Fedor negotiations...

I think its completely reasonable to put more blame on Fedor/M-1 than any other fighter on those cards. Sure 90% of the blame is on Tom Atencio and his boys for there business practices. But with M-1's deal with co-promoting with Affliction they had much more invested interest in Affliction MMA working out as they would make more money. If I'm co promoting with someone and I have a deal in place where I can make a lot more money off this successful venture I sure the hell am going to speak up if I see some idiot blowing money on the other side. While I don't blame them directly for the downfall but they had more skin in the game than any fighter on the card. So maybe 5% lands at there feet.

The difference between the UFC's debt and Strikeforce's debt is the UFC has the revenue to pay that note when due, Strikeforce didn't. Which was a major decision in selling the promotion. Sure from the fan perspective Strikeforce looked great, just like Pride did to. But in the end they failed, folded, got bought out by there competition because they weren't successful businesses to the end. Just like Strikeforce buying up some of Elite XC's assets(including the TV deal with Showtime). No one is going to sit here and tell me how successful Elite XC was and they had everything going for them that Strikeforce did. If the UFC didn't buy Strikeforce it would folded regardless at some point very soon or bought out by someone else who chances are would shut down shop or sold also. It could not generate the revenue it took to run the org. and its a simple as that. In other words the business plan failed. I give them credit they tried to run big but couldn't get the right media deal in place to support the expenses of being a big time player in MMA over the long haul. They got a hell of alot further then most.

Lol you don't really understand the way the world works, small boy

What was his run in sambo like? I've seen a few of his fights but didn't he take bronze and silver at sambo competitions? When did he go undefeated from?

In RUSSIAN National sambo he was undefeated from 2002-2012.

In sambo world championships he was undefeated from 2002-2007.

Fedor doing both sports at the same time was very taxing on him.

Fedor was definitely in some battles where he took damage ,he was never knocked out like wanderlei but its not like he went untouched.

Fedor is famous for attacking people at their strongest discipline so often he was in tight spots.

Guys like that idiot jbj have no real knowledge of the sport just regurgitate BS.....poor little guy.

Doing combat sports is taxing enough guys like chuck liddell did full contact karate before mma.

Fedor was in the Russian military,then went into sambo,then transitioned into mma while still competing in the highest levels of sambo.

Imagine chuck liddell being ufc lhw champ and still doing world championship level full contact karate tourneys in between mma fights........i guarantee he would of been getting dropped sooner.

Also take into consideration Sambo consists of everything in mma,meaning he is taking grappling and striking damage from training and competing.No other combat sport offers striking on feet and ground and submissions.

Olympic wrestlers may have sore knees and elbows but never took striking damage.strikers like liddell never had the stress on his joints from submission grappling....

Fedor essentially had 2 high level MMA careers in which he was very successful and did simultaneously.

I agree with you. Most of us fans of Fedor have said for years now that he needs to use his grappling again. Fedor, if memory serves correctly, was losing to Rogers AND Arlovski before the knockouts. Now I know, "he was winning until he lost", but still, IF Fedor had used his grappling/sambo, those fights might have been totally dominated by him BEFORE he put the lights out.

Yeah Fedor's biggest facet was his all roundedness.

One thing I'm surprised we all hear less of is the Bigfoot fight. Everything beyond it, I think we typically consider to be when Fedor was "done". The Werdum fight was the equivalent of someone landing a big knockout punch. A legit win but basically he "caught him". But the Bigfoot win was simply Bigfoot taking him down, getting the mount, and smashing his face in. Fedor looked decent on the feet but Bigfoot held his own and stood with him, not really seemingly overly hurt by anything. It was just a straight up legit win. Shame Bigfoot deteriorated so much after it. Bigfoot with grappling ability, a little bit of speed and strength and a zombie chin was pretty damn underrated.

Yeah Fedor's biggest facet was his all roundedness.

One thing I'm surprised we all hear less of is the Bigfoot fight. Everything beyond it, I think we typically consider to be when Fedor was "done". The Werdum fight was the equivalent of someone landing a big knockout punch. A legit win but basically he "caught him". But the Bigfoot win was simply Bigfoot taking him down, getting the mount, and smashing his face in. Fedor looked decent on the feet but Bigfoot held his own and stood with him, not really seemingly overly hurt by anything. It was just a straight up legit win. Shame Bigfoot deteriorated so much after it. Bigfoot with grappling ability, a little bit of speed and strength and a zombie chin was pretty damn underrated.
No doubt about that. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) will always wonder if Bigfoot was on the juice at the time, but whether he was or wasn't, round 2 was a total one-sided beat down by Bigfoot.

Bigfoot was on TRT during that fight and his fights in Strikeforce.He was on it in the UFC until it was banned then you seen bigfoot getting crushed.

Look at the first war with Hunt.....then the second fight off trt he got crushed......coincidence.....i think not haha.

Bigfoot cuts to make 265 and is a legit Bjj badass his probem was getting caught up in brawling when his best assets were on the ground.Him with trt strength and recovery helped propel him to multiple title shots.

Lol you don't really understand the way the world works, small boy

Or you just can't admit that Fedor/M-1's deal with both Affliction and Strikeforce did cause extra strain on the resources of both orgs.

I'm with you on the side of good for Fedor and M-1 for getting the deals they did. But I'm also realistic that those deals went well beyond the norm of signing a star fighter.

Or you just can't admit that Fedor/M-1's deal with both Affliction and Strikeforce did cause extra strain on the resources of both orgs.

I'm with you on the side of good for Fedor and M-1 for getting the deals they did. But I'm also realistic that those deals went well beyond the norm of signing a star fighter.

Again explain to me why the fuck its their fault if SF and Affliction made the calculation that it was worth it to sign Fedor under those terms to help expand their brand and build their presence in the industry?

Bigfoot was on TRT during that fight and his fights in Strikeforce.He was on it in the UFC until it was banned then you seen bigfoot getting crushed.

Look at the first war with Hunt.....then the second fight off trt he got crushed......coincidence.....i think not haha.

Bigfoot cuts to make 265 and is a legit Bjj badass his probem was getting caught up in brawling when his best assets were on the ground.Him with trt strength and recovery helped propel him to multiple title shots.

I always thought people underrated just how much that fight could have took out of him too. That fight was BRUTAL. I think there's also some cause to say he was never the same fighter after it cause Mark Hunt just broke the dude.

No doubt about that. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) will always wonder if Bigfoot was on the juice at the time, but whether he was or wasn't, round 2 was a total one-sided beat down by Bigfoot.

I know you're a huge Fedor fan so I don't mean to poke the wounds haha, but do you think fedor being a bit up there, and with the recent Werdum loss,there would have been any different with a younger more prime Fedor?

I've thought about it a few times and I wasn't exactly the MMA fanatic I am now around the time, but I don't actually see what Fedor did in that fight that was different from his past. I don't know if he'd have suddenly had the jiu jitsu o get out of that mount had he been 5 years younger. He basically considered "shot" from then on bu I always wonder if Fedor was really so out of his prime that Bigfoot only won because of it.

I know you're a huge Fedor fan so I don't mean to poke the wounds haha, but do you think fedor being a bit up there, and with the recent Werdum loss,there would have been any different with a younger more prime Fedor?

I've thought about it a few times and I wasn't exactly the MMA fanatic I am now around the time, but I don't actually see what Fedor did in that fight that was different from his past. I don't know if he'd have suddenly had the jiu jitsu o get out of that mount had he been 5 years younger. He basically considered "shot" from then on bu I always wonder if Fedor was really so out of his prime that Bigfoot only won because of it.
Nah. I don't play that game. Fedor lost. Period. The man was taken down by Bigfoot and pounded. If the fight had gone to a third, then who knows? But you know what? It didn't and Bigfoot beat him. I haven't watched it in awhile, so I can't remember, but I wonder of Fedor attempted any of those armbars from bottom position like he did to Coleman, Choi etc...either way, I don't make excuses for fighters, fan or not

Nah. I don't play that game. Fedor lost. Period. The man was taken down by Bigfoot and pounded. If the fight had gone to a third, then who knows? But you know what? It didn't and Bigfoot beat him. I haven't watched it in awhile, so I can't remember, but I wonder of Fedor attempted any of those armbars from bottom position like he did to Coleman, Choi etc...either way, I don't make excuses for fighters, fan or not

I don't really feel that in this instance it'd be an excuse. Someone could definitely make the argument that Fedor was past it by the time they fought. I'm not sure I agree but it's possible. I might watch a bit of Fedor's main fights then the bigfoot fight to see if I see the same guy.

Bellator is waiting to see when the next PPV will be held and you can bet your last dollar Fedor will be on the main fight card.

Love Fedor but he should have retired undefeated.

He looked to start slowing down at the Hunt fight, I mean it's easy to say in hindsight he should of retired after Rogers fight considering he struggled. I think at the time he was still good enough to beat both Werdum & Hendo, Bigfoot was always a tough fight for him.

Right now, I don't feel comfortable for him beating any legit sized HW. He fights too recklessly and seems to get wobbled quite a bit.

He just need money to pay for the stupid gym vadim talked him into building.

He looked to start slowing down at the Hunt fight, I mean it's easy to say in hindsight he should of retired after Rogers fight considering he struggled. I think at the time he was still good enough to beat both Werdum & Hendo, Bigfoot was always a tough fight for him.

Right now, I don't feel comfortable for him beating any legit sized HW. He fights too recklessly and seems to get wobbled quite a bit.
I agree, the Hunt fight was most indicative of the fall. Struggling vs Rogers was the first nail to the coffin.

Fedor was 6 years past his prime when he fought BF and Hendo who were both geared up on TRT and in serious camps.

Fedor was 6 years past his prime when he fought BF and Hendo who were both geared up on TRT and in serious camps.
That's true. Some take those things into consideration, especially when discussing Fedor. People will always look to discredit him, but to me, it is what it is. He lost. Yes, some of his opponents were using TRT, but that doesn't change the fact that he lost.

I don't really feel that in this instance it'd be an excuse. Someone could definitely make the argument that Fedor was past it by the time they fought. I'm not sure I agree but it's possible. I might watch a bit of Fedor's main fights then the bigfoot fight to see if I see the same guy.
I hear ya. One thing I bet we CAN agree on is that win or lose, Fedor is an exciting fighter!

Back