Fake News: Iconic Crying Migrant Girl Was Never Separated from Mother, Says Father

And notice how every time the father is quoted its pretty clear from the context that he was not present with the mother and daughter then, or now that they've relocated. I understand the title of the misleading article is "father says" in order to lead you to believe that he witnessed these things when clearly, he did not.

This article is essentially hearsay as reported by Breitbart. Stamp your feet all you want, but I'm unmoved by such shitty reporting.

Here is an article from yahoo knews and reuters by gustavo palencia
"My daughter has become a symbol of the ... separation of children at the U.S. border. She may have even touched President Trump's heart," Denis Valera told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Valera said the little girl and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the Texas border town of McAllen, where Sanchez has applied for asylum, and they were not separated after being detained near the border.

Honduran deputy foreign minister Nelly Jerez confirmed Valera's version of events

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-says-little-honduran-girl-time-cover-not-024329900.html

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
  1. 1.
    derogatory
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Textbook example here.

This would be like if you found out the famous picture of the little Asian girl running naked in Vietnam ..... actually put on clothes and jumped in a car right after the picture was taken.

It does undercut it though. Heavily. As someone who may not experience racism in their everyday life hears stories about how much a travesty etc, but then hears the full story they will say "well if it wasn't for". Whereas if the main story was "black male working on wall street shot for being black after work" it would hit more levels and add more awareness to all parties.

Just like in this case, if someone is on the fence on their stance or 50/50, and then you learn the crying boy was fake, now the crying girl is fake, it makes you wonder what else has been falsified to fit an agenda. If they were both real stories as the face of the movements you would reach more levels.
Exactly this.
Deceptive methods for short term gains doesn't pencil out for those paying attention.

Easy to say that after the damage is done. That photo ran on the cover of the New York Times.

CBP: "I would tell you," the spokesperson said at the time, "that being an infant, she will not be separated from her mother unless there is the criminal or immigration history of an adult in the family unit, evidence of abuse that would indicate that the child’s safety is at risk, questionable familial relationships (fraud), [or] insufficient detention space to accommodate a family unit where both parents are present."

What's the narrative? That Trump wanted to separate children from their parents as a deterrent? That's not borne out by the evidence.

On the narrow question of whether she crossed the border illegally or not, it's possible (though unconfirmed) that you are right . But if you were trying to make a bigger point about Trump administration policy, you were wrong.

Heard on NPR the exact same facts of the case repeated, that the mother and child were eventually reunited, and that the ACLU is bringing the govt to court over a due process violation. No denial of facts by the govt. It’s supposed to go to court today. Anything is possible but unless you can find me one source that claims a different set of facts for the case, your framing does not really work.

The narrative is that the separation of children at the border is happening in cases like the Honduran (sp?) one as a matter of policy that Trump had full power to control (as proven by his EO) , so the fact that one picture was bs, does not change the entire narrative. There also appears to be cases where it has happened to asylum seekers, even when they legit presented themsleves (although I am not sure how pervasive that is).

Here is an article from yahoo knews and reuters by gustavo palencia
"My daughter has become a symbol of the ... separation of children at the U.S. border. She may have even touched President Trump's heart," Denis Valera told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Valera said the little girl and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the Texas border town of McAllen, where Sanchez has applied for asylum, and they were not separated after being detained near the border.

Honduran deputy foreign minister Nelly Jerez confirmed Valera's version of events

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-says-little-honduran-girl-time-cover-not-024329900.html

Two people, neither one of which was present during any of this, have confirmed each others accounts of events they have no first hand knowledge of? Well I'm sold then.

BTW, government has EVERY right to separate mother and child in this case. Mother had been caught before in 2013, so under obama or trumps watch, they can separate the child and parent.

BTW, even CBS is on this confirming the story, and not based on the father's account.

She took the kid without telling the father/husband, to the US for a better life. But she had $6,000 to pay a smuggler.

That's doing better than many Americans, imo.

It's a fucked up situation. I'd rather NOT detain and separate families. But, y'know, laws and such.

It's not outrage, it's empathy.

You should try it sometime.

One could still have empathy, but understand that the laws should matter, because if we just ignore it, then we are opening the flood gates for the rest of the world.

I understand that their lives could be miserable back home, but maybe the parents shouldn't be putting the kids in this situation to begin with. What is the alternative to just letting everyone come to the US?

For those of you still desperately buying this bullshit and questioning the father, the Honduran minister and border controls version of events, Time have now had to issue a correction

http://time.com/longform/john-moore-getty-photo-separation/?xid=tcoshare

DgTzn0eXkAAPUw9.jpg

Just give up already, it's over. More fake news exposed.

Last edited:
Two people, neither one of which was present during any of this, have confirmed each others accounts of events they have no first hand knowledge of? Well I'm sold then.
And were you present on the majority of things you support politically?

Does one have to be presnet to believe a rape victims story as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-child-separation-crisis-speaks-out.html
the daily mail article doesnt mention anything about a phone call.... it says a Honduran official told him they were together. So Breitbart are full of shit as per usual
it's gone WAY beyond the daily mail at this point. Regardless of the daily mail, Time AND CBS have an interview with the guy that got the photo.

Not only that, they interviewed the arresting agent.

Not only that, it was this lady's second arrest, so even under obama rules, she'd be subject for child separation.

we can just skip the kidnapping aspect of it, kid seems like she was kidnapped from her dad.

You know it's bad when Time has to do a correction........

it's gone WAY beyond the daily mail at this point. Regardless of the daily mail, Time AND CBS have an interview with the guy that got the photo.

Not only that, they interviewed the arresting agent.

Not only that, it was this lady's second arrest, so even under obama rules, she'd be subject for child separation.

we can just skip the kidnapping aspect of it, kid seems like she was kidnapped from her dad.

You know it's bad when Time has to do a correction........
oh Im not talking about whether the kid is with the mother, I have no idea of knowing either way. So I tend to believe those who have spoken on the matter.

But theres no mention of a phone call in the daily mail article they initially mention, thats where Im calling them on their bullshit

Back