Feminism Ruining Movies and Television

Describe some scenarios in which feminism jumps out at you, if you want. I am curious as to what you are talking about.
One of the latest star wars movies.

Or sitcom ads show the dorky men, dads and the strong logical women, mothers who are the heroes to save the day cause the guys are too dumb and incapable.

I can't quantify it but I know I have seen more movies with bad ass chicks who left and right demolish 300lbs men. I think overall there's a decline in women filling stereotypical roles in films and TV.

It's fine but there's a sect of society that believes there's more fact than fiction in this image of bad ass females. Then suddenly females are in the infantry cause they're physically as capable, TV said so...

It's fine but there's a sect of society that believes there's more fact than fiction in this image of bad ass females.

This is where the argument gets silly to me.

Bruce Lee wrecks 30 guys attacking him in a circle. Patrick Swayze rips out throats and shit.

But god forbid a female character is unrealistic. Then, it's political and Sherdoggers rage.

Why is this a separate thread? The other one just started, and the TS is just posting a pretty on-topic response to it.

Females of The Walking Dead:

Michonne:

Carol Pelletier:

Maggie Greene showing the boss who's the boss:

Tara Chambler (bonus points for being a lesbian character and likely turning real lesbian because):

Sasha Williams:

Rosita Espinoza:

https://youtu.be/GbZlfgiOhEw

LOL.

Heck, even the two tween girls that zombied were more badass than the white guys who weren't white patriarchy a-holes and bad because they were in charge.

Last edited:
Never heard of this Jack Reacharound movie, but I always find it funny when goofy comedic/dramatic actors become "action heroes" later in their careers. It's almost as ridiculous as the godawful cliche "tough" female characters....almost.

I can't quantify it but I know I have seen more movies with bad ass chicks who left and right demolish 300lbs men. .

this is such a bad example though

tv and movies are filled with tons of scenes of men fighting off multiple parties and emerging from out numbered gun shoot outs relatively unscathed when this is about as realistic as the example you gave

Its called fantasy for a reason.

Never heard of this Jack Reacharound movie, but I always find it funny when goofy comedic/dramatic actors become "action heroes" later in their careers. It's almost as ridiculous as the godawful cliche "tough" female characters....almost.

Cruise was action hero in Top Gun which was like 30 years ago.

And Jack Reacher was greeeaaaaat.

In Tony The Tiger voice.

Feminism is the devil.

But sometimes you guys miscategorise a general, necessary cultural shift towards the feminine as feminism.

Don't know if that is the case her. Just worth considering.

Yeah, I don't think its feminism that ruins movies if people think this was one of the best movies in the last 10 years.
I mean it's not bad, but if that is your standard for favorite movies, blame your own taste in movies and not feminism.
He said FAVORITE movie, not BEST. Learn to read... or is favorite and best the same thing in Germanic?

Feminism is the devil.

But sometimes you guys miscategorise a general, necessary cultural shift towards the feminine as feminism.

Don't know if that is the case her. Just worth considering.

Sometimes I just want to watch a badass pretend dude be rad without feeling the long wagging finger of "there, there Mr. Quit being a piggy poo."

2 pages in and nobody mentions ghostbusters being screwed with last year?

And there isn't a need to culturally shift everyone to more femininity, that's denying that men and women naturally have different reactions to life than each other

This is where the argument gets silly to me.

Bruce Lee wrecks 30 guys attacking him in a circle. Patrick Swayze rips out throats and shit.

But god forbid a female character is unrealistic. Then, it's political and Sherdoggers rage.

I essentially said it's a new trend, one that I believe has political implications. As in we now have infantry women, and one argument that's been shunned is physical ability being equal. I believe pop culture plays a role in that ideology, which includes the more common badass actress.

Back