Fedor vs Mir is bigger than any UFC fight excluding...

Mir is probs my favorite fighter of all time, and even I am worried about this fight being a sloppy gas fest with whoever lands the first hard slap winning.

I'd be ecstatic to see Mir take another arm or leg home, but athletes change.

At this point, I'd really want Mir as a commentator, GOAT for that during his WEC tenure.

Sad day in MMA when Mir pounds Fedor to a TKO

Well for all intensive purposes he's not wrong.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

this fight is about as relevant if Andy Rodick played Agassi in 2018.

AKA too old, just milking fans for their nostalgia

Who gives a shit about what this fight sells.

I'm sure you geeks would rather watch volkov vs blades for title shot eliminator.

Should *have.

"Should have" gets shortened to "should've", which is often pronounced like "should of".

Not trying to be a dick, that one just irks me.
'Should of' is fine as he is writing in speech not written language i.e. informal - which sherdog is. Its like some on sherdog will write fook off or fuk off when it should be fuck off.......anyway on that note, fuk off mate

I agree Fedor vs. Mir is a bigger fight. That said, i don't think a single person here is watching so that they can bear witness to the absolute pinnacle of modern MMA.

I think most people either want to see Mir get faceplanted or Fedor do the stankyleg or get his arm broken.

Not a whole lot in between. I'm excited.

I'm a huge Fedor fan, but no, his fights aren't exciting anymore. He's a shell of his former self and I don't believe that we will ever see some vintage Fedor action again.

No one here has a problem with watching Volkov vs struve or as vs struve or black beast vs tsybura.

All wack ass heavyweight fights that get the pass because theyre under the ufc banner.

Bigger doesn't mean better. Bellator's entire structure is based around names that other organizations built and doing their best to pretend we should care about a rematch from 1993.
This is just another shit matchup from two guys who should have gotten their licenses revoked a long time ago.

And you're a massive loser who would rather watch black beast vs volkov for the next title contender fight.

I'd rather watch Black Beast fight a broomstick than two geezers who are literally old enough to be granddads now. And I'm 45.

DC vs Stipe and Khabib vs Tony. Those fights are no doubt bigger and more interesting than Fedor vs Mir. DC vs Stipe is happening because both divisions are dead.

Conor is gone.
Jones is gone.
Ronda is gone.
Cain is gone.
Jds is gone.
Barnett is gone.
Rothwell is gone.
Hunt is old.
Reem is dead.

Lhw is turning to shit as which is why Gus is fighting Rockhold and Manuwa is fighting Jan.

Now Brock is Coming back because there is no excitement in the division.Obviously there are heavyweights ranked higher than Mir and Fedor but I think I speak for us all when I say I'd rather watch Fedor vs Mir than Reem vs Blaydes or Werdum vs Volkov or AA vs Struve or any other fight you can think of outside of a Conor return. Id even rather watch Fedor vs Mir than Ortega vs Holloway.

Fedor vs Mir is still more interesting than 90% of the fights that the UFC can make.

Five or more years ago.... For sure !!

Now , not so sure. May be Huge names , past Champions but both are well past it .

This fight depends on how both fighters come in. Fedor has a better chance coming in well conditioned . Mir, hasn't fought for quite some time. Saw him at the first HW GP tournament, he looked very soft. Of Mir doesn't get into some serious training and get in shape it's going to be a terrible fight. He will trying and slow it down, do cage work or take it down. Could be boring AF!

If Mir and Fedor both come in conditioned and are taking this Tournament seriously, that could be a different story. Could be good , not five to ten yrs ago good but good.

Odds are this won't live up to the name value.
Do hope in wrong.

Who gives a shit about what this fight sells.

I'm sure you geeks would rather watch volkov vs blades for title shot eliminator.

I sure would . . . not saying I won't check out Fedor-Mir, I will, but I'm not particularly excited about it.

I am excited to see how/if Blaydes evolves iinto a serious threat.

Back