Fake News: Iconic Crying Migrant Girl Was Never Separated from Mother, Says Father

You know how much free shit you can get by exploiting the American welfare system once you get to Texas ?
I do actually. With one child, if she even qualified(which she wouldn't if she didn't fall into one of these categories www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-policy-non-citizen-eligibility, and she wouldn't if she crossed under the radar like she was trying to do) she would recieve $150-200 a month in food stamps, and maybe Medicaid.

6k blown and an 1800 mile trek for all those glorious benefits, no thanks.

I think people vent towards things that they can control. We can control our leaders and our policies in our country. We can't control issues in other countries, that's why people don't express as much outrage in regards to those issues.

On the flip side, people deflect towards things they cannot control. For example, when somebody gets mad at Trump for saying he grabs women by the pussy, there is always somebody defending Trump by saying, "Yeah, but where's your outrage about men in Afghanistan?" Which is almost a dumbfounding level of deflection.

I guess, but stuff like that is an individual and his actions. I think that type of response isn't correct here. I don't think over population is something we cannot control tho. People just don't like talking about it, and would rather attack low hanging fruit. It is a societal trend, which can and should be be curbed and dealt with. As far as I know, there is no war/collapse of government going on in Honduras, so what is there to seek asylum from? To me, it seems it would boil down to overpopulation in their country, which is leading to overpopulation of our country through migration.

I guess you could say the pussy grabbing is a societal trend of people with money and power using and/or abusing that position of power. But that is more along the lines of being a hater.

We know who the real fake news is. If it's propaganda with any purpose other than to report fact, it's not news. I advocated for fox news to have the "news" removed some years ago, because that wasn't what news was supposed to be.. Now they aren't the worse.

I'm really kind of offended by this one.

Send them back. She illegally entered the USA 2 times, hopefully the law is upheld during her hearing and she and her daughter are expelled from the USA for good.

Also anybody creating fake news like the Twitter fucks should lose their jobs and all credibility.

Too bad a POTUS cannot be fired for alt facts

Deporting illegals makes sens. Separating parents and kids for punitive and/or political reasons is wrong.

Separating parents and kids for punitive and/or political reasons is wrong.

Is it wrong to release the family units into the interior of the US within 20 days of their apprehension? That's the only alternative in lieu of a legislative fix.

Too bad a POTUS cannot be fired for alt facts

Deporting illegals makes sens. Separating parents and kids for punitive and/or political reasons is wrong.

That’s not what this thread is about, this is about the media lying.

Is it wrong to release the family units into the interior of the US within 20 days of their apprehension? That's the only alternative in lieu of a legislative fix.

I'm so glad its not my country with such two absolutely stupid options.

The story has been corroborated by multiple sources already.

Yeah, no one said that.

OK. So then it's just as bad as the fake picture then. Focus on things that actually may be happening then.

I'm so glad its not my country with such two absolutely stupid options.
We are lucky to finally have a president who takes this issue seriously. Before Trump, the two major parties did their best to ignore the will of the people on this issue.

Jesus, Michael Brown was a really bad guy to get behind.
It's unfortunate he became the face of a movement.
Shit happens all the time. The symbol that emotionally moves the most people is selected by imagery and mythology, rather than by fact. It's just a symbol. We need to understand that and get over it. Choosing the "wrong" symbol does not invalidate a movement.

We are lucky to finally have a president who takes this issue seriously. Before Trump, the two major parties did their best to ignore the will of the people on this issue.

I understand that. My point is not that a POTUS is engaging immigration, rather that the two legal choices to deal with it in this specific senario are both fucked, and your 2 party system is all good with it being fucked.

OK. So then it's just as bad as the fake picture then.

I don't believe that you would be as fired up about this issue if not for sensationalist media coverage like that photo.

Focus on things that actually may be happening then.
Here's what's happening: Trump and the Republicans are proposing legislative revisions to TVPRA and the Flores Settlement Agreement so that families can be detained together until deportation and repatriation. By contrast, the Democrats' bill would do nothing to fix these issues, thereby forcing "catch and release" upon DHS.

I understand that. My point is not that a POTUS is engaging immigration, rather that the two legal choices to deal with it in this specific senario are both fucked, and your 2 party system is all good with it being fucked.
Yes. I don't think you and I have written anything contradictory. Glad to reach agreement.

Leave you homosexual fantasies out of this thread. Either contribute something worthy or gtfo
I did contribute something worthy. Your assignment is to find it and quote it, and then comment on it. I'll grade your effort.

Shit happens all the time. The symbol that emotionally moves the most people is selected by imagery and mythology, rather than by fact. It's just a symbol. We need to understand that and get over it. Choosing the "wrong" symbol does not invalidate a movement.

It does when the entire movement is based on a symbol and there is no real truth behind it. BTW I'm not saying that is the case here.

I did contribute something worthy. Your assignment is to find it and quote it, and then comment on it. I'll grade your effort.
<TrumpWrong1>

Also you aren’t qualified to grade anything

Back