Fedor's Garry Goodridge win is one of the biggest in Heavyweight history.

Goodridge was a very primitive fighter, even a journeyman for his own time. Sloppy, juiced up windmills with simply brute strength, never used his possibly decent groundgame(judging by his slick performance in a GI in the early UFC's).

It does nothing for Fedor's legacy.

Fun Fact: Gary Goodridge was an arm wrestling world champion too. Tough as nails.

Side note: One of my favorite GG knockouts
Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif
CHILDS PLAY

~DaViD~

Gary was very well rounded fighter..

JJ
200.gif

GNP
Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

Striking..
t8sxad.jpg

All this + KO power, Iron Chin and probably legal PEDs

It's because looking back, Goodridge wasn't that good. I mean he was good, but not great.

I don't know if it is one of the biggest, not even one of Fedor's 10 best wins. Fedor has many bigger wins than that like:

Nog 2x
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Hunt
Coleman
Randleman
Fujita
Rogers

But it is a very underrated win. Gary was on a good run and was a very dangerous and very experienced HW with KO power in his hands and feet. Fedor closed the distance on the bigger man and took the fight right to him immediately.

fuck i wish he could still fight like that..

Maybe top 20 but maybe not? but Hunt is top 5 about 12 years after Fedor submitted him.

Arlovski is still ranked in the top 15 about 10 years after Fedor KO'ed him. Arlovski also just beat a young UFC HW prospect who was like 14-2.

Reem, Werdum and Hunt were nowhere near being the best in PRIDE but they are all top 5 HWs over 10 years after PRIDE folded. Lol

I think he faced 2 studs in Nog and CC. A good fighter, but glass Jaw in Arlovski. Hunt is better now than he was then as is Werdum, and possibly Reem. But the rest of the top guys he faced, although not cans like haters say, are very beatable guys with tons of losses...Guys like Randleman, Coleman, Rogers, Herring, Babalu cant be considered fantastic wins...they all lost to lesser fighters before and after Fedor.

Cool…don’t consider Anderson GOAT!

GSP AND JONES, 2 fighters who beat every fighter they ever fought and both have more top 5 wins than fedor. Thanks!
JJ is a cheating scumbag. got busted multiple times. cried like a little baby whose favorite toy, roids, was taken from him, when he got busted. he would be mediocre fighter without the juice.

I remember when Fedor was new to Pride and most folks had Herring as a favorite

and then the fight started and Heath just got mollywhopped all over the ring

rolling all around and eating bombs to the teeth
o.gif

Heath always looked kinda uncoordinated to me

always clomping around and rolling all over

love when he flair-flopped after taking Mirko's body kick
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Ummm... I think that umm... no not really. Umm... yeah I’m going to have you come
I’m on a Saturday to learn mma history

Big Daddy Goodridge was a fun fighter who had a decent career but let's not rewrite history and rank him as a top contender when Fedor beat him.

Fedor fought in a division that had Overeem, Igor, Sergi, Kerr, Barnett, Hendo, and Werdum in it and he didn't fight any of them.

Back