Ex UFC fighter Rory Mac wants in on SF HW Grand Prix

They fear losing their jobs far less is my take on it. UFC and their contracts seem like fickle bitches.
I just get this feeling that the same guys that would cry about fighting someone that comes in 5lbs heavy in the UFC, would take on a guy up an entire weight class in Bellator. There must be some perks we don't know about in cases like this.

The only way Rory winning the HW tourney could be funnier is if he somehow managed to beat Mousasi while doing so.

The butthurt from Mousasi fans would be insane. Probably a couple suicides here and there.

And I like Mousasi.lol

I'm interested but... How would an American commission even consider this?

There comes a time when a fighter should hang them up...Around Tim Sylvia should have been a good time...

No way. Then we'd never have seen his KO of Arlovski (my other favorite HW). That was one of the greatest knockouts of all time. At this point, though, it's definitely the twilight of his career. He hasn't looked good since Strikeforce. Those wins in Japan were nice for him, but Ishii is hardly a competitive HW for a top tier fighter.

I just get this feeling that the same guys that would cry about fighting someone that comes in 5lbs heavy in the UFC, would take on a guy up an entire weight class in Bellator. There must be some perks we don't know about in cases like this.

I would imagine some perks and $$$ would be involved. Mostly you see this happen with guys that go to the UFC from Bellator as well.

Many of them were exciting in Bellator, but then they get a little more gunshy...And are far more careful. They look for the win far more because they fear losing their employment.

I recall a couple fights saying this in interviews here and there...Wish I could remember which exactly right now.

No way. Then we'd never have seen his KO of Arlovski (my other favorite HW). That was one of the greatest knockouts of all time. At this point, though, it's definitely the twilight of his career. He hasn't looked good since Strikeforce. Those wins in Japan were nice for him, but Ishii is hardly a competitive HW for a top tier fighter.

He lost so much speed and technique, it was apparent even in the Sylvia fight...Which is why I said that. I loved the AA KO as much as the next guy but AA was an idiot in that fight while Fedor was patient.

I'm not saying it was luck, he lined that sucker up perfectly...He was lucky AA was retarded...That was the very best AA we had ever seen. His handspeed, output, footwork...It was an amazing sight. Fedor could barely dodge.

Would he even get sanctioned too?? unless he piled on the pounds

What?!?

He’s most likely around 200 without cutting

All he needs is to weight in at 205

Eat a good meal + weigh in jeans n you’re good

Lol... Rory looked at the geriatrics in the tournament & said f*ck 50lbs difference, I'll whoop every one of em!!! haha... <Lmaoo>

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/rory...ld-wants-bellator-mma-heavyweight-grand-prix/

“I spoke to Scott Coker about it.” MacDonald said during a recent discussion on Facebook Live. “He said ‘we’ll see how this fight goes against [welterweight champ Douglas] Lima’ and maybe they can use me as an alternate if something comes up.”

When asked if he had any experience training or sparring with heavyweights, MacDonald had this to say:

“Not really, but I’m willing to try and fight them. It will probably be a bit of a problem but I’m up for the challenge.”

That's just crackin!

I don't like Fedor's chances against anyone at this point in his career...nobody...everyone on that list, can and will beat him...Unless he goes back to fighting how he once did...wrestling, ground and pound and submission heavy offense...use standup, to only get inside...otherwise...fedor is not going to do well....Rory, might be able to use his speed against guys like mir and big belly roy nelson. mo lawall...might be tougher, but I still think rory can do decent...I think guys like Mitrione and bader...are too big...hit too hard...and also have speed...and bader got the wrestling...not sure about rampage...rory could probably just take down him down over and over...and at this point, probably even beat him on the feet...almost all of those guys are never weres in the ufc..

Fedor knocked down Mitrione in his last fight. Its possible he is not as done people currently think. Its just that his chin is completely gone.

Fedor would definitely be a favorite over Sonnen, his chin would probably hold up against him.

I would love to see how big he could get and still be fast. Rory is one of the most technical fighters alive atm.. This could be interesting.

Ufc hws fucking suck other than maybe Stipe, Doom, Cain if ever healthy, Ngannou. Bellator sucks for hw compared to UFC. RORY BE FINE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back