Fedor: Never lost in a ring. But lost almost every cage fighg? | Page 13

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PancraseForever, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Typrune Goatley Brown Belt

Typrune Goatley
    What does that have to do with anything?

It doesn't matter "if those fighters had fedro's schedule." That doesn't matter.

The point is a lot of fighters decline and literally look slower around 33. If you actually watched entire careers like we have, you would have noticed everyone's decline. You obviously started watching around your join date.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Mixfight likes this.
  2. welcometohavoc Yellow Card

welcometohavoc
    It's a stupid ruleset. Not even MMA tbh.

3. PEDS Help me Post Brown Belt

PEDS Help me Post
    That I would agree with, same with Pancrase where they only had open palm strikes.

The result could have been different if it was scored in different orgs, but then again, the fight would have been much different as well.

4. RagingBeringola Purple Belt

RagingBeringola
    Good call. Never got why that win wasn't overturned either. Still, I believe Royce agreed on the rematch because of the money. He for sure never got even close to some of today's paydays in his golden years.

5. Pingu Green Belt

Pingu
    It's almost as if the fight was fought under another set of rules that favored submission attempts and stand up over take downs and control.

6. FrodoFraggins Black Belt

FrodoFraggins
    he was out of his prime, physically or mentally, by the time he started fighting in cages. He was never driven to be the greatest ever anyway.

Mixfight likes this.
  7. Seaside Comisario de transporte Platinum planet.

Seaside
    It is not because the cage. Everyone he beat in a ring I am sure would lose in the cage. He just happen to fight and lose to higher caliber fighters in the cage.

8. JBJISGOAT Yellow Card

JBJISGOAT
    God why is it that all of you fedorists are imbeciles???

The dude listed their records after 33 but failed to list who they actually fought and loss to. Context matters in these arguments! For christs sake look at stipe, he is well over 33 and hitting his prime. And he has tons of wear from d1 wrasslin, baseball, firefighting, etc. dude just pick and choose who he listed to fit his shitty narrative and you do the same shit. Wiki cannot teach you these things mate!

9. TMAN29 Green Belt

TMAN29
    Different control and movement needed. A striker lover a ring because they can take the center and push you in corners plus be able to get out or tie up in grappling positions.

10. SamboPunch Gold Belt

SamboPunch
    tons of wear from baseball and firefighting? are you serious?

He has miles on him, but nothing like Fedor in terms of damage. MMA is a whole different ballgame when it comes to injuries.... Fedor has had like what, 2-3x the amount of fights Stipe's had and is like 3-5 years older than him. It's a totally legit and valid excuse for Fedor not looking so good after a while. It doesnt take a genius to either see he came off roids or something, or he's just declining. All human beings ascend and descend. Stipe will too when his time comes. Guys like Stipe don't last as long either, so lets talk when it's all said and done. It's easy to talk and make predictions but hindsight is a bit different. Right now he looks unstoppable, so I don't think it makes a lot of sense to even compare the two guys when they're at two completely different parts of their careers.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  11. JBJISGOAT Yellow Card

JBJISGOAT
    Dude wrestling is terrible for you back, knees, and shoulders. Mix in d1 baseball training and the wear from carrying heavy ass equipment up flights of stairs for real or training purposes during his firefighting job and yeah that shit will wear on you!

If fedor was on steroids which it appears to be that way, that would make sense why he lost coming over here. Obv peds and roids make you snap back from injuries quicker enhancing you training abilities and fighting abilities. We may have only seen clean fedor when he was over here fighting going 4-5 or whatever.

12. SamboPunch Gold Belt

SamboPunch
    I never said anything about wrestling, I was talking about firefighting and baseball. Fedor did combat sambo his whole life, he was getting knocked around long before Stipe ever did. Not to mention he was a serious Judo practioner. Stipe's been fighting for 8 years, Fedor is on year 17. Fedor is 41 and Stipe is 36. What you're saying makes no sense and just seems to be an argument against why Stipe has more wear than Fedor. And it's not even a good one.

With all the evidence of how Fedor has declined, why is it so hard to believe he just declined naturally instead of sucking?

13. JBJISGOAT Yellow Card

JBJISGOAT
    Dude what are you even talking about?!?!? First of all the reason I brought up stipe was because of your fedorist buddy brought up recent hws and their downfall after 33, I countered with stipe…

And If you don’t realize that high level wrestling, baseball, and firefighting will take a toll after years of doing that than I don’t know what else to say to you.

14. Squarechoke Gold Belt

Squarechoke
    Yeah, it's almost strange that such matches count as MMA these days since the rules were atrocious. It was just sad to see Arona skillfully mount Fedor and then not be able to do anything relevant since you couldn't GnP to the head.

15. Inverse Ginger Belt

Inverse
    To be fair, Travis fucked Matt's eye completely with eye-pokes might be one of the worst eye poking injuries in the UFC. Wasn't his eye swelling and shit from the poke?

16. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    What about Anderson Silva who barely broke .500 in Pride then became the greatest ufc fighter ever?

17. DIRTYCOP Green Belt

DIRTYCOP
    you call them "Cage fighters" and I call them "Mixed martial artists".......you are the "just bleed" fan and I respect and love the sport.........youre response is very telling as to how you view the sport

Youre saying that an MMA fighter cannot be a good Christian?

lol.......sad

18. JBJISGOAT Yellow Card

JBJISGOAT
    Greatest ufc fight ever??? Are you fucking high???

The goat or all mma is GSP with 18 top 5 wins all in the ufc therefore Anderson is not the goat of ufc or mma. Top 5 tho.

19. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    at one point he was considered the greatest ufc fighter ever or at least a virtual tie for it with GSP. that is not the point though.

20. ermac88 Black Belt

ermac88
    Riiiight
    Because referees need head sets.
    Okay