and they dont even try hard to blind them, its allways an accident ,well sometimes .

Most of this except the last one is just clear the other guys arms, and hit him in the face.

Basically, you dont need to wait for opponent to throw first strike or first multiple strikes. Just get in, put you hand on his arm to neutralize, and eye poke away.

I don't hate it. Practiced it for 5 years. I just find it inferior compared to thaiboxing which I have been doing for 15 years now.

That doesn't effect what I said. You joined an Art that is also a ring Sport. It's going to have streamlined applicability designed for that. Any Art that is not a ring Sport, is not yet a feeder to MMA, isn't an established feeder to any other full-contact competition aren't going to have that feature.

That said, not everyone gets into Martial Arts TO fight. Most people get into them so they can avoid fighting, at the end of the day. This has definitely been capitalized on, especially in the States, but most people don't get into Martial Arts with notions of glory in battle.

Anyone that say their techniques is too dangerous for competition or even sparring, you know it's their way of pussying out of fighting in competition or even just sparring.

I agree 100% Sparring builds timming distance speed angles . How to counter a counter punch, kick or blocks, head movment, foot movement.
I love to spar with other styles . My dad is a golden gloves boxer he taught
me boxing i haved sparred with heavyweights light sparring .

Wow, people that believe this kung fu garbage actually works is a dumb ass. Good luck trying that on a decent high school wrestler. These kung fooey dorks will get taken down and ground and pound. And what makes them think anyone else doesn't know how to poke eyes and grab nuts? Come on now. Even little kids know how to poke eyes and grab nuts.

LOL@ wreslters will ground and pound. I put a HS wrestler in a guillotine choke once after he masterfully shot on me. He bitched about it being an "illegal headlock."

Most of this except the last one is just clear the other guys arms, and hit him in the face.

Basically, you dont need to wait for opponent to throw first strike or first multiple strikes. Just get in, put you hand on his arm to neutralize, and eye poke away.

It docent work that way you will get countered , remember there is always a counter just like in BJJ or JUDO. You have to no the counter to the counter attack , you cant just just grab a arm. Unless you no how to counter the counter thats coming. If you grab my arm i will counter you and blind you
You let the attacker commit himself then use an angle to counter him then if he counters you counter him. Like in BJJ a Arm -Bar has a counter .

It docent work that way you will get countered , remember there is always a counter just like in BJJ or JUDO. You have to no the counter to the counter attack , you cant just just grab a arm. Unless you no how to counter the counter thats coming. If you grab my arm i will counter you and blind you
You let the attacker commit himself then use an angle to counter him then if he counters you counter him. Like in BJJ a Arm -Bar has a counter .

When he counters you can still do what is shown in your vids. But at least this time, you are the one pressing the action, and forcing them to react.

In fact, if you can get to react a certain way if you like too. But still no point in waiting for them to attack for you to use your tech.

LOL@ wreslters will ground and pound. I put a HS wrestler in a guillotine choke once after he masterfully shot on me. He bitched about it being an "illegal headlock."

That's probably a junior high school kid that hasn't even reached puberty yet. LOL!

If that guy know what's up, he'll just move into side control and von flue choke your ass out, and then pound your head into the concrete.

Take some time to read what I said, or maybe you don't have reading comprehension. I'm giving real world cases. Cases from LEO and from when I was in the Marines. This isn't "movie" info. If anything your idea that groin kicks and throat strikes are automatic on/off buttons that you can do on an pro-mma fighter is wishful thinking.

Besides, you come off as a total liar. "Punched guy in the throat" "I have been in many fights with guys 250lbs" Even if that's true. How does your circumstantial evidence prove or disprove what I'm saying?

You'll have to forgive me if instead of listening to some guy telling me on the Internet how bad ass he is, I choose to go by my military and LEOs experience and knowledge.

Really, you're overestimating yourself and one day you might die or suffer a horrible humiliation in the street.

I'm not sure what your angle is, but do you seriously think with your LARPING you can take on a UFC fighter? He's most likely to break your fingers. Again I'm not saying these dirty tactics don't work, they do. But anyone can do them, they're not special super secret moves, and the more skilled grappler and striker will employ them easier on some Krav Maga weekend warrior than vice versa.

You don't have to have such an inferiority complex towards grappling. Even you just stated that you used a grappling move to neutralize a double.

Try your hand with a real grappler if you haven't. It will be eye opening.

What you're saying right now would be the equal of me saying.

"LOL@ boxers, I dodged one of his masterful jabs and took him down and tied him into a pretzel"

I seriously can't believe that there's people out there who still believe in such crap.

But then again, it took me 15 years of being into Martial Arts to sort out what works from what doesn't. And since most people aren't as into Martial Arts as I am. Perhaps I can't expect them to see those things for what they are.

Most people don't compete, I think competiton is the biggest eye opener of what works and what doesnt. So most people don't know if they're even capable of fighting. Most people I know who post here don't even spar, they just hit bags.

It's convenient for a grown man's ego to want to believe he CAN fight in a world centered around violence. I think most men aren't afraid to fight because they're scared of getting hurt, but because they're scared to find out they cannot fight to the ability they think they could. Ego crushing.

I used to think the same, but in that argument you are assuming that all is already discovered and the fighters then only use what works in the cage. The thing is, there's not all discovered on Standup game as we see with recent applications of karate by Connor.

I think as time goes by, mma Standup will discover value in other martial arts to continue its evolution.

I'm not trying to be an asshole bro. But how knew are you? Connor isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before, at least when it comes to Karate

I'm not trying to be an asshole bro. But how knew are you? Connor isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before, at least when it comes to Karate
the way he mixed it with boxing is alot different from american kickboxing. I think it is interesting.

Back