Fedor's Garry Goodridge win is one of the biggest in Heavyweight history.

I agree that Goodridge was a decent win, but I don’t think it should be overblown.

Fun Fact: Gary Goodridge was an arm wrestling world champion too. Tough as nails.

Side note: One of my favorite GG knockouts
Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif
I've never seen that before 0_0 That is fucking terrifying. Looks like some movie shit lmao

Fedor fought in a division that had Overeem, Igor, Sergi, Kerr, Barnett, Hendo, and Werdum in it and he didn't fight any of them.

Kerr was far past his prime and was smashed by Fujita and Herring, who were both smashed by Fedor and Cro Cop.

Igor was past his prime by the time Fedor was champ. Igor possibly could have received his title shot had he beat Cro Cop but he was viciously KO'ed by Cro Cop's LHK and went into even further decline.

Sergei would have earned his shot versus Fedor but Sergei lost to Nog in the 2004 HW tournament. PRIDE attempted to put Sergei back on a path to the title by matching him up with Fedor's little brother Aleks but Aleks brutally finished Sergei.

Hendo was fighting at 183 and 205 pounds. The last HW fight he had in PRIDE was a sub loss to Big Nog. TRT Hendo may have beaten Fedor in 2011 but Fedor likely would have submitted him anytime between 2000 and 2009.

Overeem was mostly fighting and getting flatlined at 205 by Shogun and Lil Nog. Reem lost to Werdum at HW while Werdum lost to Big Nog around the same time.

Werdum lost to Sergei and Nog in PRIDE. Had he beaten one of them he probably would have got his shot.

Barnett was offered Fedor but BARNETT REFUSED and said he needed more time to prepare for Fedor. Barnett opted to fight Hunt that night instead.

Fedor was on top of the mountain a whole decade. No matter how you look at it either Fedor, Nog and CC beat every good HW for a whole decade.

Look at his fucking opponents ya dolt!
Yatsu PRO FAKE WRASSLER WITH 0-0 no MMA fights fighting a guy with 23 pro MMA fights
Schreiber 17-9 decent win
20-10 definition of a gatekeeper
Jan 1-4
Yatsu 0-1
Labasanav 7-4
Van dams 0-1 MMA

So goodridge had 2 decent wins and a 1 loss in that 7 fight streak. ZOMG SO AMAZING. Yet you fedor revisionist donks shit on GSP for fighting 30-7 mw champ coming out of retirement. Fuck outta here!!!

God, it must suck to have that screen name and fight to defend his legacy (or lack of) on a daily basis.

I don't know if it is one of the biggest. It's not even one of Fedor's 10 best wins. Fedor has many bigger wins than that like:

Nog 2x
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Hunt
Coleman
Randleman
Fujita
Rogers

But it is a very underrated win. Gary was on a good run and was a very dangerous and very experienced HW with KO power in his hands and feet.

Fedor closed the distance on the bigger man and took the fight right to him immediately.

You’d take Rogers over Gary?

Kerr was far past his prime and was smashed by Fujita and Herring, who were both smashed by Fedor and Cro Cop.

Igor was past his prime by the time Fedor was champ. Igor possibly could have received his title shot had he beat Cro Cop but he was viciously KO'ed by Cro Cop's LHK and went into even further decline.

Sergei would have earned his shot versus Fedor but Sergei lost to Nog in the 2004 HW tournament. PRIDE attempted to putnSergei back on a path to thr title by matching him up with Fedor's little brother Aleks but Aleks brutally finished Sergei.

Hendo was fighting at 183 and 205 pounds. The last HW figjt he had in PRIDE was a sub loss to Big Nog. Hendo may have beaten Fedor in 2010 but Fedor likely would have submitted him anytime between 2000 and 2008.

Overeem was mostly fighting at 205. He lost to Werdum at HW while Werdum lost to Nog around the same time.

Werdum lost to Sergei and Nog in PRIDE. Had he beaten one of them he probably would have got his shot.

Barnett was offered Fedor but BARNETT REFUSED and said he needed more time to prepare for Fedor. Barnett opted to fight Hunt that night instead.

You have a really good memory of that time period.

I've never seen that before 0_0 That is fucking terrifying. Looks like some movie shit lmao
Lol. Dude, you gotta watch that fight.

Gary was talking shit to that guy the whole time.

"Come on, boy! Hit me, boy? Is that all you got!?!?!?"

LMAO

(Edit: realized you are probably talking about the crucifix. I was talking about the GNP in the Amir fight.)

Garry Goodridge was 7-1-1 prior to his fight against Fedor and that sole loss was against Big Nog. After losing to GOAT GG will go 6-1 in his next 7 fights.

Unfortunately Fedor doesn't get much credit for that win Which is kind of sad.
that's one way to bend the truth to make Goodridge look better then a guy who was fight pro wrestlers, bums, and arm wrestlers. Maybe 3-4 of those wins was agianst average MMA fighters the rest was agianst bums that shouldn't have been fighting. Plus what about the 9 times he was knocked out in kickboxing during that time span. Fedor took the easier of the two fights he could've and let Nog take care of Mirko.

You have a really good memory of that time period.
Thanks. I started watching PRIDE when Nog was champ so I saw all of Fedor's PRIDE run.

Not a wiki historian at all but wiki sure does help verifying dates when I can't remember

Lol. Dude, you gotta watch that fight.

Gary was talking shit to that guy the whole time.

"Come on, boy! Hit me, boy? Is that all you got!?!?!?"

LMAO

(Edit: realized you are probably talking about the crucifix. I was talking about the GNP in the Amir fight.)
Yeahh... still, Amir was realistically a MW... and Big Daddy knew it...

Always felt Big Daddy was a lil bit overreactin´ on this one...

I cant take any thread seriously that is involving a fighter that is part of the TS username

You’d take Rogers over Gary?
Only because Rogers was 10-0 with 10 KOs coming off a 22 second destruction of Arlovski. Gary was tough but we had already seen him lose. Rogers had that high confidence of an undefeated KO machine.

Plus, Rogers was a little bigger than Goodridge and maybe faster.

Fedor and UberReem really destroyed Brett's confidence forever

Thanks. I started watching PRIDE when Nog was champ so I saw all of Fedor's PRIDE run.

Not a wiki historian at all but wiki sure does help verifying dates when I can't remember

I saw it all too, but I don’t always remember that many details. Especially specific time frames and specific reasons certain reasons why certain fighters never met, even though they fought during the same period.

Back