Fedor is NOT the greatest HW of all-time. He was the first great HW.

Crocop
Nogueira
Schilt
Herring
Coleman
Randleman
Hunt
Arona

Hmm TS I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm open to this kind of conversation.

Crocop
Nogueira
Schilt
Herring
Coleman
Randleman
Hunt
Arona

Hmm TS I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm open to this kind of conversation.

Arlovski
Sylvia near prime
Rizzo
Monson
Fujita

As a big Fedor fan, I believe he still fits the definition of the weight classes GOAT. No one else has come close in terms of accomplishments and accolades.

That being said, I don't like the description GOAT in mma. There really needs not be any GOATS because the sports is quickly ever changing. It's much easier to make GOATS for sports like Boxing, Tennis, Olympics, and GOLF.... because the game really doesn't evolve or change at all. The mma game is in constant change, with large focuses on multiple discipline training, etc...

I mean, would today's Damien Maia have won UFC 1 or 2? Probably. Does that make him greater than Royce? Not a damn chance.

GOAT does not lose in his prime 3 times like Fedor did especially to an opponent that was 3 weigh classes below him (i.e. henderson). We do not even have to talk about Fedor losing to UFC rejects Fabio and Mitrione.

I mean, Nogueira was already the number 1 fighter in the world and a great heavyweight before Fedor got to PRIDE, then there was Coleman and Vovchanchyn also in PRIDE. He wasn't even the first great heavyweight in PRIDE.

"It was convenient he only fought Cro Cop once"

Well I would be tempted to agree if you had have included examples of him allegedly avoiding him if that's what you're insinuating. Fedor was meant to fight Cro Cop twice before 05, Fedor got hurt, Nogueira was put in and Cro Cop faltered, then in the grand prix where Fedor beat Coleman and Cro Cop lost to Randleman. It's not Fedor's fault that Cro Cop stumbled at the starting line multiple times.

"I wish he would have faced Randy Couture or Josh Barnett, two guys who's style matches up well with him"

Randy couture's style matches up well with him? Randy Couture gets iced in 4 minutes. Barnett also stumbled at the starting line, also, iirc, he turned down a Fedor fight which is why Fedor ended up fighting Hunt.

the greatest of all time doesn't get ktfo like that against meathead.

Eat my ass.

GOAT does not lose in his prime 3 times like Fedor did especially to an opponent that was 3 weigh classes below him (i.e. henderson). We do not even have to talk about Fedor losing to UFC rejects Fabio and Mitrione.

3 times in his prime? you don't tend to hit your prime 10 years, 33 fights, into your professional career in your mid 30's. He was INARGUABLY past his prime come 06, 07.

Dan Henderson has beaten better competition at heavyweight and light heavyweight than middleweight.

"We do not even have ot talk about fedor losing to ufc rejects"

it's almost like it's not relevant.

Trolling isn't good anymore, but this, like, lowers the bar. At least make a coherent argument that you can defend, it makes the mark so much more annoyed when they actually have to take your point seriously

3 times in his prime? you don't tend to hit your prime 10 years, 33 fights, into your professional career in your mid 30's. He was INARGUABLY past his prime come 06, 07.

Dan Henderson has beaten better competition at heavyweight and light heavyweight than middleweight.

"We do not even have ot talk about fedor losing to ufc rejects"

it's almost like it's not relevant.

Trolling isn't good anymore, but this, like, lowers the bar. At least make a coherent argument that you can defend, it makes the mark so much more annoyed when they actually have to take your point seriously

Lol fuck no and at bare min he was in him prime for both werdum and silva fight...fuck off troll!

Lol fuck no and at bare min he was in him prime for both werdum and silva fight...fuck off troll!

Some people have no idea what an athletic prime is... and u are one of them. Fedors prime was 2005-2007. Stop being a dipshit troll. By the time he was in Strikeforce his fight age was way beyond his prime.

Crocop
Nogueira
Schilt (not good at MMA)
Herring (who is Herring good wins? He is massively overrated on here, only a good win for Fedor but not Brock of course)
Coleman (LMAO really, way past his prime and one dimensional as all hell)
Randleman (again, one dimensional and just not very good at MMA)
Hunt (decent win of course)
Arona (undersized and arguably lost to him)

Some people have no idea what an athletic prime is... and u are one of them. Fedors prime was 2005-2007. Stop being a dipshit troll. By the time he was in Strikeforce his fight age was way beyond his prime.

Just because I disagree with you, I am a troll? He fought shit comp in Japan and came over here and was 4-4. I only looked bad and lost when he was out of his prime...right! He was a good fighter but heroically overrated on sherdog. Be open to others opinions and thoughts mate...

Wrong as ever

Ken was the first great hw ever

Then Coleman Kerr/igor nog couture briefly then fedor till 2010

Just because I disagree with you, I am a troll? He fought shit comp in Japan and came over here and was 4-4. I only looked bad and lost when he was out of his prime...right! He was a good fighter but heroically overrated on sherdog. Be open to others opinions and thoughts mate...

Negative, u are calling him a prime fighter against Hendo and Silva when it was a stretch at best against Arlovski and Silvia. It doesn't take much brains to see.

I'm tired of this argument about whether or not Fedor is the GOAT of the HW division. One camp says he was the greatest ever but got old, the other camp says even in his prime he would lose to some of the top contenders from today. Well both are kind of right.

Have you ever noticed how fighters themselves even refer to Fedor as the greatest HW of all-time? That amount of respect comes from the fact that Fedor was the first truly amazing fighter in the HW division. In the sports early days he was the best fighter in the world. I wish he would have faced Randy Couter or Josh Barnett at least once, two fighters that I always thought matched up well against him stylistically. And it was convenient that he only fight CroCop once. Having said that, he was still dominant and proved that he was the best fighter back then. Those other three guys all lost multiple times, including fights to each other.

Would Fedor have had a difficult time being as dominant today against the bigger more skilled heavyweights we have now? Absolutely. But I think a prime Fedor would have been competitive, he'd win and lose against the best and possibly get a title reign but he would certainly not be undefeated.

Fedor was not the greatest heavyweight of all-time, but he was the first truly great heavyweight.

Brock would crush fedor

Seems every other Fedor post attempts to discredit him and re-write history.

Search for any poll on p4p GOAT and Fedor is miles ahead of everyone else, usually gets as man votes as the number 2 and number 3 combined!

All this shit about him not being the greatest heavyweight ever is a laugh. Who is better??

Transport prime Fedor to today's UFC and he stomps the shit out of everyone IMO. I'd bet good money that Prime CroCop would eat Miocic alive. MMA hasn't evolved that much if we still have Werdum and Hunt as top contenders.

Every sport has a "golden era" Ali so highly thought of because he came out on top of boxings, k-1 had Hoost/schilt era and MMA's great era was during Fedors reign. Fedor will be the greatest heavyweight for a long time.

MMA's golden era was when the sport was less than 10 years old?

Nonsense.

" when the sport was less than 10 years old? "

View attachment 251875

What's the problem? Fedor debuted when the sport was 7 years old and had like 20 fights before it was 10 years old. You're being a stickler for argument's sake. Carwin, Brock, Cain, JDS, Stipe, and Reem all kill "prime" Fedor. Christ look what Mir did to Fedor's 2 best wins, and he's been fucked up several times in the big leagues---by the likes of Vera and Pe De Pano.

MMA is STILL in its infancy stage.

And that isn't Demond Wilson.

Last edited:
Negative, u are calling him a prime fighter against Hendo and Silva when it was a stretch at best against Arlovski and Silvia. It doesn't take much brains to see.

Nonsense. He was 6 years younger and 20lbs heavier than Hendo.

The hero worship around here is disturbing. I really hope none of you Pride geeks are older than 20 and are just riding their nuts because they're not mainstream---like an angry 90s teen who insists an obscure punk band is better than Soundgarden, Tool, etc. Hatred for the mainstream is what propels this lunacy. Fighters are just better now.

What's the problem? Fedor debuted when the sport was 7 years old and had like 20 fights before it was 10 years old. You're being a stickler for argument's sake. Carwin, Brock, Cain, JDS, Stipe, and Reem all kill "prime" Fedor. Christ look what Mir did to Fedor's 2 best wins, and he's been fucked up several times in the big leagues---by the likes of Vera and Pe De Pano.

MMA is STILL in its infancy stage.

And that isn't Demond Wilson.
No surprise, you´re clueless once again.

Back