Fighters Trying Out For TUF 23 (The Ultimate Fighter Season 23)

Mate. You just made my fucking day!

That's what I'm talking about, I knew some posters would have a scoop or two! Edited the list, moved Mo to the confirmed names at the tryouts.

Also, if anyone knows of any fighter NOT on my list, who attended, please share!

DeReese, Rountree, Hawes, Sanchez, Stansbury....shit's shaping up REALLLL nice.

Mate. You just made my fucking day!

That's what I'm talking about, I knew some posters would have a scoop or two! Edited the list, moved Mo to the confirmed names at the tryouts.

Also, if anyone knows of any fighter NOT on my list, who attended, please share!

DeReese, Rountree, Hawes, Sanchez, Stansbury....shit's shaping up REALLLL nice.

That's an insane field. I'd keep all those guys if they get past the initial fights to get into the house, even if they lose early they are all still killers.

That's an insane field. I'd keep all those guys if they get past the initial fights to get into the house, even if they lose early they are all still killers.

Exactly. It looks like 205 is here to stay on TUF 23 as even if they need to add 5 poor fighters who showed up, we're still gonna end up with 8 solid guys on the final cast/in the house. Good batch to work with.

Exactly. It looks like 205 is here to stay on TUF 23 as even if they need to add 5 poor fighters who showed up, we're still gonna end up with 8 solid guys on the final cast/in the house. Good batch to work with.

I believe Myron Dennis went to tryouts, don't know how he did though.

I believe Myron Dennis went to tryouts, don't know how he did though.

Shit! I think he was on my list actually but due to him seemingly more interested in kickboxing ATM, I just passed over him! Good chance he makes the cut, if he attended. He used to post around here...I'll edit my list, awesome info!

So I had some time on my hands and did a bit of Googling. I've removed Alex Nicholson (6-1) from my list of potential 205lb'ers. On his FB, he confirms that Joe Silva has promised him a UFC fight in early 2016.

Okay, today was boring so I did some digging and can add the following two 205lb'ers to the list of confirmed guys at the tryouts:

Jamie Pickett (5-2) - I know little about this guy, he's from North Carolina, is a MW by trade and stands 6ft 1in. He's explosive, athletic and confirmed on his Facebook he was flying to Vegas to attend, so he's official. The next one, more of a hunch...

Kendrick Miree (5-2) - 'Big Problem' is a Blackzilian, 33 (so a bit old for TUF) and lost 2 in a row in WSOF. His twitter showed he was in Vegas for 'fight business' the day before the tryouts.

So, here's the current list (these two might not be exciting additions but its still shaping to be a solid, solid field):

Already confirmed as being at tryouts:
Josh Stansbury (7-2); Andrew Sanchez (7-2); Cory Hendricks (3-0); Phil Hawes (3-0);
Dominick Reyes (3-0); Kenneth Bergh (2-0); Guybson Sa (3-2); Khalil Rountree (4-0);
Eric Spicely (8-0); Lemarcus Tucker (4-1); Muhammed DeReese (5-0)
Myron Dennis (12-4); Jamie Pickett (5-2); Kendrick Miree (5-2); Mike Turner (5-2)

Last edited:
The problem with HW is finding 16 decent prospects who can make 265lbs several times in the space of 6 weeks. Plus, Hws have a quicker road to the UFC – get to 5-0 or so, and you're in.

205lbs aren't small people, anyway! Haha.

Finding 16 english speaking heavyweights who won't make the show look bad is tough. If they did a Russian HW TUF though...

Edited my list - another confirmed attendee for the men's 205lb bracket, Mike Turner (5-2). All I know is he's Australian and seems to be a grappler. Not an exciting addition but still.

Back