Fake News: Iconic Crying Migrant Girl Was Never Separated from Mother, Says Father

The picture has nothing to do with your view on the policy discussion. The picture being fake was not used to represent your first sentance at all. It was used to represent separation after an illegal crossing. That's actually happening. So the picture being fake is not relevant. You asked me what narrative I was talking about, I explained, and u respond with the narrative you want to debate. It's a bizarre form of straw manning at this point. Again I'm like

{<huh}

Ok, I'm not sure where we went off the rails but I will try to get us back on track.

The MSM ignored basic journalistic standards by using the crying child picture to promote a false narrative. I'm assuming you agree. Everyone seems to agree with that, except for @Darkballs, who plugs his ears upon exposure to information that violates his partisan narrative. The

We know that previous administrations have separated family units which crossed illegally. In fact, I'm quite confident the Gandhi administration would do it as well. That's because 1) many of the "family units" are impersonating actual family units 2) many of the adults in the "family units" (as in the mother of the crying child) are guilty of illegal re-entry (a felony) and thus must be prosecuted 3) many of the adults in the "family units" are deemed a danger to the children accompanying them, for example because of a former rape conviction.

Sessions' zero tolerance policy would likely lead to more temporary family separations than Obama's catch and release policy. I'm sure you would agree that neither the family unit situation under Obama nor under Trump is desirable. I'm sure you would also agree that under TVPRA and the Flores Settlement Agreement (+ subsequent rulings), the president has no other options. A legislative fix in needed to allow the president to detain family units until their parents can receive a court date. The Republicans are proposing one, and the Democrats have put forward nothing that fixes TVPRA/FSA.

The Congolese woman's case will be interesting to watch. It would be foolish to judge even the basic facts of the situation without hearing DHS's side of the story. I'm sure you would agree with that. Further, as you know, there is no policy of separating families who arrive legally at a port of entry.

The MSM ignored basic journalistic standards by using the crying child picture to promote a false narrative. I'm assuming you agree. Everyone seems to agree with that, except for @Darkballs, who plugs his ears upon exposure to information that violates his partisan narrative. The

Man you can't handle losing well if you want to keep showing up every 24-hours to misrepresent my position.

I think your source was crap. Still do. You finally came around to admitting it yourself, so I'm not sure why there's still anger. Are you ashamed maybe?

Anyway, I also think it's irrelevant which child of the 3,000 forcibly removed was used, as the point would have been the same.

Can you atleast admit what is happening at the border is real?

I've not one time stated anything indicating families weren't being separated . . . but I will not complain about the processes in place protecting our borders.

Back