Fighters Trying Out For TUF 23 (The Ultimate Fighter Season 23)

Jodie Esquibel (5-1)
trains at Jackson Wink MMA

12424148-jodie.jpg

tumblr_nktmxva9Ld1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Ashley Yoder (4-1)
trains with Team Quest

maxresdefault.jpg

If strawweight Ashley Yoder (twitter: @Yoda_BaBay) ends up being coached by Joanna on TUF 23... we will have Jedi and Yoda training together!

Not sure what date social media silence would begin. I guessed January 25. Anyone have better info?

That's probably right. Elimination fights were on the 26th, so they would have made weight that Monday the 25th.

Jason Coles dude who leaked Tuf20 news, and other TUF casts has been "releasing" names of 1 male and 1 female everyday. So far he's said Lanchana Green, Helen Harper, Norman Paraisy, and Josh Stansbury.

Also implied Mellony Guegjes, JJ Aldrich, and Phil Hawes.

Lanchana Green (0-1)
trains with The Lab Darlington

922689_10152080055909572_1154381542_n.jpg

Helen "Hellraiser" Harper (4-1) of England
trains with Andy Roberts BJJ

helen-harper.jpg

helen-harper.jpg

helen-harper-1.jpg

Canadian fighter Alyssa "Pumpkin Spice" Krahn (3-1)

Alyssa-Krahn.jpg

Alyssa_Krahn.jpg

Think about it: women's SW division currectly contains 31 fighters and it can be potentially expanded up to 47 fighters.

I did some checking on twitter and facebook to see which of the females are posting (and so can be concluded to not have made it in--unless somebody else is posting for them), and also to see who has been posting regularly and then suddenly went quiet at a time that may indicate that they got in. I didn't check Instagram, but that could have been helpful.

My guesses based on this research:

In:

JJ Aldrich (2-1, Invicta FC fighter)
Chelsea Bailey (2-0)
Amanda Bobby Cooper (1-1, Invicta FC fighter)
Jodie Esquibel (5-1, Invicta FC fighter)
Helen Harper (4-1)
Alyssa Krahn (3-1)
Jennie Liou (4-3), but not very regular on social media, so this guess might be wrong.
Jamie Moyle (3-1, Invicta FC fighter)
Ashley Yoder (4-1)
(other fighters posted on social media too irregularly for me to know if their silence meant anything, an example of this was Kate Jackson (7-2-1; Currently #8 at flyweight), or else they didn't have a pro win on record, so I didn't include them even though they seemed possible via the criterion of sudden social media silence)

~
Out:

Calie Cutler
Sijara Eubanks
Stephanie Essensa
Lindsay Garbatt (retweeted something on Jan 31)
Mellony Geugjes
Pearl Gonzales
Cindy Hales (retweeted something on Jan 27, too late?)
Erin Harpe
Sharon Jacobson (posted on Facebook today)
Kristi Lopez
Kaline Medeiros
Amy Montenegro
Kyna Sisson

~
Not sure what date social media silence would begin. I guessed January 25. Anyone have better info?
Not surprised if Dharon Jacobson isn't in it. She's posted a lot about training for the Olympic tryouts, which would definitely mean TUF is out of the question. She's also active duty, I think.

Not surprised if Dharon Jacobson isn't in it. She's posted a lot about training for the Olympic tryouts, which would definitely mean TUF is out of the question. She's also active duty, I think.

Perhaps she went to the tryouts just to make an impression on the UFC?

surprised sharon jacobson is out, in which case i got jamie moyle to win it, with jj aldritch as an alternate, and would like to see kate jackson do well.

MMAJUNKIE had a thread last night with the 16 initial fighters from each division, the 205lb'ers on episode 1 are:

1. Mo DeReese (5-0)
2. Josh Stansbury (7-2)
3. Phil Hawes (3-0)
4. Andrew Sanchez (7-2)
5. Khalil Rountree (4-0)
6. Cory Hendricks (3-0)
7. Trevor Carlson (10-2)
8. Norman Paraisy (15-4-1)
9. Elias Urbina (3-0)
10. Kenneth Bergh (2-0)
11. Abdel Medjeboub (3-0)
12. Marcel Fortuna (8-1)
13. Myron Dennis (11-4)
14. John Paul Elias (3-0)
15. Eric Spicely (8-0)
16. Jamelle Jones (6-2)

IF true, this is a SICK initial line-up with a handful of extremely promising guys. Paraisy is a shocker though - dude quit on his stool on TUF 11(?) and was mocked mercilessly by Dana.

Anyway, I'm out, I don't wanna hear any spoilers about who got into the house!

Spanish fighter "La Nina" Irene Cabello (6-2)

Cage-Warriors-Irene-Cabello.jpg

cabello-01.jpg
Irene-Cabello-hs.jpeg

Last edited:
Kristi "Loba" Lopez (2-0)
trains with 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

image_crop.php

793dfea4df64e97b659f85bfd5134ce7.jpg

d81bbab0e4f4e12e17f7a2dbfffed1eb.jpg

Last edited:
Back