Fastest way you've seen a friend ruin their life?

Alcohol and drugs with a side order of woman.

Lost a friend to OD on some coke with something else in it. Have a friend hooked on meth and he will never be the same. Another friend right now got shot over some bullshit and he's fighting for his life.

These were all white kids who came from great families in a pretty mellow city. I can't imagine how crazy it must be to grow up and go to a school in LA or NY. If you were to take my group of friends or people I knew, and put them into other cities, they would have fucked shit up. Hell, I'd probably be dead.

I'm super greatful to have slipped away from the madness. I think without jiu jitsu or something to keep me out of trouble and I would have been gone.

I blame hip hop and drugs man. Some people just got too lost in that wannabe thug mentality. There's definitely more but I don't want to get sad typing it out.
I think that the kids who grow up in good neighborhoods, who end up being fuck ups like that, probably find a way to fuck up anything in their life. If it hadn't been hip hop, it would have been butt rock in the 80s, or jazz in the 20s. They would have fucked up no matter what is the main point.

One of my good friends married this lazy, autistic feminist who would brag about cheating on guys if they didn't trust her. A few days after graduating from college, she decided she didn't want to use her degree after all and settled on a minimum wage retail. This was 6 years ago and she still has that job while my mate pays for pretty much everything (rent, bills, food, etc.).

He's miserable, but it beats being alone apparently...?

Shitdoggers have no friends. Solitude lone alpha wolves is what defines true Shitdog.

A few buddies growing up rotted their minds on drugs. Don't have contact with them anymore.

I like how this thread eventually became women ruining men's lives lol.

My teammate from my high school wresting team graduated from Yale. Last I heard he's a Manager at Radio Shack.

I suppose the most accurate response to the thread title is suicide.

Only if youre a degenerate or a broke ass
That is the title of the thread. They ruined their life doing drugs. I've seen many people start with prescription drugs get hooked and switch to heroin eventually because it's cheaper and easier to get. Being a drug addict cost money.

My teammate from my high school wresting team graduated from Yale. Last I heard he's a Manager at Radio Shack.
Where's the part about his actions ruining his life?

Buddy always was an alcoholic but was super smart at math and science . Became pharmacist . Stole lots of pills from work . Got arrested and lost his license . Got into computers and is able to take contract work with Lot of down time but became a vicious , mean alcoholic who is 42 but looks 62, lives with mom, is 300 lbs and rants and talks shit/posts in FB all damn day and gets into internet wars with people. Is bipolar too ( likes to announce it) on meds , and always showing off large gun collection on FB. Can't hang with him anymore and only talk to him in IM on FB once in a blue moon. Sad.

I guess most people know someone who has overdosed or been seriously messed up by narcotics.

I threw a party and a friend got fried on god knows what; it took four of us to hold him down until the cops got there. We helped them strap him onto a stretcher and take him away, his eyes rolled back and he was foaming at the mouth.

Whatever it was that he took burned away the person he was and replaced him with a stranger, he was never the same after that night.

We're all just sacks of chemicals, mess with the balance, and you can go to bad places. Some times you don't come back.

We all smoked a lot of weed but one friend hit the bong too hard and unlocked his inner schizophrenic. He's been jabbering nonstop nonsense for the last 6 years.

I worked in banking 10 years ago and my coworker/friend from high school found a better job working on base for the government.

He made $18 an hour and was given all the overtime he wanted.

He was an alcoholic who adventured off into dope

He started shooting up at work, got caught, got a 2nd chance after they paid for his rehab then got caught again.

He started stealing from his parents and anyone else he could

He's been in jail and arrested multiple times and now can't find a job to save his life.

Had 1 friend overdose and die at 21. Have another that is an alcoholic. In and out of jail. Currently staying in a hotel contemplating suicide.

I love hearing well-off people talking like they know what's up lol.

I guess most people know someone who has overdosed or been seriously messed up by narcotics.

I threw a party and a friend got fried on god knows what; it took four of us to hold him down until the cops got there. We helped them strap him onto a stretcher and take him away, his eyes rolled back and he was foaming at the mouth.

Whatever it was that he took burned away the person he was and replaced him with a stranger, he was never the same after that night.

We're all just sacks of chemicals, mess with the balance, and you can go to bad places. Some times you don't come back.

Shit, that sounds crazy.

You never found out what it was he took, or was he somewhat messed up prior?

Back