Fact: Conor has never KO'd anybody with a good chin. His power is the biggest myth of our time.

The fight will go however Floyd wants. Conor will have no say in the matter.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Uhhh lets look at his most noticeable KOs

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_4001.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BHurts%2BChad%2BMendes%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2B179.gif

3%2Bkd.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BDrops%2BChad%2BMendes%2BUFC%2B179.gif

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Finally I saved the best for last.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He also has gotten finished.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.
21 wins 18 KO's says he has pretty good power and even though his accuracy is a big part of why he has so many ko's that still kinda goes in the power category

I find it hilarious that someone is this dumb

Aldo doesn't have a chin? Well I guess not after Conor destroyed it. Have you ever seen Nate dropped that many times in a fight? Only other time I've seen Nate hurt was against Thompson. Also Conor KO's almost every opponent & makes it look easy.

If you want to degrade Conor's skills, power is the last thing you should go for. Ironically you actually know that Conor has good power & that's why you felt the need to talk shit on it.

Now if your point is that Conor doesn't have as much power as a heavy weight, then you might have an argument

it's not his power that hurts people, it's his precision and timing. when you are surprised by a punch, it dramatically amplifies the power of the punch. when you hit someone right on the "button" this also amplifies the power, and also when you counter them as they move forward.

Conor isn't a featherfist by any means, but this "death touch'" that Rogan and a bunch of other people like to throw around, or how all it takes is " one punch" from Conor to beat Floyd aren't living in reality.

Conor has KO'd exactly 1 person with a single punch, that is Jose Aldo, who was moving forward, throwing his own punch with a completely exposed chin. everyone else he had to maul them over the course of some time in order to stop them and even then most of those guys aren't unconscious.

you can just tell he's not throwing power punches by the way he looks when he punches. everything is fluid and smooth. it's not like he's exploding into people like someone like Rumble Johnson.

everything about his style is about moving the other guy into his left hand and disguising his punches by coming from odd angles. it really has nothing to do with power and everything to do with skill.

his power is good, but it's not anything surprising, he's a professional fighter. it's his accuracy, timing, and ability to make the opponent go where he wants that is very impressive and unique to him.

this is coming from a guy who doesn't even like Conor.

Conor has timing and precision and knows how to utilise his reach for effectiveness of the snap on his punches. He is not throwing haymaker hooks or uppercuts.

Condit isn't a power puncher either but they both seem to be in the upper echelon of finishing fights. Raw strength isn't everything.

Edit: I still feel Mayweather will clown him. But give me a red ball nose mc hammer pants amd clown shoes for 50 plus mil and i would do it in a heartbeat. Hell 20 mil and I would give Mayweather a blumpkin after he ate all you can eat thai/indian food. No homo.

Thanks, Obama, for this gigantic steaming piece of shit you have so laboriously efforted to deliver unto us. We don't deserve this that you have given us, unworthy as we are.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes

3%2Bkd.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.
Nice report. A+

What timing is It?
Do you have the correct timing?
Does anyone really know what timing it Is- Does anyone really care about timing? Oh no....

Conor haters: "what's timing? What's movement? I don't know what you people are talking about, and that makes me feel dumb and angry!"

Poor babies.

He would clean KO Lawler or Masvidal with that?
<{cruzshake}>

A young lawler with less brain damage got knocked out by a weak jab from Diaz with perfect placement. Yes, lawler, too.

Leave it to a cyborg fan to say stupid shit. If you had any sense, you would have dropped that (pissing) hot potato.

dyvcm1.jpg

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

3%2Buppercut.gif

Chad Mendes

3%2Bkd.gif

Hillary lost, get over it.

Conor has KO'd exactly 1 person with a single punch, that is Jose Aldo, who was moving forward, throwing his own punch with a completely exposed chin. everyone else he had to maul them over the course of some time in order to stop them and even then most of those guys aren't unconscious.

Mmmm. I agree with the other part of your post that the technique is the reason for a lot of his finishes, but he does have that one punch power that puts fighters on wobbly legs when he throws it with more power and less technique. I think the Poirier fight is a good example - 20-30 seconds before the end of the fight, he hurt him with a power left hook right on the button and you could see Poirier wobble and start to move backwards before he got dropped.

I thought even in the Alvarez fight, his striking and the way he moved in and out looked completely different from past fights. I remember Stann saying in the post fight analysis that Conor wasn't that fast - but watching that first knockdown live, his reflexes were very quick and I had to watch the replay to see what he got hit with.

I don't think he's like a Rumble where he loads up and blasts his fist through someone's head. But aside from Aldo; when he dropped Brimage, Poirier, Mendes and Alvarez in the final flurry, they weren't going to get back up.

I guess you're going say Anderson never knocked out anyone with good chin also ts. Yeap, I'll keep saying it. Sherdog needs do a i.q. test before letting people join.

Nothing wrong with Conor's punching power. I'm not at all convinced he hits harder than Mayweather, though.

seeing how Nate weighed as much as a HW when he fought Conor makes it that much more impressive that Conor was able to hurt him so many times. Nate is almost 2X as big as Conor.

Back