Fedor is NOT the greatest HW of all-time. He was the first great HW.

So far he is.

He could of been the undeniable GOAT if he had just signed with the damn UFC and beaten Brock, Couture and Mir. UFC would of marked him as the GOAT and claimed him as theirs.

Seems every other Fedor post attempts to discredit him and re-write history.

Search for any poll on p4p GOAT and Fedor is miles ahead of everyone else, usually gets as man votes as the number 2 and number 3 combined!

All this shit about him not being the greatest heavyweight ever is a laugh. Who is better??

Transport prime Fedor to today's UFC and he stomps the shit out of everyone IMO. I'd bet good money that Prime CroCop would eat Miocic alive. MMA hasn't evolved that much if we still have Werdum and Hunt as top contenders.

Every sport has a "golden era" Ali so highly thought of because he came out on top of boxings, k-1 had Hoost/schilt era and MMA's great era was during Fedors reign. Fedor will be the greatest heavyweight for a long time.

So far he is.

He could of been the undeniable GOAT if he had just signed with the damn UFC and beaten Brock, Couture and Mir. UFC would of marked him as the GOAT and claimed him as theirs.

Feel bad for Fedor. At one point a move to UFC would have really benefitted his legacy. He could have steamrolled Zombie Nog, beat old man couture and cracked Mirs chin. Lesnar as much as I hate to say it might have wrestle fucked him but he would have improved his legacy with a run in the UFC around 2008-2010.

I've no doubt that once JDS and Cain came along he would have been laid out but I'm sure he could have taken the title before they got it.

igor vovchanchyn was the first great mma heavtweight.

You're an idiot. CroCop had to go through a gauntlet just to get a shot at Fedor. If he didn't win that tournament he would have NEVER faced Fedor. Imagine that? Meanwhile undeserving fighters including some with losing records all got to face Fedor. So yeah, it was convenient.

Cro cop turned down a fight w Fedor ..so did Barnett, who instead fought Nog. as did several "top people". RANDY C. Turned down 3 mill to fight him.....no one wanted to fight Fedor. FACT.
Fedor owned Cro cop with a broken hand.., Virtually every fighter, commentator, and knowlegabke fan call Fedor GOAT..

"I see no weaknesses in Fedor, he is the most amazing fighter I have ever seen."
-Bas Rutten...
. if that's not enough...how can u argue w Chuck....
"Fedor is the best and greatest fighter and Martial Artist of all time"
-Chuck Norris

The Fedor we see today is not even close to the man he was. Prime Fedor would rule hws today, he is the best so far by a wide margine.

I'm tired of this argument about whether or not Fedor is the GOAT of the HW division. One camp says he was the greatest ever but got old, the other camp says even in his prime he would lose to some of the top contenders from today. Well both are kind of right.

Have you ever noticed how fighters themselves even refer to Fedor as the greatest HW of all-time? That amount of respect comes from the fact that Fedor was the first truly amazing fighter in the HW division. In the sports early days he was the best fighter in the world. I wish he would have faced Randy Couter or Josh Barnett at least once, two fighters that I always thought matched up well against him stylistically. And it was convenient that he only fight CroCop once. Having said that, he was still dominant and proved that he was the best fighter back then. Those other three guys all lost multiple times, including fights to each other.

Would Fedor have had a difficult time being as dominant today against the bigger more skilled heavyweights we have now? Absolutely. But I think a prime Fedor would have been competitive, he'd win and lose against the best and possibly get a title reign but he would certainly not be undefeated.

Fedor was not the greatest heavyweight of all-time, but he was the first truly great heavyweight.

So if hes not the goat hw...who is? No one is even close on record or achievments.. like by a mile.

Greatest, not greatest, what difference does it make really? Sherdog has been stuck on this issue the last 10 years. Maybe its time to move on?

Boxing as a long history of great fighters who didn't know when to quit and tarnished their legacies. MMA will be no different. Probably one of the best things Dana has done was make Chuck quit when he did.

Yeah but Boxing has been around a LOT longer and the sport is mature. Fighters nowadays are in most cases worse than fighters from past eras. MMA is different. The sport is still maturing and we haven't seen what the best athletes with a lifetime of proper training can do.

It's true that Fedor stuck around a bit too long but even in his prime Fedor would struggle against the best fighters of today. These guys are bigger and more skilled than the fighters from Prides days.

Cro cop turned down a fight w Fedor ..so did Barnett, who instead fought Nog. as did several "top people". RANDY C. Turned down 3 mill to fight him.....no one wanted to fight Fedor. FACT.
Fedor owned Cro cop with a broken hand.., Virtually every fighter, commentator, and knowlegabke fan call Fedor GOAT..

"I see no weaknesses in Fedor, he is the most amazing fighter I have ever seen."
-Bas Rutten...
. if that's not enough...how can u argue w Chuck....
"Fedor is the best and greatest fighter and Martial Artist of all time"
-Chuck Norris

The Fedor we see today is not even close to the man he was. Prime Fedor would rule hws today, he is the best so far by a wide margine.

You're literally just making shit up at this point. Nice comedy routine.

Fedor getting KO'ed at this point in his career doesn't really diminish what he accomplished at his peak. It certainly doesn't help his standing, but it doesn't hurt it as much as people might think.

I think the critics might have an argument if his career were peppered with losses throughout his peak, but they weren't. He went undefeated for 10 years against the best competition available.

We may never see that in the heavyweight division again.

he is the GOAT HW - plain and simple. You can say whatever you want, but what he did to the HW champs of Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, etc.... these were history making events. he always came to fight, with the mantra of live or die by the sword. of course he is past his prime, but there is no HW that came close to the level of success he had in the fight game.

Fedor is no doubt the greatest of all time..

He was amazing to behold. Flinging himself into danger zones to finish fights, against formidable opponents. This can crusher nonsense makes me puke. Who else in MMA has defeated as many fighters whose achievements include being UFC champions, Olympic medalists, K1 champions, ADCC champions, Pride FC champions, plus MMA champions of other organisations and tournaments (Strikeforce, Pancrase etc)?
Nobody, I'd wager

He was amazing. Whether or not you think Jones is better, or GSP, or Andy or whoever, that's fine, because they're amazing too. No need to slag off Fedor.

Back