How the Humiliation of Iowa Style Explains why People Liked Kung Fu Movies

He is talking about the kung fu in the movies. Old school kung fu being both super retarded and super hardcore proves his theory that you can kick a rock for all your live in a monstery while in a fight your will get executed by some dude who boxed for a few years under a good coach.
The argument that 'Kung Fu doesnt work because UFC' is just silly at this point.
We have seen the broad variety of techniques that work in MMA including kicks, elbows palms etc all of which are in many Kung Fu styles. Train with a live component which it is supposed to and it works just fine.
We dont need to see someone with a specific style doing it when the UFC has redisecoverd a lot of the sport applicable parts of it over the course of 30 years, by training multiple styles including styles derivative of Kung Fu like Karate and Muay Thai.

The argument that 'Kung Fu doesnt work because UFC' is just silly at this point.
We have seen the broad variety of techniques that work in MMA including kicks, elbows palms etc all of which are in many Kung Fu styles. Train with a live component which it is supposed to and it works just fine.
We dont need to see someone with a specific style doing it when the UFC has redisecoverd a lot of the sport applicable parts of it over the course of 30 years, by training multiple styles including styles derivative of Kung Fu like Karate and Muay Thai.
Lol you are even in the standup forum defending kung fu. Let it go, it's literally the most useless TMA amongst TMAs.

Lol you are even in the standup forum defending kung fu. Let it go, it's literally the most useless TMA amongst TMAs.
I mean, someone who says something as dumb as 'Kung Fu' as though it's one entity, I dont take very seriously.

I've been around the block. Judo was my first love, and I still follow the grappling scene. I've seen high level martial artists from different styles.

The progression of MMA is that the community goes to different styles and mocks and insults them, until the real members of style show up, beat the fuck out of them, and then they try to learn that style. Its happened through the history of the sport. So now they want to do the same with 'Kung Fu'. Yet the door to the kwoon stays closed. Without respect it doesn't happen.
Fuck them. They dont need to know what they dont know.

If we are gonna talk about why Penn State is so successful we have to at least mention the following. Being Cael Sanderson gives you a gargantuan edge in recruiting. He, his brothers, Casey Cunningham, Jake Varner, also happen to be tremendously talented coaches.

I mean, someone who says something as dumb as 'Kung Fu' as though it's one entity, I dont take very seriously.

I've been around the block. Judo was my first love, and I still follow the grappling scene. I've seen high level martial artists from different styles.

The progression of MMA is that the community goes to different styles and mocks and insults them, until the real members of style show up, beat the fuck out of them, and then they try to learn that style. Its happened through the history of the sport. So now they want to do the same with 'Kung Fu'. Yet the door to the kwoon stays closed. Without respect it doesn't happen.
Fuck them. They dont need to know what they dont know.
Yeah well Kung Fus in plurial is all useless garbage. LOL at "nobody knows it works because the door of the kwon is closed to them". You have been on an MMA forum a little too long and are a bit too old to say stuff like that.

Yeah well Kung Fus in plurial is all useless garbage. LOL at "nobody knows it works because the door of the kwon is closed to them". You have been on an MMA forum a little too long and are a bit too old to say stuff like that.
I think you are far too old to be talking like the above. Plenty know that it works, just not some dumb lil sherdoggers.
You would have thought they learned their lesson when Machida showed that Karate works if trained properly, after 20 years of bashing.
Apparently they did not...

Honestly, I think there is a healthy in the middle here. Going all out on conditioning and giving little importance to technique work is not a good idea, but to act like you can just goof around and flow role and that you will then find the intensity and conditioning when it's time to compete? Good luck with that.
In the end, skill being equal, the stronger and better conditioned athlete/fighter will win. Conditioning is still king, but technique/skill is queen.

I think you are far too old to be talking like the above. Plenty know that it works, just not some dumb lil sherdoggers.
You would have thought they learned their lesson when Machida showed that Karate works if trained properly, after 20 years of bashing.
Apparently they did not...
Exactly, I am old enough to know that dorks like you disappeared in the 90s. But TBH i see you as an endangered species that needs protection so please never change.

Exactly, I am old enough to know that dorks like you disappeared in the 90s. But TBH i see you as an endangered species that needs protection so please never change.
I want to see @TheMaster vs kbectahapccp fight irl the ancient way with a lot of torches and bongo drums and hands dipped in broken glass to settle this once and for all.

Exactly, I am old enough to know that dorks like you disappeared in the 90s.
100% bet that prime Keith Hackney would have made you run and hide the first time he hit you. Tons of 90's TMA guys would have had no problem handling you, especially give them just a few months cross training it would have been no issue.

100% bet that prime Keith Hackney would have made you run and hide the first time he hit you. Tons of 90's TMA guys would have had no problem handling you, especially give them just a few months cross training it would have been no issue.
Did you really just invoke that a UFC fighter would kick my ass as a rebuttal? What a dork lol.

Did you really just invoke that a UFC fighter would kick my ass as a rebuttal? What a dork lol.
Yes, a 'UFC fighter'. UFC 3 the TMA era. Might as well be Jon Jones. LMAO
You really are the king of cringe unintential comedy lines.

Yes, a 'UFC fighter'. UFC 3 the TMA era. Might as well be Jon Jones. LMAO
You really are the king of cringe unintential comedy lines.
You don't even make sense. I'd be inclined to say it's brain damage but since you don't even spar, you must have never been a light bulb to start with. Now stop tagging me and go train your chi or something.

go train your chi or something.
Like I said CCP, plenty of 90's TMA ("UFC quality"<lmao>) fighters would have whooped you without much trouble, not to mention thousands upon thousands of TMA guys today with access to much more training and info.
Nothing more for you to say, class dismissed.

Chinese use Wushu, as a broad term, to describe all styles of Kung Fu and martial arts.

The Chinese MMA and BJJ federations are under Wushu licenses😁

So, essentially, for the Chinese, BJJ is a style of Kung Fu 😁

Talk about mind fuckery...

Last edited:
Chinese use Wushu, as a broad term, to describe all styles of Kung Fu.

The Chinese MMA and BJJ federations are under Wushu licenses😁

So, essentially, for the Chinese, BJJ is a style of Kung Fu 😁

Talk about mind fuckery...

The way it's used in China, a Michelin star chef is a gong fu master.

Just means great skill acquired over time.

"Sifu Ivanov is a gong fu master"

Like I said CCP, plenty of 90's TMA ("UFC quality"<lmao>) fighters would have whooped you without much trouble, not to mention thousands upon thousands of TMA guys today with access to much more training and info.
Nothing more for you to say, class dismissed.
Yeah OK. I am petrified at the thought of facing some overweight kung fu goof with a ponytail. You win.

Back