Fedor negotiations...

Yeah cuz affliction going under had nothing to do with BARNETT failing a drug test crippling the main event ..

Or the fact affliction shelled out cash just to acquire free agents and paying for dumb shit like megadeth performing live during the show.

Affliction was a money pit the sec it opened up......wasn't fedor that folded that stupid trashy t-shirt brands attempt at mma lol.

Strike force wasnt Fedors fault either but people just regurgitate the idiotic BS dana and zuffa spewed its fucking hilarious.
Sure pal whatever you say. It was for sure not the millions in extra fees Fedor had in M1 co-promotion, consulting fees and all the other bullshit. All I know is every single promotion he fought in has failed and many of them got put on life support very shortly after he came into them...........wonder why that is........

Sure pal whatever you say. It was for sure not the millions in extra fees Fedor had in M1 co-promotion, consulting fees and all the other bullshit. All I know is every single promotion he fought in has failed and many of them got put on life support very shortly after he came into them...........wonder why that is........

Fedor love or hate him was a huge fucking draw during his undefeated streak and still is a good draw.

Btw both RINGS and M-1 aren't defunct they still are running haha.

Pride died not due to fedor.

Affliction died because they paid out for every fighter they got,plus they put on ridiculous production like i mentioned with fucking megadeth performing live and a bunch of other stupid investments which spread them thin already.They then put together the Fedor vs Barnett card,poored a ton into promoting it only for Barnett to fail testing a crush the main......resulting in the entire card being cancelled and eventually the company.Fedor was still HUGE at this time and the barnett fight was a big deal.....til it wasnt.

Strikeforces downfall was quite a mixture of things but one thing that is certain is it had alot to do with negotiations with Showtime....once that failed they were screwed wasn't fedors pay.

Many orgs would pay out for Fedor as for YEARS he was the #1 guy to have.Orgs were already on life support when they brought him in it was in an effort to go big or go home......in this industry MANY end up going home.

Good try......well actually not really......not at all. :)

Coker is on record that Strikeforce never made a dime off of any card with Fedor on it. He's also stated if given the chance to do it all over again, he would have handled negotiations with M-1 completely different.

Not saying it was the sole reason for Strikeforce's downfall, but it most definitely contributed to it. Fedor/M-1 were getting paid something stupid like 1.2 million dollars a card for "consulting fees."

Coker is on record that Strikeforce never made a dime off of any card with Fedor on it. He's also stated if given the chance to do it all over again, he would have handled negotiations with M-1 completely different.

Not saying it was the sole reason for Strikeforce's downfall, but it most definitely contributed to it. Fedor/M-1 were getting paid something stupid like 1.2 million dollars a card for "consulting fees."

Oh yeah i'm not saying m-1 were a dream to work with haha they definitely used Fedor to make tons of money ....but it wasnt the main reason they folded.

That strikeforce hw gp was the last effort to try and elevate the brand and ratings before the negotiations with Showtime came up.Unfortunately Showtime was ready to move on from mma at that point and in the end strikeforce never dound another home and sold itself to ZUFFIA.

Like i originally said there are a multitude of things that contributed to the eventual collapse but the one for certain is related to Showtime.

Fedor and m-1 didnt collapse strikeforce.

Ouch. Harsh, but true.

I just think his chin is gone with his gameplanning. Fedor really had no business standing with Maldonado or Mitrione. If we even talk Fedor's prime, he was a boxer and Maldonado is actually brilliant at boxing (regardless of his history). Fedor let's people get in close and that's the only time Fabio has ever had success. Really Fedor should have taken him down and got a quick sub but instead he boxed a good boxer in his exact quarters of skill. Mitrione imo is one of the most underrated strikers we've seen. People don't give him any credit but his movement for a heavyweight is stellar and he's always able to land on the mark. I think eventually in UFC he'd have clicked and got a title shot had he stayed. Fedor again was fighting a striker, this time a really capable one, and didn't even hint at wrestling. Fedor would have always had his hands full in a phonebox match with Fabio or a striking match with Mitrione, but he was so well rounded that he could really dictate whatever he wanted to do in a fight. His chin doesn't defend his mistakes anymore, and his intelligence doesn't create strategy.

Hopefully there is no next fight. Every Fedor loss from Werdum on (and I'm counting Maldonado in this) has gotten exponentially sadder. :(

I bet you thought Sugary Ray Leonard wasnt old at 33 either, even though he never won another fight after that point. Not everyone ages the same way, dumbass and not all exhaustion is purely physical.

Fedor could have still fought and could have still improved but by the time he lost he was a decade in the sport fighting at a very intense level. Breaking his hands all the time, getting slammed on his neck by Randleman, getting temple shotted by Fujita, the WAR with Mirko where he took lots of damage and the 4 year span where he fought 23 times throwing full power punches and high octane judo throws.

If you werent such a geek who dwells in a basement you would be able to grasp these concepts. I bet you think Kobe was still in his prime because he scored 60 points at 38 years old in his final game and you think he could sitll play "because Randy fought into his 40s"

geek.
Well said.

Oh I'll be quite clear.....i fucking hated Zuffa.

But that doesn't change Fedors pay didn't kill affliction or strikeforce.

Affliction was a joke from the beginning hence trump being a part of it haha.

Strikeforce failed for numerous reasons but Fedors pay wasnt it either.

Affliction was a mess from the start, no doubt. But the crazy deal they had with M-1/Fedor didn't help one single bit. So some of the financial issues rest on that deal. More power to M-1/Fedor to get those morons to give them that kind deal but you have to admit if failure was due to money some of that falls at the feet of the details of the Fedor deal.

Strikeforce as with any failing orgs there is multiple reasons for it. But Fedor/M-1 did put a very heavy financial burden on the org. Part of that deal was Showtime to put on some M-1 events as an example of some of the odd ball demands. Other odd part is they pocketed the Russian media deal part. Strikeforce failed simply because the investors where investing but money wasn't coming back in anywhere near where they thought they could ever make money in a reasonable amount of time. In other words way too much risk when they looked at the debt and cost of running the org.

I blame the morons for making these deals with M-1/Fedor. But I do put some of the blame on Fedor/M-1 taking hard line stances on what they wanted and the bill goods they sold these orgs that never brought any value back to them. Simply put M-1 dangled Fedor around like a puppet to further M-1's goals. At no time was Fedor or the org he was fighting in was there number 1 concern in these deals.

I bet you thought Sugary Ray Leonard wasnt old at 33 either, even though he never won another fight after that point. Not everyone ages the same way, dumbass and not all exhaustion is purely physical.

Fedor could have still fought and could have still improved but by the time he lost he was a decade in the sport fighting at a very intense level. Breaking his hands all the time, getting slammed on his neck by Randleman, getting temple shotted by Fujita, the WAR with Mirko where he took lots of damage and the 4 year span where he fought 23 times throwing full power punches and high octane judo throws.

If you werent such a geek who dwells in a basement you would be able to grasp these concepts. I bet you think Kobe was still in his prime because he scored 60 points at 38 years old in his final game and you think he could sitll play "because Randy fought into his 40s"

geek.
Jesus dude take it easy this isn't the WarRoom

Hopefully there is no next fight. Every Fedor loss from Werdum on (and I'm counting Maldonado in this) has gotten exponentially sadder. :(

Hmm.. Fedor got clipped at the start and ate so many big punshes just after that... and still came back like that... don't know what's sad about that... take a look at that fight again... actually it's an incredible comeback.

Mittrione... big dude like him, also Fedor knocked him down... I guess it's a 1% chance that also Mittrione landed as he did... This fight showed me again how especially a heavyweight-fight can turn either way with just 1 punch.. But also this fight wasn't a sad performance...

Sad... that's for example the 2nd and 3th cain-jds fight... seeing jds get smashed up like that... or the latest Hendricks-fights whith him just hanging against his opponent against the cage, doing nothing...

Yes... I would love Fedor getting a big win again...

Yeah cuz affliction going under had nothing to do with BARNETT failing a drug test crippling the main event ..

Or the fact affliction shelled out cash just to acquire free agents and paying for dumb shit like megadeth performing live during the show.

Affliction was a money pit the sec it opened up......wasn't fedor that folded that stupid trashy t-shirt brands attempt at mma lol.

Strike force wasnt Fedors fault either but people just regurgitate the idiotic BS dana and zuffa spewed its fucking hilarious.

Affliction failed because they spent too much money. Fedor was the highest paid fighter there.

Fedor love or hate him was a huge fucking draw during his undefeated streak and still is a good draw.

<TrumpWrong1>

Affliction was a mess from the start, no doubt. But the crazy deal they had with M-1/Fedor didn't help one single bit. So some of the financial issues rest on that deal. More power to M-1/Fedor to get those morons to give them that kind deal but you have to admit if failure was due to money some of that falls at the feet of the details of the Fedor deal.

Strikeforce as with any failing orgs there is multiple reasons for it. But Fedor/M-1 did put a very heavy financial burden on the org. Part of that deal was Showtime to put on some M-1 events as an example of some of the odd ball demands. Other odd part is they pocketed the Russian media deal part. Strikeforce failed simply because the investors where investing but money wasn't coming back in anywhere near where they thought they could ever make money in a reasonable amount of time. In other words way too much risk when they looked at the debt and cost of running the org.

I blame the morons for making these deals with M-1/Fedor. But I do put some of the blame on Fedor/M-1 taking hard line stances on what they wanted and the bill goods they sold these orgs that never brought any value back to them. Simply put M-1 dangled Fedor around like a puppet to further M-1's goals. At no time was Fedor or the org he was fighting in was there number 1 concern in these deals.

So you're blaming Fedor and M1 for Affliction agreeing to pay them ridiculous amounts of money but youre not blaming any other fighters on those Affliction cards who also got paid ridiculous amounts of money? Why not blame Affliction for making those choices instead of acting like Fedor put a gun to their head? Any more idiotic ideas????

Also SF didnt fail. They generated a shit load of buzz, built up a strong stable of fighters and got bought out and absorbed by a bigger brand and made way more than they invested. How the fuck is that a failure? Any business would be delighted with such results.

These sherdog geeks, I swear..

Fedor was the highest paid fighter......guess what......every fighter they signed received contracts that were above market value just so they'd sign.

Affliction spent a shit ton of money on a bunch of retarded shit and spent more promoting what was supposed to be the biggest show yet......then barnett popped and they completely sank....,no help from the fucktard trump either haha.

Fedor contributed no more to the downfall then any other fighter being paid.

The company just threw money at ppl and expected things to work,they had no vision and no sense of what mma fans wanted......

Even with a trump guarantee of success they failed miserably in fact they were in debt after their first event haha.

Leto you obviously dont know haha

So you're blaming Fedor and M1 for Affliction agreeing to pay them ridiculous amounts of money but youre not blaming any other fighters on those Affliction cards who also got paid ridiculous amounts of money? Why not blame Affliction for making those choices instead of acting like Fedor put a gun to their head? Any more idiotic ideas????

Also SF didnt fail. They generated a shit load of buzz, built up a strong stable of fighters and got bought out and absorbed by a bigger brand and made way more than they invested. How the fuck is that a failure? Any business would be delighted with such results.

Preach brotha preach haha AMEN!!!

Strikeforce built up a great company the problem is when their tv deal ran out it was when not many stations were willing to try out mma.

They instead sold to the #1 org ....what a shit heap right?

Not to mention how many Strikeforce fighters became champs and or top rated fighters in the UFC show the depth of the roster they had.....then you got Ronda who is arguably the most broadly known mma fighter aside from maybe mcgregor.Also fun fact Cain Velasquez fought on SF first.....

I just think his chin is gone with his gameplanning. Fedor really had no business standing with Maldonado or Mitrione. If we even talk Fedor's prime, he was a boxer and Maldonado is actually brilliant at boxing (regardless of his history). Fedor let's people get in close and that's the only time Fabio has ever had success. Really Fedor should have taken him down and got a quick sub but instead he boxed a good boxer in his exact quarters of skill. Mitrione imo is one of the most underrated strikers we've seen. People don't give him any credit but his movement for a heavyweight is stellar and he's always able to land on the mark. I think eventually in UFC he'd have clicked and got a title shot had he stayed. Fedor again was fighting a striker, this time a really capable one, and didn't even hint at wrestling. Fedor would have always had his hands full in a phonebox match with Fabio or a striking match with Mitrione, but he was so well rounded that he could really dictate whatever he wanted to do in a fight. His chin doesn't defend his mistakes anymore, and his intelligence doesn't create strategy.
I agree with you. Most of us fans of Fedor have said for years now that he needs to use his grappling again. Fedor, if memory serves correctly, was losing to Rogers AND Arlovski before the knockouts. Now I know, "he was winning until he lost", but still, IF Fedor had used his grappling/sambo, those fights might have been totally dominated by him BEFORE he put the lights out.

Finances is what killed Afflication and the Fedor/M-1 deal was the biggest part of that money. Everyone is to blame on some level. I said great for Fedor/M-1 for roping them dummies into it. But if they truly wanted a co-promotion deal and grow together maybe they should stepped in at some point and said pump the damn breaks here we can't pay Babalu 300K or whatever. We shouldn't have Megadeth playing and we all know this list could go on and on. But no, they took the money and ran just like everyone else and you could easily say because of there deal with Afflication they had something/more to lose than the Mike Whitehead's of the world who had nothing to lose.

Strikeforce failed, period. Zuffa paid off massive debt(I believe around 10 million in the hole) for them as part of the deal. Strikeforce was going to fold or be sold one way or the other. Just because your on TV and got some good fighters doesn't mean things are going great. Also just because you failed doesn't mean your assets don't have value. That is what Zuffa bought. Just like Pride and Pride failed to. Saddest part about Stirkeforce is the damn thing was being shopped around behind Coker's back the whole time, nice business partners/investors.

geek.

Lol
Mixfight up to his nonsense again. Dude tapped out at 33 and before that took limited damage tomato can crushing ya fucking magget. He lost when he came over here and got away from the fix fights, refs with earpieces, and magical Japanese supplements. 4-4 on American soil…THESE ARE FACTS!!!

Cblitz your wrong...first off prime fedor wasnt just a boxer.....he was an elite sambo stylist with great kickboxing.

Fedor purposely stood with Maldonado to test his standup and chin before signing to a major org.(not sure what results were gathered lol)

Fedors gameplan was to take meathead down immediately.....unfortunately he never got a chance.Hes not a double leg kinda american wrestler his takedowns are trips and throws from clinch.They circled and neither wanted to move first.....then they both struck lol.

Unfortunately Fedor didnt land clean and meathead did.

Post fight interviews confirm from meathead as well as gifs show fedor hits shoulder before hitting his head.

Meathead recently gave an interview stating he's never had an opponent make him so uncomfortable standing,and when he hit the ground from fedors punch he said he was terrified to get back up and strike.

Fedor definitely took some years easily after putting himself through the ringer for years.But he is trying to fight smarter and not just bang its just a shame we didnt see it.

I truly hope Fedor vs mir happens that would be a great style matchup.

Btw both RINGS and M-1 aren't defunct they still are running haha.

Pride died not due to fedor.

Affliction died because they paid out for every fighter they got,plus they put on ridiculous production like i mentioned with fucking megadeth performing live and a bunch of other stupid investments which spread them thin already.They then put together the Fedor vs Barnett card,poored a ton into promoting it only for Barnett to fail testing a crush the main......resulting in the entire card being cancelled and eventually the company.Fedor was still HUGE at this time and the barnett fight was a big deal.....til it wasnt.

Strikeforces downfall was quite a mixture of things but one thing that is certain is it had alot to do with negotiations with Showtime....once that failed they were screwed wasn't fedors pay.

Many orgs would pay out for Fedor as for YEARS he was the #1 guy to have.Orgs were already on life support when they brought him in it was in an effort to go big or go home......in this industry MANY end up going home.

Good try......well actually not really......not at all. :)

Lmao!!! WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!? Fedor was never a draw!
Matt lindland vs fedor did 13k buys LMAO
Fedor vs Sylvia did 100k buys LMAO

Back