Fightmetric for GSP - Hendricks

doesn't tell the whole story unfortunately, just like the Gus vs Jones statistics.

This wasn't a Jones Gus type situation though. Hendricks won much more clearly than Jones did.

Fightmetric has Hendricks as the winner, are people not following the link?

A jab doesnt equivilate to a power hook to the head.Those numbers are faulty and undefining. Most of Jonnys shots were brutal power shots, GSP landed 90% jabs

Fight Metric is here to tow the line and pacify the sheep that lost their money in a robbery. they have been known to cook stats after a fight. Look at these, apparently nearly every strike GSP threw was "significant" BS and this isnt the first time they've pulled this. Maybe someone should run and tell GSP and Hendricks that according to fight metric they got their faces switched.

LOL at gsp landing only 2 less significant strikes in rnd 2

The same round where he went wobbly,

the same round where he got fucked up pretty hard

crum laughs at your fightmetric

GSP came back that round and landed a lot of strikes...

lol @ the people who actually changed their opinion because of this

you dont believe your eyes ? you believe this shit more then your actual brain ?

First of all, Fight Metric should never be used to come to a conclusion regarding a fight. Second of all, those numbers aren't far off what I thought happened. Hendricks won rounds 1, 2 and 4 by outstriking and outwrestling GSP. I had money on Hendricks and I thought he won. It wasn't by a massive margin, and it isn't an insane robbery that some people say it is, but I thought Hendricks clearly won.

Hendricks corner told him to coast in the fifth round. While I scored it 48-47 for Hendricks. I have no sympathy for him. Your in a championship fight and you coast leaving it in the hands of the judges. He should be blaming himself and his corner.

i absolutely knew, even before the decision, that GSP has outlanded Hendricks.

Whether or not it was enough to overcome being wobbled twice and the takedowns. I wasn't sure.

But I knew he outstruck him.

Fightmetric gave the fight to Hendricks... rounds 1,2, and 4.

Hendicks had the most damaging shots in most rounds. Something that should be considered more than strike attempts and even what judges call "significant" strikes.

Hendicks controlled the cage in most rounds and controlled GSP movements in almost all clinch or striking exchange.

Hendricks and GSP only actually capitalized on one or two takedowns each the rest can be considered as important since little control was established after the takedown occured.

What my fight matrix after looking at each round.

even the greatest point fighter got outstruck.lol GSP lost bigtime. people saying "it was close,not a robbery" need to get their eyes checked.

I didn't read what the stats said but no matter what they say about any fight, if you need FightMetric to understand who won a fight, you should probably stop watching MMA.

Back