Fighters from other combat sports who have crossed over into Boxing

LNwolf87

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does any one know of any fighters from MMA, Kickboxing, Muay Thai and etc. who have crossed over into the sport of boxing at some point or another? I know that Ray Sefo boxed and he was Knocked out in the first round against an unkown journeyman. Is there any more?

Chris Algieri. Belt holder in boxing so he was up there at one point as a B- fighter I'd say. I don't know anything about his kickboxing career though.

Chris Algieri. Belt holder in boxing so he was up there at one point as a B- fighter I'd say. I don't know anything about his kickboxing career though.

There are videos of him fighting in Chuck Norris's WCL back in his younger days on Youtube.

I remember Melvin Guillard going into boxing and getting blasted in the first round by some nobody.

There once was this so-called confirmed news that Badr Hari was moving to the US to focus on boxing

What followed was a pic of him on Times Square, and that was that

Pity, he could have been good

There once was this so-called confirmed news that Badr Hari was moving to the US to focus on boxing

At losing?

No, he couldn't have. Glass chin and no real technical base (shitty work ethic, as well).

A ton of the European boxers start in kickboxing. Most Thais start in mauy thai. There are some american karate guys from the 80s like troy dorsey.

Berto has a family deep in the MmA world. his bro fought for showtime and pops was a kung fu champ but not sure if he ever competed other than boxing

the majority of Thai's start off in MT before Boxing. Samart Payakaroon is the best example of someone who not only was in both sports but reached a high level on both. I don't watch MT but I heard he is one of the best ever to do it.

didn't Anderson silva try to box and looked silly doing it?> not sure seem to remember a video ....

the majority of Thai's start off in MT before Boxing. Samart Payakaroon is the best example of someone who not only was in both sports but reached a high level on both. I don't watch MT but I heard he is one of the best ever to do it.

This is what I was going to say, I only knew him because Jeff Fenech beat him, found out on a thread on here he might be the Muay Thai GOAT.

This is what I was going to say, I only knew him because Jeff Fenech beat him, found out on a thread on here he might be the Muay Thai GOAT.
yeah Fenech beat him bad. Apparently Samart went to become a Buddhist monk after that fight. A scary KO, really scary. Apparently, Payakaroon (already well into his career and aged for hte lower weight classes), hadn't taken the fight seriously and had a really shitty weight cut. After what Fenech did to him that night (using his head as a speed bag) and given he had already lost his motivation and spent his training time partying, that's a good reason to leave the sport. I think he tried making a comeback a few years later but that went worse.

Lucas Brown is highly ranked in boxing and come from mma
also you have Joe Duffy

I think a lot of the Muay Thai guys in the lower weights would run through the UFC. No one's stand up is fucking with them in mma

Samart Payakaroon- 105lb, 108lb, 115lb & 126lb Lumpinee Stadium champion(Muay Thai)& WBC Super Bantamweight champ 122lbs (Boxing) -

Yokthai Sthoar- Lumpinee Stadium champ(Muay Thai) & WBA Super Flyweight champ115lbs (Boxing) -

Veeraphol Sahaprom n/- Rajadamnern, WBA, WBC

-Saensak Muangsurin Lumpinee, WBC

Amnant Ruenroeng-Lumpinee IBF

Troy Dorsey- ISKA bantamweight champ(Full Contact) & IBF Featherweight

-James Warring- WKA cruiserweight champ (Full Contact) & IBF Cruiserweight Kickboxing and MMA world Champions

-Semmy Schilt - 4x K-1WGP champ Glory World Series champ and King of Pancrase -

Mirko CroCop- K-1WGP champ and Pride GP champ

Back