Fact: Conor has never KO'd anybody with a good chin. His power is the biggest myth of our time.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Uhhh lets look at his most noticeable KOs

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_4001.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BHurts%2BChad%2BMendes%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2B179.gif

3%2Bkd.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BDrops%2BChad%2BMendes%2BUFC%2B179.gif

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Finally I saved the best for last.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He also has gotten finished.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.

You people really find the most bizarre things to sulk about McGregor.

Aldo had never been finished by strikes, McGregor KOd him with one punch.

Mendes had been finished once by a knee to the chin.

Alvarez had been finished once 10 years ago.

Hardly questionable durability.

Ehhh, not the most devastating of punches. He clipped him in the right spot but I doubt anyone with a good chin would go out cold from that. I don't see anyone in the top 5 at LW or WW going out cold from that shot except maybe Alverez I guess, but even then, not out cold. I think TS is on to something.

Edit: I honestly believe that even my girl Cyborg would have survived that.

Last edited:
Highest TKO rate in the UFC and is a FW/LW.

Yep, his power is overrated.

/retardation.

Ehhh, not the most devastating of punches. He clipped him in the right spot but I doubt anyone with a good chin would go out cold from that. I don't see anyone in the top 5 at LW or WW going out cold from that shot except maybe Alverez I guess, but even then, not out cold. I think TS is on to something.

Not many 145/155lb fighters have actual KTFO's on their record. They aren't big enough.

There is a huge difference between hitting hard and hitting as hard as Conor does.

This fight can only go in 2 ways.

Conor TKO's Floyd within 4 rounds or Floyd wins by UD and outpoints Conor totally.
LOL like Floyd couldn't wear down Conor & TKO him. Especially w/ that questionable cardio of his

lol Another retard.

He's KO/TKO'ed 18 out of 21 of his opponents, all within the first round or two. That's power, buddeh.

Aldo doesn't have a chin? Well I guess not after Conor destroyed it. Have you ever seen Nate dropped that many times in a fight? Only other time I've seen Nate hurt was against Thompson. Also Conor KO's almost every opponent & makes it look easy.

If you want to degrade Conor's skills, power is the last thing you should go for. Ironically you actually know that Conor has good power & that's why you felt the need to talk shit on it.

Now if your point is that Conor doesn't have as much power as a heavy weight, then you might have an argument

Nate has been hurt a ton of times in his career. He recovers well and is obviously durable, but he's been floored a lot.

Alvarez is kind of like a Hassan N'Dam type. He gets floored by everyone (often more than once), but his recovery usually bails him out. McGregor is obviously a step above his other LW opposition in terms of striking ability and perhaps even power seeing as he was able to stop him outright (of course, Chandler showcased similar raw power, although he clearly isn't the striker McGregor is), but Alvarez has never had a particularly good chin.

There is a huge difference between hitting hard and hitting as hard as Conor does.

This fight can only go in 2 ways.

Conor TKO's Floyd within 4 rounds or Floyd wins by UD and outpoints Conor totally.

Exactly. Not really coming close to stopping Nate Diaz with 4 oz gloves in MMA is far more impressive than doing this to Antonio Margarito.

Shane-Mosley-destroys-Margarito.gif

Conor has power but not as much as people believe. He's more accurate than powerful. In the UFC he's only KO'd Aldo and Poirier and the rest has been tko due to volume. He doesn't knock people out cold with 4oz gloves so he's definitely not doing it with 10oz on the goat

Wtf does that have to do with a general discussion about power? Holy shit, dude, get it together.
And the poor guy lost the discussion and resorts to acting like an idiot. Lol, better luck next time kid.

He has power..But not godlike power like the UFC is trying to make us believe.
Nothing he has done, has been wow worthy in terms of the KO's he has gotten...He has KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.

The combination of these posts and your username, too much, too much. I bow to your God-like troll ability. Or, I shudder at the sheer stupidity of your opinion. Either way, carry on. This is why I read Sherdog, for shit posting like this.

Edit: I honestly believe that even my girl Cyborg would have survived that.
Any fighter would go out from that up to MW guaranteed

i dont actually believe conor has remarkable power at all. he has great placement, thats it.

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

^ does this look like a massive hammer of a blow to anyone? he catches aldo right on edge of the chin, thats the only story here. just a little nudge in the right place. he's not roy nelson bombing overhands.
True. Which, in some ways, actually means he is a decent striker, since he's accurate and efficient with individual strikes. He was not efficient with his energy output in the first Diaz fight.

Thank you

True. Which, in some ways, actually means he is a decent striker, since he's accurate and efficient with individual strikes. He was not efficient with his energy output in the first Diaz fight.
18 tko/ko in 20+ fights

Back