Feminism Ruining Movies and Television

I was bummed when they cast Cruise, just 'cause he doesn't resemble the character from the novels, but he pulled it off and the first one was awesome. Classic Sherlock meets action hero.

The second one sucked. It seemed forced to me, but I don't blame feminism.

I had never read the novel, so I absolutely loved the first one. I had no idea about it. I thought Tom killed the role.

I gad never read the novel, so I absolutely loved the first one. I had no idea about it. I thought Tom killed the role.

He did well. The character in the novel is supposed to be some 6'7" blond guy, which is partly why he's a force to be reckoned with, but like people have noted, we suspend disbelief and it somehow still works with a 5'5" weirdo. It's a great movie. The second one, not so much...

I generally hate over-the-top feminist driven movies, but I don't consider JR2 to be in this category. It sucked for other reasons.

I personally don't really care about this kind of stuff, but isn't there a show out now where some chick is a pitcher in the Major Leagues? Lmao, how silly. But shows and movies are supposed to be fantasies anyway so I don't really think it's a big deal.

He did well. The character in the novel is supposed to be some 6'7" blond guy, which is partly why he's a force to be reckoned with, but like people have noted, we suspend disbelief and it somehow still works with a 5'5" weirdo. It's a great movie. The second one, not so much...

I generally hate over-the-top feminist driven movies, but I don't consider JR2 to be in this category. It sucked for other reasons.

I tried to ignore the 6'7" negativity.

I actually really like Tom Cruise. He even got screwed in Mummy I heard.

But yeah, for action movies, Jack Reacher, John Wick and Gone Girl (if you can call that one) were by far my fave action flicks in the last chunk of years. Add in The Revenant and Bone Tomahawk maybe. Oh, and The Equalizer was pretty good.

Media and entertainment follow the trends. Within two years, all action films will feature transgender heroes with muslim homosexual lovers.

I tried to ignore the 6'7" negativity.

I actually really like Tom Cruise. He even got screwed in Mummy I heard.

But yeah, for action movies, Jack Reacher, John Wick and Gone Girl (if you can call that one) were by far my faves in the last chunk of years.

Three great movies, two of which have sequels that don't live up to the first one, but that's a tough ask, and I guess to be expected.

A great movie almost overshadowed by that stupid "woman only" opening night showing...

Cause it was the first female centric super hero movie weve ever seen...

Thankfully it was so good as just a movie that the "finally weve empowered woman in movies!" Angle got lost in the mix

Media and entertainment follow the trends. Within two years, all action films will feature transgender heroes with muslim homosexual lovers.

I'll be living in a cave eating cheeseburgers watching reruns from my solar powered 16" flat screen by then hopefully.

A great movie almost overshadowed by that stupid "woman only" opening night showing...

Thankfully it was so good as just a movie that the "finally weve empowered woman in movies!" Angle got lost in the mix

I don't think the whole ordeal with the women's only showing came close to ruining it. As you said, it was a good movie. At the end of the day regardless of all the hype or angles they try and pin on movies or TV shows it always comes down to if they are good or not.

This is the exact argument that kooks on the other side make. Everyone thinks that their perspective is just the default but other perspectives are propaganda. I'd say that if people find fiction that upsets their perspective to be too difficult to bear, they should read reviews beforehand and just avoid it.

This is so true and strange. Every time a different perspective is presented, people insist that there's something nefarious of it's presentation. As if no one else's perspective should be presented.

It's a fascinating window into how uncomfortable people are with different perspectives. They really struggle with being exposed to perspectives that don't mirror their own.

This is so true and strange. Every time a different perspective is presented, people insist that there's something nefarious of it's presentation. As if no one else's perspective should be presented.

It's a fascinating window into how uncomfortable people are with different perspectives. They really struggle with being exposed to perspectives that don't mirror their own.

giphy.gif

I personally don't really care about this kind of stuff, but isn't there a show out now where some chick is a pitcher in the Major Leagues? Lmao, how silly. But shows and movies are supposed to be fantasies anyway so I don't really think it's a big deal.

I put that in the same category as the dog who played on the basketball team, I'm just not sure it was meant as such. Rather, it seems to be a show that pushes the "gender is a social construct and both sexes are basically the same" narrative.

In my first sentence, I said: "if people think its the best, not the TS".
Now with this Untermenschen nonsense that you call a language. That does not mean I said the TS thinks its the best movie in the last 10 years.

And in my second sentence when I direct my statement to the TS I use favorite.
But I understand your confusion. You are still far back on the evolution ladder.

It must be confussing using real words and grammer instead of the clicking sounds your parents used.
Why would you even say that though? Which people think it's best? I think you just got "favorite" and "best" mixed up and now you're trying to save face.

Not bad, I underestimated your intelligence I suppose. Maybe you are close to a 95 IQ??

Regardless, the rest of your post is funny and a little sad. I am happy you've discovered the word evolution though, congrats!

I don't think the whole ordeal with the women's only showing came close to ruining it. As you said, it was a good movie. At the end of the day regardless of all the hype or angles they try and pin on movies or TV shows it always comes down to if they are good or not.
Ask yourself;

Was their a period of time (right when the marketing frenzy for the movie was at it's cusp) Were people talking more about how good the movie was, or were they talking about that fucking female only showing crap?

...because it baited some men who thought the entire thing was a bit forced and a double standard...

Because you would be lying if you say "naw the movie being great was always the main point of discussion throughout the marketing of the movie"

It wasn't.

Personally the female only showing WAS crap.

Did they do one for Salt?

How about Tomb Raider?

Kill Bill?

Ghost in the Shell then?

No?

Then I say fuck off with the forced agenda.

Wait... there was a "woman only" showing of Wonder Woman? HAHA

While this is true, but the overwhelming trend and feminism narrative being forced in stories is noticeable. If you think it's so a different perspective I suggest google the topic and find out. But I will ramble on a little

I think if it works that's fine like wonder woman, other comic movies or shes a robot crap like that. But a few movies as of late drop stock for me while watching because of the over projection. like the newer XxX some hardcore chick on the team saying shes bored and hasn't killed anyone in 5 minutes which is funny but piles on. Jack reacher 2, GoT is leaning that way since it's not on the books no more, this movie with Jamie Fox I watched as of late sleepless. It just seems like every show or movie there has to be a badass girl now its part of the recipe for almost every production that has action and yea its minor compared to life but it's like anything else one put's a thought into. It's like ok you have brock lesnar or jon jones kicking ass and now here comes ronda and beats them both up at the same time.

I think there's probably a bigger correction coming in terms of putting female leads in various popular movie genres. Basically you've got 50% of the population historically underrepresented in some roles, and that same 50% representing an ever-increasing part of the economy.

The fact that the foundation for these roles is essentially a series of male performances creates a strange sense of appropriation, which is why you see the corny men's rights outrage on here about Ghostbusters and shit. It's going to take a very long time until female leads are so universally accepted and profitable that new archetypes are formed around them in action/adventure/comedy movies. So until then we get the uncomfortable middle ground of women playing roles that were written as men with female names.

Ask yourself;

Was their a period of time (right when the marketing frenzy for the movie was at it's cusp) Were people talking more about how good the movie was, or were they talking about that fucking female only showing crap?

...because it baited some men who thought the entire thing was a bit forced and a double standard...

Because you would be lying if you say "naw the movie being great was always the main point of discussion throughout the marketing of the movie"

It wasn't.

Personally the female only showing WAS crap.

Did they do one for Salt?

How about Tomb Raider?

Kill Bill?

Ghost in the Shell then?

No?

Then I say fuck off with the forced agenda.

The female only showing was a blimp on the radar compared to the rest of the marketing and hype for the movie. Some people never even heard about the female only showing. There was always the feminist stories on the edges but for the most part the movie was marketed as a superhero movie, and the next part of the Justice League story line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back