Fact: Conor has never KO'd anybody with a good chin. His power is the biggest myth of our time.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Uhhh lets look at his most noticeable KOs

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_4001.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BHurts%2BChad%2BMendes%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2B179.gif

3%2Bkd.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BDrops%2BChad%2BMendes%2BUFC%2B179.gif

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Finally I saved the best for last.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He also has gotten finished.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.
You were doing well until Nate

Mmmm. I agree with the other part of your post that the technique is the reason for a lot of his finishes, but he does have that one punch power that puts fighters on wobbly legs when he throws it with more power and less technique. I think the Poirier fight is a good example - 20-30 seconds before the end of the fight, he hurt him with a power left hook right on the button and you could see Poirier wobble and start to move backwards before he got dropped.

I thought even in the Alvarez fight, his striking and the way he moved in and out looked completely different from past fights. I remember Stann saying in the post fight analysis that Conor wasn't that fast - but watching that first knockdown live, his reflexes were very quick and I had to watch the replay to see what he got hit with.

I don't think he's like a Rumble where he loads up and blasts his fist through someone's head. But aside from Aldo; when he dropped Brimage, Poirier, Mendes and Alvarez in the final flurry, they weren't going to get back up.

sure, they weren't getting up, but they weren't completely out either.

you realize what you're saying is exactly what i was saying right? you said it yourself, "final flurry". that's what i'm saying, he has to MAUL guys over the course of some time in order to get most of his stoppages. he's not 1 shotting everyone like Rumble is, or Mark Hunt.

A young lawler with less brain damage got knocked out by a weak jab from Diaz with perfect placement. Yes, lawler, too.

Leave it to a cyborg fan to say stupid shit. If you had any sense, you would have dropped that (pissing) hot potato.
No one's talking about young Lawler and leave it to a Jones fan to hate another fighter for PEDs use.
<mma1>

sure, they weren't getting up, but they weren't completely out either.

you realize what you're saying is exactly what i was saying right? you said it yourself, "final flurry". that's what i'm saying, he has to MAUL guys over the course of some time in order to get most of his stoppages. he's not 1 shotting everyone like Rumble is, or Mark Hunt.

Of course.

But I think people also get a bit quirky about the 'touch of death' phrase. I was just giving my interpretation of it - in that, if he does hit most fighters cleanly, they're in trouble.

I hate even saying this, but when the conspiracy theorists come out and say; 'Why were Alvarez/Mendes going backwards/moving into Conor's left hand? They never do that' I know Mendes wasn't in great shape, but even early in the fight he got hit with something - albeit a spinning back kick - which you could visibly see stunned him.

I don't think Conor mauls someone before he beats them - for me that's a balls out beat down or having someone up against the fence and beating the bejesus out of them. I think apart from the 1st Diaz fight, he's not very wasteful with his shots, and I thought he stepped it up a level against Alvarez.

All of those guys have good chins.

Eddie wasn't kod in any of those clips

I can pull clips of any fighter in those situations. The statement is if they get through it or not.

I'll post Floyd getting rocked by corley who has no power to prove Floyd has no chin? That would be silly.
Or against zab or Mosley.

If you fight enough against good fighters you're going to be put in bad spots it shows what fighter you re getting though those spots.

Any great fighter has had very bad spots in fights.
I don't even know why im stating the obvious

Of course.

But I think people also get a bit quirky about the 'touch of death' phrase. I was just giving my interpretation of it - in that, if he does hit most fighters cleanly, they're in trouble.

I hate even saying this, but when the conspiracy theorists come out and say; 'Why were Alvarez/Mendes going backwards/moving into Conor's left hand? They never do that' I know Mendes wasn't in great shape, but even early in the fight he got hit with something - albeit a spinning back kick - which you could visibly see stunned him.

I don't think Conor mauls someone before he beats them - for me that's a balls out beat down or having someone up against the fence and beating the bejesus out of them. I think apart from the 1st Diaz fight, he's not very wasteful with his shots, and I thought he stepped it up a level against Alvarez.

he wasn't wasteful in the 1st Diaz fight, he wasn't really missing many punches. it's just he was putting too much energy into the shots and trying to pressure Diaz which was a mistake.

i don't really feel like he stepped it up a level vs Alvarez, i felt like Alvarez was just open season for him. Alvarez just kept getting up and trying to come forward too much with no defense, maybe he was hurt after the first knockdown and wasn't thinking properly, whatever who knows, but Alvarez just did nothing but walk into punches. if he's trying to slip punches and Conor gets him still because he's faster or because he baited him into a trap, that's different. but Alvarez was just walking straight into Conor. anyone would've beaten him if he did that to them.

do you know the definition of maul? to beat or bruise, to mangle. to handle roughly.

does Conor not do these things to his opponents before the fight is stopped?

i don't know what your definition of maul is, but from your description, it sounds like it's the same as Joe Rogan when he describes Cain Velasquez.

No one's talking about young Lawler and leave it to a Jones fan to hate another fighter for PEDs use.
<mma1>

You think lawler takes punches better now than he did when he was young? Why?

Also, jones isn't a steroid cheat, unlike cyroid. He also doesn't duck challenges to shit talk online about nobody finding him attractive. Cyroid is an embarrassment.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes

3%2Bkd.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.

So what fighters at LW/FW do have power?
And which fighters at LW/FW have a chin?

{<jordan}

OK, whatever you say, not straight guy.

Whatever I and the commission both say, straight guy.

Keep getting your info from bozos on sherdog if you want, you only make yourself look stupid.

dyvcm1.jpg

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

3%2Buppercut.gif

Chad Mendes

3%2Bkd.gif

Damn, how could you be so stupid that literally almost every example you made goes against your point and heightens the power of his punches.

Damn you are really stupid and miserable. <36>

Back