Fastest way you've seen a friend ruin their life?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Of course, we all have those friends that didn't quite live up to expectations. But we also have those that completely fucked up any chance of reaching said expectations.

- Living in an oilfield town, I have seen a shitload of family members and former classmates drop out of high school to go where the big bucks are at. Little did they know, the oil industry isn't very stable. Most of them blew their paychecks on huge trucks and alcohol. When oil prices went down in 2015, a lot of them were fucked. Some went homeless, addicted to drugs, or simply gave up. Many did resort to working in fast food until oil picked back up,

- Not really a friend, more of an acquaintance. Was a pretty good soccer player, I heard he had scholarships waiting for him once high school finished. He was definitely a prick though. In late 2014, he was charged with killing a 16 year old kid at a party or something like that. He was later acquitted a couple years later, but any hopes he had of playing soccer beyond HS were gone by then. Last time I saw him, he was working at a McDonald's.

- A close friend of mine was socially awkward around girls and never had a girlfriend. Think typical white nerd stereotype, glasses and everything. We were 20 when he found his first girlfriend. 2 or 3 months into the relationship, he intentionally impregnated her. Knowing him, it was probably in order to keep her. Rumor has it that his girlfriend also cheated on him during their relationship. He moved awhile back and I have not heard from him since.

1) Hanging
2) DUI (Military guy on the path to promotion and instead got kicked out for a DUI)

I usually can spot these things or types of people from a mile away, or I think I can spot these kinds of people, so I just stay clear before anything ever hits the fan. This is also probably the reason I post so much on Sherdog.

I've seen women ruin more guy's lives than everything else combined.

Manager for a telephone pole company, 2 kids, just got a settlement for an injury on the job and used it to buy a house and remodel it. He came home from work for lunch and found the old lady fucking some dude and caught a felony assault. Haven't heard from him since the day he caught them. Pretty sure he is in county right now.

Losing a soccer scholarship and getting a chick pregnant aren't great examples of your life being ruined. Update the thread when these guys start blowing dudes for crack rocks

Well my best friend died from a heroin OD days after graduating high school.

My other friend died from a heroin OD right after ending his 8 years in the Marins Corps

Last edited:
Prescription drugs. Percocet, Vicodin, and Oxycotin lead to heroin.

Losing a soccer scholarship and getting a chick pregnant aren't great examples of your life being ruined. Update the thread when these guys start blowing dudes for crack rocks

You got crack rocks bro? Asking for a friend ...

We all look for ways to ruin our lives. Is normal. Im currently working on a mid 30's heart attack from energy drink usage with a minor in obamacare tax evasion.

Back