Fedor vs Mir is bigger than any UFC fight excluding...

Two old, washed up, slow, has-been’s fighting off their name values alone.

If you looked at their fight purely from a fight perspective and not knowing their history and accomplishments you’d probably think WTF am I watching and how are these guys pro fighters at the highest level?

DC vs Stipe and Khabib vs Tony. Those fights are no doubt bigger and more interesting than Fedor vs Mir. DC vs Stipe is happening because both divisions are dead.

Conor is gone.
Jones is gone.
Ronda is gone.
Cain is gone.
Jds is gone.
Barnett is gone.
Rothwell is gone.
Hunt is old.
Reem is dead.

Lhw is turning to shit as which is why Gus is fighting Rockhold and Manuwa is fighting Jan.

Now Brock is Coming back because there is no excitement in the division.Obviously there are heavyweights ranked higher than Mir and Fedor but I think I speak for us all when I say I'd rather watch Fedor vs Mir than Reem vs Blaydes or Werdum vs Volkov or AA vs Struve or any other fight you can think of outside of a Conor return. Id even rather watch Fedor vs Mir than Ortega vs Holloway.

Fedor vs Mir is still more interesting than 90% of the fights that the UFC can make.
Maybe 10 years ago...

IhvjX3u.gif

Gone but not forgotten
Brothwell is a weird dude

I bought tickets to see it happen in Chicago, I will just close my eyes and imagine I am back in 2006, Fedor looks similar but fat Mir is gonna require some intoxication to look past.

Two old, washed up, slow, has-been’s fighting off their name values alone.

If you looked at their fight purely from a fight perspective and not knowing their history and accomplishments you’d probably think WTF am I watching and how are these guys pro fighters at the highest level?

Yeah but even at this stage i think both are still really dangerous. They're big dudes that hit hard so I'll be watching. Both have been champ before and i always keep tabs on former lhw and hw champs til they're done fighting. Never know when a george foreman situation may happen.

Fedor vs. Mir is bigger-bellied than pretty much any UFC fight. I'll give you that. Also, their combined age of 79 is impressive.

Jarl

Saying that is like saying Jack Nicklaus vs Gary player is a better match than Jordan spieth vs Rory mcilroy still now

Bellator: the fights you always wanted to see, and now don't care anymore

if streaming is at the same time

streamers should stream fedor vs mir

andf then watch online repetition of the UFC fight

only if those streamers think like me

I was thinking about going and then I saw sam sicilia was in the co main event...

Not as big as Fedor vs Barnett or Couture would have been at one time.

lol homeboy clearly hasn't been watching Fedor since he bolted back to overseas fighting in corrupt Russian orgs.

At this point all this match up is going to tell us which of these guys is making a bigger mistake by continuing to fight.

I bought tickets to see it happen in Chicago, I will just close my eyes and imagine I am back in 2006, Fedor looks similar but fat Mir is gonna require some intoxication to look past.

Bought tix to SEE it. But you’re going to CLOSE YOUR EYES, and imagine ...

giphy.gif

Nahhhh...

I get it. But, that was just too good to pass up.

No...

I don’t think anybody honestly thinks this fight is BIG in any way. Most ppl are fairly rooted in reality on this, I think.

A HW ( open ) tourney in the minor leagues, in 2018. Half the guys are LHWs. The whole tourney lacks any real cachet. Some big names. But, apart from Bader, the fighters are all late 30s, or early 40s.

Mir hasn’t fought in 2 yrs. So, it’s really hard to have any certainty about what we may see from him. He should still have the power to KO 2018 Fedor. And, will most certainly still have his sub skills.

But, that’s about the biggest appeal this fight has, imo. Either guy could win. But, that doesn’t make it BIG.

Back